HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

New player here

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
lazy_eye_of_sauron
Slave

PostSubject: New player here   Mon Jul 17 2017, 02:29

Just got into wh40k recently. I always saw people at the comic shop that I frequent playing it, and while I knew a good bit of the lore, I had never actually bought any models and played. One of the people working at the shop saw me looking at the models, and pointed me to the start collecting boxes, saying that if I was going to start playing, now would be the time to start.

I took a week to research the races, so I know I'm happy with my ~$70 dollar investment (not counting the paint, glue, and all that) and was just drawn to the Dark Eldar.

Currently I'm doing finishing touches on my models before painting. Sadly as this is my first time assembling models that require glue, there are times that I glued my fingers to pieces and left some areas where you can see glued on fingerprints; so I need to do some sanding and xacto knife work before priming and paint. Should have everything done in about a week.
Back to top Go down
masamune
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: New player here   Tue Jul 18 2017, 08:56

Welcome to the dark city, can't wait to have a look on your minaitures.

Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions =)

Dark eldars ~4k points / Battle sisters ~2k points
Back to top Go down
Ikol
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: New player here   Tue Jul 18 2017, 09:15

lazy_eye_of_sauron wrote:
Sadly as this is my first time assembling models that require glue, there are times that I glued my fingers to pieces and left some areas where you can see glued on fingerprints

Are you using plastic glue? Or some other substance (superglue, I have found to be a bad idea for plastic, though it's often your only option if you're working with resin).

I can't imagine having that problem unless you're using too much glue and spreading it over areas that are not, in fact, contact points.

Citadel modelling supplies aren't good for much, but their little squeezy bottle with the metal tube on it has worked wonders for me. Lets you very precisely control where the glue is applied.
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Citadel-Plastic-Glue-2016-Global?_requestid=3634221

The hobby store you mentioned probably has something similar, I'd recommend talking to some other players in your area and asking what they use/ where they get their supplies (assuming you haven't already).

Otherwise, welcome to the Dark City! Up until very recently, I would have said that you'd selected one of the hardest armies in the game, but with the advent of 8th ed, I'd actually say we're looking to be quite powerful.

Salutations!

Woe to our enemies. We'll tear them apart regardless.
Back to top Go down
lazy_eye_of_sauron
Slave

PostSubject: Re: New player here   Tue Jul 18 2017, 09:23

I'm using a generic version of that glue that one of my friends recommended to me. It's just me using too much, and I got better at application after a few kalabite warriors.
Back to top Go down
Ikol
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: New player here   Tue Jul 18 2017, 09:40

*Kabalite

Ah well, happens to the best of us sometimes.

Good luck with future modelling!

Woe to our enemies. We'll tear them apart regardless.
Back to top Go down

New player here
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

HIGH COMMORRAGH

:: Port Of Lost Souls
-
Jump to: