Galith
Slave

PostSubject: 2K DE Mostly Competitive   Mon Jul 17 2017, 00:42

Battalion Detachment – 6 CPs Total – 1998pts. – 95 PL

HQs:
Archon, Blaster, Agoniser @73pts.

Archon, Blaster, Agoniser @73pts.

Elites:
Trueborn x7, x2 SCs, x4 Blasters @ 167pts.
Raider w/ Dark Lance @115pts.

Troops:
Kabalite Warriors x5, Blaster @ 50pts.
Venom w/ additional SC @ 95pts.

Kabalite Warriors x10, SC @ 85pts.
Raider w/ Dark Lance @ 115pts.

Heavy Support:
Ravager w/ 3 Dark Lances @155pts.

Flyers:
Razorwing Jetfighter w/ 2 Dark Lances @ 155pts.

Razorwing Jetfighter w/ 2 Dark Lances, SC @ 170pts.

So the idea is to dance around my opponents army as much as possible while focus firing at key threats. If the enemy gets close enough to assault me, then I force feed him a transport, creating a speed bump, to help get the rest of my army away from combat. Both Archons go in the Raider with my Trueborn. My LGS has a lot of LOS blocking terrain so our meta seems to be a little different from other shops. This means when I deploy, knowing I am going against alpha striking armies, I am able to do so and hide my Trueborn and Ravagers really well.

What do you guys think? I appreciate and welcome any feedback!
Back to top Go down
tonytastey
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 2K DE Mostly Competitive   Mon Jul 17 2017, 03:22

I think the extra SC's on the Venoms might be unnecessary waste. You could drop them and spend the extra 60 points upgrading 2 of the Ravagers to all Disintegrators, which would bring more balance to your firepower.

You could also shave points and maintain the Battalion by dropping an Archon for an Warlock (37 points, 36 point savings). If you combine the 60 from the SC's and the 36 from the Archon you could buy a squad of Mandrakes to go assassinate poorly positioned characters by dropping mortal wounds on them.
Back to top Go down
Galith
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 2K DE Mostly Competitive   Mon Jul 17 2017, 22:59

While normally I would agree with you in regards to the SCs on the Venoms, my local meta consists of almost every army. I face swarm Guard, Orks, and Nids quite regularly so those extra shots really help there. Then on the flip side, I see a lot of armor across from me as well and that is why I went with Dark Lances on all the vehicles that could take them.

As far as the Warlock is concerned, and this is my fault for not mentioning it, I am aiming to be as competitive as possible while only using Dark Eldar. I plan to stay away from Ynari, Eldar, and even the Haemonculi covens.

I do appreciate the feedback and I was looking at doing something similar to what you were saying before I had made this list and deciding I was going to stay strictly Dark Eldar.

I have been toying around with dropping a Ravager for another Razorwing Jetfighter. This would allow me to run the Razorwings in the flyer detachment which would give me another CP. But I am not sure if CPs are that important right now, maybe when the DE codex drops. This also takes me down a heavy support choice that would help limit the amount of VPs I could give up for the Big Guns mission.
Back to top Go down

2K DE Mostly Competitive
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: