Share | 

inured to pain or whatever

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: inured to pain or whatever   Mon Jul 17 2017, 18:59

You neither suffer nor lose wounds until after the save is rolled and you can take the extra save against mortal wounds too (as per designers commentary).

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Will_Wallace85
Slave

PostSubject: Re: inured to pain or whatever   Mon Jul 17 2017, 19:56

The only stuff I could find in FAQ's and designer commentary was regarding abilities that state "loses a wound". This might be me applying faulty logic, but from what I was reading and from AoS rulesets, loses a wound means after damage on d3/d6 damage is rolled and applied to models, while suffers a wound would occur before damage on dx attacks is rolled, but after any armor/invul saves. The idea being the unit has suffered an unsaved wounding blow at that point, whereas the wound on the model isn't lost until after d3/d6 rolls have occurred and wounds have been allocated to models.

Like you were saying the confusion is due to "wound" being used for two different concepts. I could also be completley wrong here, but I was working off the fact that no "suffers" worded abilities have ever been mentioned in any errata that I can find and that mortal wound saves in particular are supposed to be exceptionally rare and only granted if specified.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: inured to pain or whatever   Mon Jul 17 2017, 22:07

I don't think there is any in-game distinction between losing and suffering wounds and the FAQ seems to make it clear that such abilities are rolled for each wound lost/suffered and that they can also be rolled against mortal wounds.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Bedlam55
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: inured to pain or whatever   Thu Jul 20 2017, 12:37

@TrawlingCleaner wrote:
You roll for each WOUND you take.
Example: person a wounds one of you models. You fail the save and the weapon causes 2 wounds. You roll 2 dice in this case.
It makes sense because otherwise someone could get lucky and block a six damage weapon with just one roll

This is correct for feel no pain style abilities but not Armour saves

inured to pain or whatever
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

:: Dark Eldar Discussion
-
Jump to: