HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

<Insert Edgy Name Here> List

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Arani
Hellion

PostSubject: <Insert Edgy Name Here> List   Wed Jul 05 2017, 10:49

Howdy folks, so I've been trying to come up with a decent list capable of handling multiple threats and being viable for just about any mission.  Granted, I'm having to use the models I've got, and this is by no means the best list out there.  But here's what I've got..

Battalion Detachment (+3 CP)

HQ: 2 Warlocks w/ the Horrify power.

Task and Purpose:  Sit in the back, camp objectives, and throw out that horrify power to stack with the PGL's and hopefully cause some more casualties.  They're cheaper than Archons (which I honestly like more, but I'll take the cheap route)

Elites: None

Troops:  4 squads of 10 Kabalite warriors, Sybarites have PGL's for an extra D3 shots and some juicy -1LD.

Dedicated Transports: 4 Raiders w/ Dark Lances, 3 of them with shock prows

Task and Purpose:  Sit in the backfield to engage from range, or act as maneuver elements as necessary.

Fast Attack: 3 squads of 3 Razorwing Flocks

Task and Purpose: Provide a forward line of defense, counter deep-striking armies, and also to act as a counter-assault element, or sit in the backfield and secure objectives.

Heavy Support: 2x Ravagers w/ 3 dark lances on each ; 1x Reaper

Task and Purpose: Provide ranged fire-support, namely anti-tank, but also anti-horde in the case of the Reaper.  (I've got a second Reaper that's supposed to show up from Forgeworld in the next week, but I'd really love to have 3 of them)

Flyer Wing Detachment (+1 CP)

Flyers: 2x Razorwing Jetfighters w/ Dark Lances ; 2x Voidraven Bombers w/ Void lances (no missiles)

Task and Purpose: Provide a secondary, or primary line of anti-charge, act as ranged fire-support, namely anti-tank, but also anti-infantry in the case of the Razorwing Jetfighters and their missiles. the Voidravens will also be used to try and bomb enemy characters, or destroy durable units with good invuln saves. And finally.. they will act as my early game objective grabbers, and will be able to boom and zoom across the table to secure whatever is required.

So that's my list, and a little bit of how I plan to play it. I'll be fielding it later today against an opponent playing Salamanders. I'll be sure to take some pictures and let you all know how it goes in a battle report. But don't be shy, feel free to tell me what you think!

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: <Insert Edgy Name Here> List   Wed Jul 05 2017, 10:51

For those who haven't seen the graphics I made for razorwing flock, counter-deepstrike tactic.. here you go!

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: <Insert Edgy Name Here> List   Wed Jul 05 2017, 13:52

Have you considered shuffling points and replacing the Voidravens with Hemlock Wraithfighters? They add even more leadership penalty, get their full attack value down to the last wound, and they're almost always better damage point-for-point than Voidravens.
Back to top Go down
Arani
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: <Insert Edgy Name Here> List   Wed Jul 05 2017, 15:01

Unfortunately, as you mentioned the Hemlock would require me to really change the list up and remove 100pts somewhere, which doesn't feel very feasible.

Personally I've had good experiences with the voidravens so far, and rather like the high damage potential from the void Lance's. I know the heavy D-scythes and the ability to cast smite probably has more reliable wounds, but I just don't think it's worth it. I'd have to drop a squad of Kabalites, a raider, a gunboat, or a Ravager, all of which I feel are more important to the list as a whole. But thank you for the feedback.

On that note, if I could change anything right now.. I'd probably swap the voidravens out for razorwings, change the Ravagers for Reapers, and then probably add some cheap, bare bones scourge into the list for deepstrike character assassins, or even turn three objective snagging, or even for line breaker.

<Insert Edgy Name Here> List
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: