HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Charging if they're in cover and clocking.....

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Squidmaster
Incubi

PostSubject: Charging if they're in cover and clocking.....   Thu Jun 29 2017, 13:27

Ok, so how are people reading the whole charging into cover thing in regards to monsters? Such as the Wraithknight?

To be specific, as I was playing someone who usually reads rules quite well because he's THAT kind of player, your base has to be within 1" of an enemy model in order to fight in combat. If you're within 1", you get your Pile-In and then fight, etc.
BUT, I've been looking at the rulebook, and it doesn't say BASE. It says MODEL.

"The first model must finish within 1" of an enemy model from one of the target units."

"Any unit that charged or has models within 1" of an enemy unit can be chosen to fight in the Fight Phase."

"To target an enemy unit, the attacking model must either be within 1" of that unit, or within 1" of another model from its own unit that is itself within 1" of that enemy unit."

So to demonstrate with an image, lets say this Cylon is looking to fight this Space Marine. THe Cylon is standing in for a Wraithknight. Because I don't have one. Yet.

So, as its been argued to me by HIM, THAT GUY, the base has to be able to get within 1", and otherwise you can only Pile-In if within 1".

However as I read the rules, its not base. its model.
In this case (because of weird base placement, forgive me, the Cylon has charged so that the MODEL is within 1", therefore it can fight. Right?

The rules obviously prevent the Cylon from getting on top of the building (because it must always end a move on the ground floor, and both Charges and Pile-Ins are described as Moves. But the within 1" rule would allow something big enough to charge someone standing at least right on the edge of Ruins.

Unless I'm missing something?

I can't find any rules which say that a model is always taken as a base......so..............right?
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: Charging if they're in cover and clocking.....   Thu Jun 29 2017, 13:34

40K Rules wrote:
Distances in Warhammer 40,000 are measured in inches (") between the closest points of the bases of the models you’re measuring to and from. If a model does not have a base, such is the case with many vehicles, measure to and from the closest point of that model’s hull instead. You can measure distances whenever you wish.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Charging if they're in cover and clocking.....   Thu Jun 29 2017, 13:39

Where is that? Couldn't find it.

Wait, so a vehicle without a base COULD fight in the above picture, but a Monster or based thing can't?!
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: Charging if they're in cover and clocking.....   Thu Jun 29 2017, 13:46

@Squidmaster wrote:
Where is that? Couldn't find it.

Tools of War sidebar on first page of the core rules.

Quote :
Wait, so a vehicle without a base COULD fight in the above picture, but a Monster or based thing can't?!

Looks that way.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Charging if they're in cover and clocking.....   Thu Jun 29 2017, 16:24

Well. There it is. Damn it.

I hate that.
Back to top Go down
krayd
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Charging if they're in cover and clocking.....   Thu Jun 29 2017, 17:07

Really, I think that this issue should be pitched to GW (along with a host of others) to find out what they have to the say on the matter - it warrants a FAQ/possible errata; or at least a possible revision when Chapter Approved comes out.

Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: Charging if they're in cover and clocking.....   Thu Jun 29 2017, 22:16

Along with things like "are the Ravager and Venom supposed to have the hover rule like the Raider?"

Back to top Go down
krayd
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Charging if they're in cover and clocking.....   Fri Jun 30 2017, 16:26

For what it's worth, I pitched the question at the GW FB team, and they replied that the rules team has been asked about this several times, and they plan to address it in a future FAQ.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Charging if they're in cover and clocking.....   

Back to top Go down

Charging if they're in cover and clocking.....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: