Share | 

Influx in the dark city

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
TeenageAngst
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Influx in the dark city   Fri Jun 30 2017, 10:03

My roommate mentioned the figure when I brought up wanting to sell my army for something more fun. He's been looking for a game to start and is interested in 8th edition but he found out Warmachines/Hordes was selling like gangbusters recently.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: Influx in the dark city   Fri Jun 30 2017, 10:14

As mentioned before, they launched a new edition last year so they would have had a lull in sales between the announcement and launch followed by a boost in sales after launch but 800% seems wildly exaggerated.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Influx in the dark city   Fri Jun 30 2017, 10:16

Count Adhemar wrote:
As mentioned before, they launched a new edition last year so they would have had a lull in sales between the announcement and launch followed by a boost in sales after launch but 800% seems wildly exaggerated.

Depends how many kits they sold before.

I mean, going from 1 to 9 is an 800% increase. Wink
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: Influx in the dark city   Fri Jun 30 2017, 10:17

In this, as in all things, context is key.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Influx in the dark city   Fri Jun 30 2017, 11:09

Maybe both grow?

The Dark Eldar Codex sucks. You probably won just because your enemy loaded his dice to loose. Never forget this mantra and spread the word. Mention it in every discussion possible, people can´t get enough of that valuable information and need to be reminded regularely.
+++++END OF TRANSMISSION+++++
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t12720-tainted-reborn
Back to top Go down
PartZebra
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Influx in the dark city   Fri Jun 30 2017, 11:45

You not a fan of 8th Angst?
I have to concur with the Count, without exact figures a percentage doesn't mean much - but any increase in a game's sales is fantastic!

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Influx in the dark city   Fri Jun 30 2017, 13:37

Oh partzebra, you have doomed us all Wink

That is a huge increase!
But it could also just be one seller reporting those kind of increases.

Hopefully there will be more de players in my area because de vs de games have always been my favourite. Fast deadly with each side having the assendancy until one side wins by turn 3. So exciting!
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Influx in the dark city   Fri Jun 30 2017, 13:42

Joking aside, it's interesting that Warmachine is picking up in sales. From what I heard, 3rd edition received a mixed reception, to say the least.

I wonder if they released an Errata that fixed some prominent issues or some other release that drew people's interest.
Back to top Go down
PartZebra
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Influx in the dark city   Fri Jun 30 2017, 13:57

It very well could just be that they're picking up a few that are dissatisfied with 8th? I couldn't say, as most people in my local store are pretty pro-8th Razz

Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: Influx in the dark city   Fri Jun 30 2017, 14:09

The Shredder wrote:
Joking aside, it's interesting that Warmachine is picking up in sales. From what I heard, 3rd edition received a mixed reception, to say the least.

I wonder if they released an Errata that fixed some prominent issues or some other release that drew people's interest.

They did indeed. They issued a pretty extensive errata/FAQ and then essentially rewrote an entire faction due to customer dissatisfaction!

Back to top Go down
Gildaheir
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Influx in the dark city   Fri Jun 30 2017, 16:20

800%?! "What's your source?" "Well, my roommate said it..." Good lord. We get you hate 8th, but that's moronic. PP is in a terrible state when it comes to competitive at the moment, and the major players in the community suspect they rushed the release of MK3 to avoid competing with 8th. They had to literally re-release an entire faction's rules (Skorne) because they were so poorly done.

Honestly, I'm one of the new joinees, and I don't anticipate being around long. The outspoken misery of some of the people on here is unbearable.
Back to top Go down
Ikol
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Influx in the dark city   Fri Jun 30 2017, 16:57

Gildaheir wrote:
800%?! "What's your source?" "Well, my roommate said it..." Good lord. We get you hate 8th, but that's moronic. PP is in a terrible state when it comes to competitive at the moment, and the major players in the community suspect they rushed the release of MK3 to avoid competing with 8th. They had to literally re-release an entire faction's rules (Skorne) because they were so poorly done.

Honestly, I'm one of the new joinees, and I don't anticipate being around long. The outspoken misery of some of the people on here is unbearable.

Have you seen the rant thread yet?

And you thought our regular discussion was bad... Wooh!

Woe to our enemies. We'll tear them apart regardless.
Back to top Go down
PartZebra
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Influx in the dark city   Fri Jun 30 2017, 17:01

Is it truly that bad? Sweet, I'm gonna have to go and read this now; there's nothing I love more than the despairing platitudes of other people!

Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Influx in the dark city   Fri Jun 30 2017, 17:09

At leasts its contained to a thread.
Nothing wrong with a little venting, which there is always the need for when a new edition drops.

BUT.

To turn to positivity.

A suggestion.

Seeing as we do seem to having a bit of an influx of new members, might it be a good idea to give a good kicking to one fo the odd challenges that pop up every now and then?
(Archon/Haemonculus/Hidden Library)
I'd be happy to organize and put some admin in (though I lack an abiliuty to organize any sort of prize).
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
PartZebra
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Influx in the dark city   Fri Jun 30 2017, 17:16

Squidmaster wrote:

Seeing as we do seem to having a bit of an influx of new members, might it be a good idea to give a good kicking to one fo the odd challenges that pop up every now and then?

A challenge you say?

Pray tell, for you have my interest and attention!

(And yes, both positive and negative perspectives are as valuable as each other given the correct diligence)
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Influx in the dark city   Fri Jun 30 2017, 17:18

The ones I've been aware of since joining a few years ago were:
Hidden Library - short story
Archon - painting
Haemonculus - modelling

What say the "elders"?
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
PartZebra
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Influx in the dark city   Fri Jun 30 2017, 17:24

Oh, well now that sounds really interesting Very Happy
I'd be happy to help as well even though I'm a just a slave.

Then again, what kind of Dark El- Drukhari player would I be if I didn't forcibly attempt to gain social standing? Wink

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Influx in the dark city   Fri Jun 30 2017, 19:06

None.

And you're still none, as clearly I should be selected as the assistant administrator to our Archons.

(But seriously, I think getting some competitions running around here would be awesome, turn that venting energy to something entertaining).

Woe to our enemies. We'll tear them apart regardless.
Back to top Go down
Barrywise
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Influx in the dark city   Fri Jun 30 2017, 19:08

There usually is come Christmas time when people aren't as frugal with their wallets and have more time than usual.

Slave

PostSubject: Re: Influx in the dark city   Fri Jun 30 2017, 20:11

I came swooping in to 40k right at the end of 7e, so I know very little on how past editions fared, but 8th has been a vast improvement (especially to Raiders) for the Drukhari I've found, and without it I would've never discovered my new love for Hellions.

I've watched 40k from afar for at least 13 years and actually bought a Witch Hunters Codex back in 3e, but never bought models. I didn't gain a taste for the miserable grimdark galaxy until recently, mainly because I felt I didn't have a faction to latch unto, I didn't want to envision myself as a person living in any of these places...

Then I found the Drukhari, and was just so entertained by the nonsense I was reading, between Sliscus, Sathonyx, Vect, and even Urien Rakarth, they were like the most morbid pirate-pranksters to ever exist. I realized that if I didn't want the wish-fulfillment of imagining myself as one of the soldiers, captains, or commanders of a faction, I might as well embrace the faction I wanted to be a part of the LEAST, and twirl my moustache as I poisoned and blasted apart my foes.

Joke's on me, though, because my buddy is making a homebrew RPG system off of 8e and other tabletop RPGs and we're going to be doing a "Xenos Squad" game with me as a Drukhari...so in the end I will be envisioning myself as one of these spikey scumbags.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Influx in the dark city   Fri Jun 30 2017, 20:49

trumoi wrote:
Joke's on me, though, because my buddy is making a homebrew RPG system off of 8e and other tabletop RPGs and we're going to be doing a "Xenos Squad" game with me as a Drukhari...so in the end I will be envisioning myself as one of these spikey scumbags.

RPG system you say? Based on Dark Heresy or something?
You had my attention, now you got my curiosity.

The Dark Eldar Codex sucks. You probably won just because your enemy loaded his dice to loose. Never forget this mantra and spread the word. Mention it in every discussion possible, people can´t get enough of that valuable information and need to be reminded regularely.
Back to top Go down
PartZebra
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Influx in the dark city   Fri Jun 30 2017, 20:53

Ikol wrote:
None.

And you're still none, as clearly I should be selected as the assistant administrator to our Archons.

Just you wait, I'll have my day. It's only a matter of time.

And ooooh, RPG?
Back to top Go down
trumoi
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Influx in the dark city   Fri Jun 30 2017, 21:34

CptMetal wrote:
RPG system you say? Based on Dark Heresy or something?
You had my attention, now you got my curiosity.

I have little information to divulge, unfortunately, as my friend who is GMing is building it, although it's going to be D6, and we're using a modified version of 8e for the combat and stats for characters, with his own homebrew system to fill out out-of-combat rolls, situations and so forth. Everyone is required to make their own sub-faction to a degree, and mine is posted here if you're curious.

The game itself is we're a Xenos Detachment of an Imperial Campaign, hence the sub-factions who either need to be able to ally with Imperials in this case, are already allies of some kind, or are beholden to the Empire of Man in some way. I made a Corsair army that were sold out by Sliscus, one player is an Aeldari Outcast, the Tau is undecided if they're Enclave or from the Empire, and the last two are playing Orks that worship the God-Emperor since they believe he is both the most fighty and the most thinky of all beings anywhere.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Influx in the dark city   Fri Jun 30 2017, 22:24

I´d like to offer you my self made rpg because we got a real good system for the dice etc. But it´s in german Sad

Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Influx in the dark city   Fri Jun 30 2017, 22:45

Quote :
You not a fan of 8th Angst?

No.

Quote :

And people think I'm negative? Get a loada this guy here.

Quote :
I'd be happy to organize and put some admin in (though I lack an abiliuty to organize any sort of prize).

Now there's a good idea.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down

Influx in the dark city
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

:: Dark Eldar Discussion
-