HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Combat drugs - how do you track yours?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre

PostSubject: Combat drugs - how do you track yours?   Wed Jun 28 2017, 18:22

Having played 8th now and constantly forgetting what each unit had for their combat drugs, I was wondering what you folks use to keep track of them?

Has anyone created any custom stuff they use I could have etc?
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
Woozl
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Combat drugs - how do you track yours?   Wed Jun 28 2017, 18:29

I have some 7th ed button tokens that would be great if they matched the current drugs.
Back to top Go down
Hen Tai, the tentacle guy
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Combat drugs - how do you track yours?   Wed Jun 28 2017, 19:01

I'm planning to make some laminated unit cards with drug slots and stuff.

Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica

PostSubject: Re: Combat drugs - how do you track yours?   Wed Jun 28 2017, 19:04

for psychic powers I use magic the gathering sized proxy cards in sleaves. You can also write on them with a dry erase marker to denote what power is on which unit. Something like that can be done for drugs.

Or just write them down. It should be easy to remember what is what

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Combat drugs - how do you track yours?   Wed Jun 28 2017, 20:26

I use multi colored flat marbles that you can get at any craft store ... Each color represents a different drug ... They used to be the way I marked what units had pain tokens back in 5th Ed. So now they mark which unit has what drugs
Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre

PostSubject: Re: Combat drugs - how do you track yours?   Wed Jun 28 2017, 21:00

Cool thanks everyone. I like the token/marble ideas as markers for the units. They would be quite simple to do. The card sleeve idea with a drywipe marker would also be a good one. Will give both a try and see which one I like using

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
Hen Tai, the tentacle guy
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Combat drugs - how do you track yours?   Wed Jun 28 2017, 21:06

The infinity players at my club are making some nice tokens by gluing paper tokens on see through floorprotectors for furniture.

Ikol
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Combat drugs - how do you track yours?   Thu Jun 29 2017, 01:02

Sound cool. Easy way to get a nice design with minimal effort (print something you think is cool).

I have a small section on the rim of each base that is colour coordinated with the rest of the unit. And unique to each unit within the same faction. A piece of paper to the side with a list of the available drugs in one column and a tally of which units took that drug in the opposite column (+1S: Red Hellions, Succubus, Blue Wyches) does it for me.

Probably not as fun as tokens, but less likely to get confusing if I have a multiple combat (and we break for lunch before it ends).

Woe to our enemies. We'll tear them apart regardless.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Combat drugs - how do you track yours?   Thu Jun 29 2017, 11:28

I'm using rings.

I only use Reavers and not Wyches, so ring tokens fit nicely over the stork of flying bases.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: Combat drugs - how do you track yours?   Thu Jun 29 2017, 11:42

I bought a load of 2cm diameter mdf discs from ebay for about £3, sprayed them and wrote the drug effect on them. Cheap and easy. Just plonk one down next to the unit (and remember to move it when you move the unit!). Also use the same discs for other things like PGL hits, psychic power effects etc.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
frosty8269
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Combat drugs - how do you track yours?   Fri Jun 30 2017, 21:33

Way back in earlier codex when we last had this style of Combat drug chart I made these...

<Edit, It seems as a forum newbie I am forbidden from posting pictures so use your imagination>

They are Paracetamol tablets (cost less than 20pence) sprayed with varnish (so they dont disolve when painted) and then coloured with GW paints.

Just place the coloured pill on the table next to the unit during the battle (I also had a chart printed for reference e.g. Red Pill = +1 Attack etc)

I still have these markers, I now just need to print a new chart with the new drug effects.
Back to top Go down
ncshooter426
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Combat drugs - how do you track yours?   Fri Jun 30 2017, 22:50

I'm making some token markers, I'll add them to the thingiverse site when finished.

+ Necrons are coming 2017
+ Sons of Medusa WIP
================
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Combat drugs - how do you track yours?   Sat Jul 01 2017, 02:24

I write them down like I did in 7th.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Combat drugs - how do you track yours?   Tue Jul 04 2017, 13:04

I used to write them down, but I think I'll order & paint some wood tokens, like the count suggested.

It'll look like a lot fancier Smile

Dark eldars ~4k points / Battle sisters ~2k points
Back to top Go down
Scrz
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Combat drugs - how do you track yours?   Mon Aug 07 2017, 12:05

Drugs for the discriminating palate

Shadow war Armageddon non-boring edition

The actual tokens fell of the back of a truck and I haven't seen them before in my life.
The design of the tokens are not owned by me and is shown for entertainment purposes only.
Unless they fall under the "fair use" clause or something. In which case I might know a guy...
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Combat drugs - how do you track yours?   Mon Aug 07 2017, 12:33

That is looking great! Can you g contact the Guy to give us the design?

The Dark Eldar Codex sucks. You probably won just because your enemy loaded his dice to loose. Never forget this mantra and spread the word. Mention it in every discussion possible, people can´t get enough of that valuable information and need to be reminded regularely.
+++++END OF TRANSMISSION+++++
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t12720-tainted-reborn
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Combat drugs - how do you track yours?   Mon Aug 07 2017, 12:38

I flay my last opponent and write it on their tanned hide.
Like a proper True Kin.

Combat drugs - how do you track yours?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

:: Dark Eldar Discussion
-
Jump to: