Share | 

Dark Eldar are OP!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dark Elf Dave
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar are OP!   Mon Jun 19 2017, 12:54

I don't think Dark Lances are OP at all...they are as good as they should be.

When you start to compare individual weapons then you lose sight of the bigger picture. There are a lot of armies that are now sporting twin linked everywhere! We have very little twin linked in comparison to other armies.

I put together a small 1000 point list the other day and I had around 5 Dark Lances in it. Some Marine vehicles have nearly that amount of Lascannons on one tank. We also have very little access to missile launcher type weapons and these have already proven to be a lot better in 8th.

The Heat Lance is our only Melta weapon and while the -5 AP is cool I think S6 means it could really struggle against high toughness vehicles. At 25 points it seems too expensive to give to Scourges.

So I am happy that people are having success with the Dark Lance but I do not think DE are OP.
Back to top Go down
Von Snabel
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar are OP!   Mon Jun 19 2017, 13:20

I also played some games last night, one agains World Eaters and one agains Orks. And the argument that we've been bad so long that now we have superior tactics dont really hold water. I've only played for about a year and i tabled the World Eaters by runt 4 and orks by turn 6 with gharldy any remarkable losses. While sure it's a new Ed. but these guys have played for a couple of years so can't put it on incompetent competition. The list i used wasnt that good either and I made some greedy misscalculations so I don't think I can take much credit for being the master mind to rule them all.

The things I noticed is that the invo saves are really nice on all our things, duuh. Basicly anything above ap -2 is useless. Sure eldar are faster but the Opened top rule is stellar, allowing us to skoot around still fire like crazy. A Talos and a Heami can basicly solo Kharn (add a archon and they can apperently take on a Chaos lord on Juggernaught aswell), which is quite interesting. Wracks a REALLY situational and Hex rifle haven't done anything for me yet. Wyches are really nice tarpits for heavy hitters. 5 of them keept a Mauler Fiend in combat for 3 turns, and the next game they did the same against some Mega Nobs. Might not do as good against everything so would put them as situational for now I guess. And ofc DL are top dollar and I'd take that over a Lascanon any day of the week.

Can't put many notes on how it will work agains a really shooty army like Tau, oh sorry, T'au but the -1 to hit venoms and Razorwing and the 5++ combined with the garanteed turn 2 charge it could be good.
Back to top Go down
Gildaheir
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar are OP!   Mon Jun 19 2017, 18:39

Declaring the dark lance or Drukhari OP is kind of laughable this early in the life of the edition. I'm not entirely sure it's actually even better than a disintegrator. I think automatic 2-3 damage weapons are extremely powerful, and I also have a buddy who spams quantum shielded vehicles with his Necrons, so I'm a bit biased. But, look at stuff like twin assault cannons, predator assault cannons, the exocrine's cannon (can't recall its name), and I think you will quickly see two things: the dark lance is fine and this is still a shooting edition. Melee is FAR more viable than it was in 7th, but ranged combat and the movement phase will still reign, in my opinion. Lucky for us, we have a great weapon that we can bring to the party.
Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar are OP!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

:: Dark Eldar Discussion
-
Jump to: