HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

8th Edition: Ideal Application of Combat Drugs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gildaheir
Slave

PostSubject: 8th Edition: Ideal Application of Combat Drugs   Fri Jun 16 2017, 04:53

Hey folks, I've been lurking for about a week. I haven't touched DE since 3rd edition (really, I didn't touch Warhammer at all until only recently), but I couldn't be more excited about the Drukhari. I love the Wych Cult units, and I think they'll feature heavily in my first few games. I was curious, now that we can pick our combat drugs, where do you see the most bang for your buck for each unit? Reavers with +1 T seems to be strong, but the new to wound chart devalues toughness to a degree. Attacks are glorious, of course. Movement is great. If you're going the route of choosing, what do you think the optimal choices are for hellions, reavers, wyches, brides, etc.?
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: 8th Edition: Ideal Application of Combat Drugs   Fri Jun 16 2017, 06:09

I'm a Kabal player but in my opinion:
The best drug would be the strength drug for witches and blood brides, the leadership one for the beast master and the toughness one for the reavers and the attack one for the Hellions.
(Based on feeling and not on math)

The Dark Eldar Codex sucks. You probably won just because your enemy loaded his dice to loose. Never forget this mantra and spread the word. Mention it in every discussion possible, people can´t get enough of that valuable information and need to be reminded regularely.
+++++END OF TRANSMISSION+++++
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t12720-tainted-reborn
Back to top Go down
Devilogical
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 8th Edition: Ideal Application of Combat Drugs   Fri Jun 16 2017, 06:22

@CptMetal wrote:
The best drug would be the strength drug for witches and blood brides, the leadership one for the beast master and the toughness one for the reavers and the attack one for the Hellions.

Same to me ))
But i give +1 attack to my succubus. She doesn`t realy need anything else this days

Succubus Ariel the Vengefull of the Wych cult Blade Denied to her sister, archon Elieae after the conquering Low Commoragh Dark spire.
Back to top Go down
Barrywise
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 8th Edition: Ideal Application of Combat Drugs   Fri Jun 16 2017, 06:56

I like to give my Succubus the 2" move, but that's just to ensure she gets into range to make her charge, since I usually have her either at the back or in the middle of a squad.

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 8th Edition: Ideal Application of Combat Drugs   Fri Jun 16 2017, 07:13

I've found that +1S on the Succubus can be frighteningly effective. If you have the Drug to spare.

Woe to our enemies. We'll tear them apart regardless.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: 8th Edition: Ideal Application of Combat Drugs   Fri Jun 16 2017, 09:35

@CptMetal wrote:

Some very quick mathhammer shows that for Wyches, +1A and +1S have exactly the same effect against MEQ but +1A is better vs GEQ. I'd probably go with +1A for Wyches/Bloodbrides and give +1S to Hellions instead. Going from S4 to S5 means they're wounding MEQ on a 3+, which is nice, especially with 2 damage vs Primaris Marines/Terminators.

I agree that Beastmaster is the ideal candidate for the +2LD drug. I'd probably give the Mv drug to a Succubus and the Toughness one to Reavers.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Hen Tai, the tentacle guy
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 8th Edition: Ideal Application of Combat Drugs   Fri Jun 16 2017, 14:01

If you want a first turn charge, then the Mv drug is great for reavers as well.

8th Edition: Ideal Application of Combat Drugs
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

:: Dark Eldar Discussion
-
Jump to: