HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

8th edition urien

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Solarflare
Slave

PostSubject: 8th edition urien   Wed Jun 07 2017, 16:29

Hello, just noticed on the 8th stuff urien adds 1 toughness to prophets of flesh models.

Might just be me not seeing it but i cant see any other model having this keyword?

is this just his version of kabal or wytch cult?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: 8th edition urien   Wed Jun 07 2017, 16:32

Yes. You can specify that any COVEN units are Prophets of Flesh and his bonus would work on them but a bonus that specified a different coven would not. Fortunately there are no characters at the moment with a different coven so you can just pretend all your guys are Prophets in order to profit from his ability.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Solarflare
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 8th edition urien   Wed Jun 07 2017, 16:36

@Count Adhemar wrote:
Yes. You can specify that any COVEN units are Prophets of Flesh and his bonus would work on them but a bonus that specified a different coven would not. Fortunately there are no characters at the moment with a different coven so you can just pretend all your guys are Prophets in order to profit from his ability.

awesome thanks for clearing that up for me.
Back to top Go down
Sigmaril
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 8th edition urien   Thu Jun 15 2017, 01:41

Can Kabalites and Wyches be "Prophets of Flesh" as well????

And along that line, can Kabalites and Coven units be "Wych Cult of Strife" and benefit from Lelith?
Back to top Go down
drynwyn
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 8th edition urien   Sun Jun 18 2017, 04:26

Rules as written, there are no restrictions on what you can name a Wych Cult or Kabal, and since they are replaced in all instances, including in rules defining what receives a bonus, there doesn't seem to be anything preventing it. It seems like it isn't intended that way, though (probably).
Back to top Go down
krayd
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 8th edition urien   Sun Jun 18 2017, 06:14

@drynwyn wrote:
Rules as written, there are no restrictions on what you can name a Wych Cult or Kabal, and since they are replaced in all instances, including in rules defining what receives a bonus, there doesn't seem to be anything preventing it. It seems like it isn't intended that way, though (probably).

This is covered in the Designers commentary/FAQ that was released today. No, you can't name a wych cult the same name as your coven and expect to get the same benefits for both.
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: 8th edition urien   Sun Jun 18 2017, 07:09

they say that, and explain why they say that, but fail to explain why that isn't exactly what it says lol.

I know it will be in the errata but currently their answer is "no because we said so don't be a wanker"

PostSubject: Re: 8th edition urien   

Back to top Go down

8th edition urien
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: