Share | 

8ed Combat Drugs for 11 units

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
hekatrixxy
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 8ed Combat Drugs for 11 units   Sat Jun 10 2017, 10:30

+1WS is actually useful on the Succubus to regain the 2+ to hit as the archite glaive suffers a -1 to hit. Including the re-roll to hit from her aura, that means she will hit with all 4 glaive attacks each time she fights nearly 90% of the time.

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 8ed Combat Drugs for 11 units   Sat Jun 10 2017, 12:05

This is too situational to generalize. If you think you can get a Turn 1 charge with your Helions agains T3 models +1WS or +1A is probably the best. But if its agains Khorn Daemons or Ork Boys then you might want +2" Move and hope you can run around them and/or murder some Character with some cheeky positioning.
The only bad choice is +1S on reavers (duuh...), +LD on any unit with less that 10 models, and perhaps +1 WS on the slower guys, since not that much combat before turn 3 anyways. Unless you think 1/6 additional hits for one/two fight phases is worth it, which it's probably not.
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex

PostSubject: Re: 8ed Combat Drugs for 11 units   Sat Jun 10 2017, 12:58

@Logan Frost wrote:
Succubus: +2mov, she is a mini Solitaire.
Wyches: +1S, now they are punching.
Hellions: +1A, the I are already S4 and D2.
Reavers: +1T, T5 W2 to mitigate overwatch.
Beast master: +2LD, to buff beasts.
Nobody needs +1WS, everybody hit 2+ by turn 3.

This is a great summary. Note that Lilith benefits from the succubus or Wych drug depending on which you don't have in the army. I think the +1WS might even be the last drug to be taken depending on the build - because of PfP.

If its in a ynnari army then things change though

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
|Meavar
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: 8ed Combat Drugs for 11 units   Tue Jun 13 2017, 16:24

Oh that is completely true, in ynnari the +1 ws suddenly becomes usefull, I had not thought about that.

Also remember you are not that safe when trying to run around orks. They can move 5, advance a d6 and charge 2d6 with a reroll. The 18" bubble is you minimum distance. So that means nearly a healthy chance to get charged. In total around 40% chance to charge. (This is assumed you will not charge if you roll less than a 4 on your advance so you have at laest 65% to make the charge so you will not eat overwatch for no reason). And then their 4 attacks (fortunately no pistol shots since they advanced) will make short work of our hellions.

One more question:

Can you mix and match rolling and picking drugs?
Say I pick +1 str for my wyches, +1 attack for my hellions and +1 t for my reavers, Now I have one more unit of wyches, but I do not like the ld move and ws bonus can I now roll for my last unit of wyches instead of picking hoping to get a double?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 8ed Combat Drugs for 11 units   

Back to top Go down

8ed Combat Drugs for 11 units
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: