Share | 

rant about GW and play testers

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
CptMetal
Trueborn

PostSubject: rant about GW and play testers    Sun Jun 04 2017, 11:06

For everyone who only wants to let off some steam and rant. Don't clog the other threads: put it in here.
Back to top Go down
Vathek
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: rant about GW and play testers    Sun Jun 04 2017, 11:57

Blisteringly fast!!!!!!! Slower than eldar.
Bloody craftworlders . Bloody playtesters saying i'd be happy. LIARS!!!!!!!!!
Arrrgleblargh.
Also NECROOOOONS!!!!!
What else..........og yeah. WHERE ARE MY ARCHON DRUGS! AND NOW I HAVE TO PAINT ALL TJOSE MODELS I CAN NOW USE. ARE THEY GONNA PAY FOR PAINTS... NOOOOOOOOO!
That feels better.
Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Grimcrimm
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: rant about GW and play testers    Sun Jun 04 2017, 16:52

"Its the edition YOU have been asking for"

Incubi

PostSubject: Re: rant about GW and play testers    Sun Jun 04 2017, 16:55

Screw XXXX XXXXX. You can take the time to gloat about playtesting for GW but you're too cheap to compensate XXXX his hotel room when he runs your entire GT for you.

And screw XXXX and XXXXX. Those chuckleheads acted like they were so much better than their own community when their community was complaining about what they found in the leaks. Don't tell us what we like, you schmucks. We know what we like.

And screw GW for only getting the input of tournament players. 8 pages of rules? Well it's double what Age of Sigmar had, but that's not saying much.

Do not make posts personal, do not criticize individuals at GW or elsewhere by name.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: rant about GW and play testers    Sun Jun 04 2017, 17:18

Something amusing - St. Celestine is missing the rule that prevents you from taking multiples of her in your army. So you could literally do this:

Supreme Command Detachment 1
C&G - 250
C&G - 250
C&G - 250

Supreme Command Detachment 2
C&G - 250
C&G - 250
C&G - 250

Because there's also nothing preventing Auras from stacking, all these models can have 2++ saves so long as they stay within 6" of at least 4 other Celestines.

Alternatively, you could have 5 Celestine units and 22 Seraphim - the Seraphim can also get the 2++ and can then be used to shield the Celestines.

Oh, and each Celestine basically provides you with a guaranteed Act of Faith each turn.

I know this will probably be erratad at some point, but the fact that they forgot to make Celestine a special character just amuses me greatly. Razz
Back to top Go down
Barrywise
Wych

PostSubject: Re: rant about GW and play testers    Sun Jun 04 2017, 19:15

Why is upgrading from a splinter pistol to a stinger pistol a thing? I totally want to pay 7 points for no stat increase.

Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: rant about GW and play testers    Sun Jun 04 2017, 19:34

@Barrywise wrote:
Why is upgrading from a splinter pistol to a stinger pistol a thing? I totally want to pay 7 points for no stat increase.

I hadn't noticed that it was now exactly the same as a Splinter Pistol.

I guess a single-shot pistol with negligible AP and damage that wounded non-vehicles on a 2+ and that is only available on a single HQ and sergeant would just have broken the game entirely. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Gherma
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: rant about GW and play testers    Sun Jun 04 2017, 19:38

I think stinger pistol is an error in the rules and will be faqed for o be 2+... still seven points for that pistol seem way too much!

Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: rant about GW and play testers    Sun Jun 04 2017, 19:41

@Gherma wrote:
I think stinger pistol is an error in the rules and will be faqed for o be 2+... still seven points for that pistol seem way too much!

Perhaps. We're certainly not the only ones affected by this sort of thing - of the 4 weapons Necron characters can have, two of them have identical statlines (the Voidblade and the Hyperphase Sword). For reasons unbeknownst to anyone but GW and their playtesters, the Voidblase costs twice as much as the Sword.
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych

PostSubject: Re: rant about GW and play testers    Sun Jun 04 2017, 19:53

Yeah, they did a terrible job on the editing on these Indices. I was looking through the Space Marine book and noticed that Devastators are Tactical Marines with load out and upgrade options. Their editing department needs to be fired and competent workers hired. There are to many errors to really be excused.
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: rant about GW and play testers    Sun Jun 04 2017, 21:43

This is the edition YOU asked for.

Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: rant about GW and play testers    Sun Jun 04 2017, 22:05

Yeah! Alchemist! You are to blame personally! Now pay teenager or he'll sue you!
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: rant about GW and play testers    Sun Jun 04 2017, 22:07

@TeenageAngst wrote:

Dammit, Doppelganger-me, you've filled out a GW feedback form in my name for the last time!!!
Back to top Go down
nerdelemental
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: rant about GW and play testers    Mon Jun 05 2017, 03:05

they took er jerbs!
Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych

PostSubject: Re: rant about GW and play testers    Mon Jun 05 2017, 03:51

I asked for this edition because I find my community's wringing of hands and gnashing of teeth to be endlessly entertaining (I guess).

Really, the edition I asked for was 9TH ED FANTASY, YOU [expletive deleted] [expletive deleted] [expletive deleted] SCRAPED OFF [expletive deleted] [expletive deleted] SHOVED INTO [expletive deleted] [expletive deleted] [expletive deleted] [expletive deleted] SOGGY TOAST.

Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: rant about GW and play testers    Mon Jun 05 2017, 03:57

9th edition Fantasy and 40k: Advanced where they put back all the interesting rules would be a godsend.

Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych

PostSubject: Re: rant about GW and play testers    Mon Jun 05 2017, 05:02

@TeenageAngst wrote:

No it is not. Oh wait, my location = Western United States, it is my fault by geographic location of residence. jocolor
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: rant about GW and play testers    Mon Jun 05 2017, 08:45

@Calyptra wrote:
Really,  the edition I asked for was 9TH ED FANTASY, YOU [expletive deleted] [expletive deleted] [expletive deleted] SCRAPED OFF [expletive deleted] [expletive deleted] SHOVED INTO [expletive deleted] [expletive deleted] [expletive deleted] [expletive deleted] SOGGY TOAST.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: rant about GW and play testers    Mon Jun 05 2017, 09:28

The more I see of it the more I feel there's a good game somewhere in there but GW have manifested their unfailing ability to take a good idea and (to coin a phrase) [expletive deleted] it right up.

Guys, let's bring the movement stat back!
Fantastic idea. Let's make sure that it only effect movement and not running or charging though.

Guys, with the movement stat back we can really start to differentiate between the various armies in terms of their speed
Sure, as long as Marines aren't noticeably slower than anyone else!

Guys, let's get rid of grenades letting you strike first when charging into cover.
Fantastic. In fact, let's get rid of the initiative stat completely!

Guys, let's give vehicles the same stats as everything else.
Sure, that way we can take away any tactical advantage you could gain by outmaneuvering your opponents vehicles to get their rear armour.

Guys, let's get rid of scatter dice as they just cause so many arguments
Sure, we can get rid of templates too so nobody needs to worry about bunching their units up anymore

Guys, let's make shooting rolls fixed numbers to hit, as that's what they are already.
Great, and we can do the same for melee as it doesn't matter how good your opponent is in melee, you're still always going to make as many successful attacks against Kharn as you are against a Fire Warrior.

And so on...

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Marrath
Wych

PostSubject: Re: rant about GW and play testers    Mon Jun 05 2017, 12:21

Power from Patience, again???
Dumb.

Also Wyches being one of the most improved units of this edition looks like a straight lie to me now, mr playtester.

Maybe next edition, again, my motivation to buy this one is near 0.
I'll probably just paint a lot, instead of playing.

Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: rant about GW and play testers    Mon Jun 05 2017, 12:25

@Marrath wrote:
Dumb.

Agreed. Make it interactive ffs!

Quote :
Also Wyches being one of the most improved units of this edition looks like a straight lie to me now, mr playtester.

They were utterly pointless in 7e and might actually have a use in 8e, so that's a definite improvement but yeah, a tad exaggerated methinks!

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Hen Tai, the tentacle guy
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: rant about GW and play testers    Mon Jun 05 2017, 12:31

I don't like the fact that the colour of the new rulebook doesn't match my armys colourscheme. Now the game is ruined!

The Shredder
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: rant about GW and play testers    Mon Jun 05 2017, 12:48

@Count Adhemar wrote:
The more I see of it the more I feel there's a good game somewhere in there but GW have manifested their unfailing ability to take a good idea and (to coin a phrase) [expletive deleted] it right up.

Guys, let's bring the movement stat back!
Fantastic idea. Let's make sure that it only effect movement and not running or charging though.

Guys, with the movement stat back we can really start to differentiate between the various armies in terms of their speed
Sure, as long as Marines aren't noticeably slower than anyone else!

Guys, let's get rid of grenades letting you strike first when charging into cover.
Fantastic. In fact, let's get rid of the initiative stat completely!

Guys, let's give vehicles the same stats as everything else.
Sure, that way we can take away any tactical advantage you could gain by outmaneuvering your opponents vehicles to get their rear armour.

Guys, let's get rid of scatter dice as they just cause so many arguments
Sure, we can get rid of templates too so nobody needs to worry about bunching their units up anymore

Guys, let's make shooting rolls fixed numbers to hit, as that's what they are already.
Great, and we can do the same for melee as it doesn't matter how good your opponent is in melee, you're still always going to make as many successful attacks against Kharn as you are against a Fire Warrior.

And so on...

Yeah, I think this is yet another case where GW throws out the baby with the bathwater. And then throws out the entire bathroom for good measure.

- The movement aspect still makes no sense to me. Why do units that spend their entire turn doing nothing but running still somehow move slower than ones which stop to shoot and then stop again to fight? scratch

- The other issue (that I don't think was taken into account) is that there are so many units that just ignore the movement stat of their race - and by a significant margin. I also think it's undermined by the ranges of weapons and the ability to basically shoot anything that you can see (characters notwithstanding,) In a game like Warmachine, there's a big difference between moving 5" and moving 7" - because it's all about precision and the weapons are virtually all short-ranged (few guns have more than 12" of range and there are very few units that have an unmodified movement speed of 7" or more). However, with 40k, does it really matter whether infantry moves at 5" or 7" when you've got stuff on bikes moving at 12" or 16"? It's almost irrelevant in terms of bringing your weapons to bear because the ranges are so long to begin with.

In essence, the differences between the movement speeds of units are dwarfed by the differences in movement speed between infantry (of any variety) and bikes/jump packs/vehicles, and also by the range of even the most basic guns.

- The removal of initiative is mind-boggling. Was anyone complaining about initiative in 7th? About the only thing I can remember was people mentioning that high initiative didn't matter much against low initiative (e.g. if your opponent is I4, then there's no benefit for having more than 5 initiative). But I certainly can't remember any major complaints or any requests for initiative to be removed altogether.

- Yeah, they could have easily given vehicles different toughness or save values depending on the arc. On the same note, it's really weird that vehicles have no arcs of fire now either. So a Demolisher with a forward-facing cannon can apparently fire it backwards. Neutral

- Let's also make guardsmen 4pts per model and give them 7pt plasmaguns and 5pt plasma pistols. That can't possible backfire. Wink

- As with initiative, was this something people complained about? I remember some people were annoyed that a bloodthirster with WS10 still couldn't get a 2+ to hit against guardsmen, but this seems like the worst possible fix.

@Marrath wrote:

That's a much better name for it.
Back to top Go down
Ikol
Wych

PostSubject: Re: rant about GW and play testers    Mon Jun 05 2017, 12:50

@Hen Tai, the tentacle guy wrote:
I don't like the fact that the colour of the new rulebook doesn't match my armys colourscheme. Now the game is ruined!

I don't like the fact that the colour of the wall behind the playtesters doesn't match the colour of the (former) contents of their cranium.

But I know that if we look deep into their hearts, which are currently all over those trees, we can find a way to forgive them.

Edit: Not actually a death threat, just making a joke...

”Woe to our enemies.  We'll tear them apart regardless.” ~Barrywise
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: rant about GW and play testers    Mon Jun 05 2017, 12:58

It seems to me, based on everyone who is associated with advising on this edition and testing it, that this is the edition of 40k that all AoS players have been waiting for.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: rant about GW and play testers    

Back to top Go down

rant about GW and play testers
Page 1 of 19Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-