HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 
 

 Coven Units in 8th

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
amishprn86
Dracon
avatar

Posts : 3046
Join date : 2014-10-04
Location : Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Coven Units in 8th   Sun Jun 04 2017, 20:05

If says you may re-roll wounds, didnt said fail wounds (other weapons have "fail wounds") so this tells me yes you can re-roll all wounds to try to get the 6+

For 5pts its a good option to take if you wanted to try for mortal wounds.

Personally the 2D -1ap i think is the better option, lets say you get 3 wound hits, with a 3+ save (-1ap) making it a 4+ (50% chance) you will at least do 2 damage and a chance for 2 more damage.

_________________
New to Blogging, just starting https://maddpaint.blogspot.com/

Harlequins 3k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
Tyranids 10k+
SOB 3k+
Painted 4k points
Back to top Go down
alexwellace
Kabalite Warrior


Posts : 133
Join date : 2012-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Coven Units in 8th   Sun Jun 04 2017, 20:15

Mortal wounds splash onto the unit, dmg 2 doesn't. When fighting 1 wound models your swapping AP -1 for the chance at D3 mortal wounds, which is a fair exchange.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Dracon
avatar

Posts : 3046
Join date : 2014-10-04
Location : Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Coven Units in 8th   Sun Jun 04 2017, 21:24

Im not worried about splashing wounds over, but now i have reliable D2 wounds for all multi wound models.

83.33% chance to hit (on turn 3), then a 16.67% (then add the re-roll) chance to get a 6 on the dice with 2 tries) to do Mortal wounds. If my math is correct it will take 4 attacks to get 1 D3 mortal wound.

Talked to some of my math genius friends (went to school for math literally)

Basically it comes down to are you fighting 2+ multi wounds guys or MEQ or lower. Against MEQ its its about the same, against 2+ armor or 3+ armor with 3+ wounds the Mortal Wounds are better.

So its more situational than anything.

_________________
New to Blogging, just starting https://maddpaint.blogspot.com/

Harlequins 3k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
Tyranids 10k+
SOB 3k+
Painted 4k points
Back to top Go down
Eldur
Sybarite
avatar

Posts : 258
Join date : 2011-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Coven Units in 8th   Sun Jun 04 2017, 23:32

So haemonculi give +1 T to all <Haemonculus Coven> units in a 6", and this includes Raiders and Venoms.
Same goes to Succubi and Archon abilities. You have to choose only one of the three DE factions for each transport, though.

I also like the Cronos bubble. Hitting on 2+ (PfP T3) and rerolling wounds is awesome. Regaining 1 wound per turn, meh (unless you use a lot of Cronos). Coven armies hit hard on paper.

_________________
Archon ÐЖѦXΛI: Let's go outside... and wipe out an entire civilization in a feast of murder and pain.

Eldur project log for Dark Eldar and Eldar
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
avatar

Posts : 867
Join date : 2015-05-01
Location : Las Vegas

PostSubject: Re: Coven Units in 8th   Mon Jun 05 2017, 00:30

Keep in mind that the Haemonculus has to be disembarked for it to buff the Raider or Venom, the bubble doesn't work while embarked.
Back to top Go down
Demantiae
Sybarite
avatar

Posts : 261
Join date : 2015-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Coven Units in 8th   Mon Jun 05 2017, 13:13

Coven looks freakin tasty now. Can't wiat to finish my kabal units and start on my coven.

_________________
------------------------------
The Bone Flower
------------------------------
Back to top Go down
 
Coven Units in 8th
Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

 :: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: