Share | 

Transport Capacity

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Hen Tai, the tentacle guy
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Transport Capacity   Thu Jun 01 2017, 11:57

In my opinion, they shouldn't be allowed. It would just be silly overpowered. What if the fast attack slot prevents them?

Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: Transport Capacity   Thu Jun 01 2017, 12:00

I'm sure there's supposed to be something to prevent it but I've yet to see anything.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Transport Capacity   Thu Jun 01 2017, 14:01

What about a putting beasts inside a Raider?
Back to top Go down
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Transport Capacity   Thu Jun 01 2017, 14:02

Do they have the infantry keyword?

CurstAlchemist
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Transport Capacity   Thu Jun 01 2017, 14:31

Beasts do not have the infantry keyword only the Beastmaster has it.

Also Splinter Racks seem to be gone, I guess we Dark Eldar had to many twinlinked weapons in our arsenal and they had to cut down the number. jocolor
Back to top Go down
Scrz
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Transport Capacity   Thu Jun 01 2017, 14:45

And they took away the iconic aether sail helped he raider be one of the fastest troop transports in the game. But hey, at least they made it up to us by for no apparent reason making the raider the slowest hover based vehicle out of all the aeldari factions skimmers.
Good thing the drukhari foregoes heavy armor plating on our transports since that would needlessly add 2" to our raiders movement stat.
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Transport Capacity   Thu Jun 01 2017, 14:55

Well it is actually one of the two slowest skimmers as it matches the speed of our ravagers, I'm sure they needed to be made weaker because... I'll get back to you with the explanation as soon as I can come up with one that actually makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Transport Capacity   Thu Jun 01 2017, 15:06

We still get to shoot everything out of our transports, so that is something to cheer for. It is better in cc, and a lot cheaper in points value than, say a wave serpent, meaning that an eldar player trying to save points will have to take less transports and footslog more, making more juicy targets for us.

Painjunky
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Transport Capacity   Thu Jun 01 2017, 18:03

I remember reece and frankie saying "DE will be really fast!".
"Really fast" as in the slowest eldar skimmers.

It makes no sense fluffwise either WTF:?:
Back to top Go down
Myrvn
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Transport Capacity   Thu Jun 01 2017, 18:13

From what I've heard several if the keywords and faction names won't matter now with the "Ravening Hordes" army lists. There are supposed to be 15 codicies that are coming out in the near future​ that will utilize the keywords more. It sounds like Chaos factions, faction specific stratagems, and other items will use them.

I'm guessing there will be a Ynnari Incubi subset coming out.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: Transport Capacity   Thu Jun 01 2017, 18:54

@CurstAlchemist wrote:
Beasts do not have the infantry keyword only the Beastmaster has it.

Also Splinter Racks seem to be gone, I guess we Dark Eldar had to many twinlinked weapons in our arsenal and they had to cut down the number. jocolor

What with all our twin-linked and template weapons, something clearly had to go.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Tounguekutter
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Transport Capacity   Thu Jun 01 2017, 18:58

I am praying, praying that the main rulebook will say something about Flying skimmers being able to make better advance moves otherwise our maximum move is 20" compared to our previous 30" (and that was without Enhanced Aethersails). I just don't get how anyone can be so dishonest and write "Blisteringly fast" knowing that we're actually 33% slower than before, and even slower than other vehicles which are supposed to be slower because of their heavier armor. There had better be one helluva dex upgrade in the very near future. Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Transport Capacity   Thu Jun 01 2017, 19:26

@Tounguekutter wrote:
I am praying, praying that the main rulebook will say something about Flying skimmers being able to make better advance moves otherwise our maximum move is 20" compared to our previous 30" (and that was without Enhanced Aethersails).  I just don't get how anyone can be so dishonest and write "Blisteringly fast" knowing that we're actually 33% slower than before, and even slower than other vehicles which are supposed to be slower because of their heavier armor.  There had better be one helluva dex upgrade in the very near future.  Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

The rulebook say no such thing I'm afraid. Also, do you really think we won't be right at the back of queue for a Dex? It's going to be more than a year, I'd put money on it.
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Transport Capacity   Thu Jun 01 2017, 20:51

@Hellstrom wrote:
@Tounguekutter wrote:
I am praying, praying that the main rulebook will say something about Flying skimmers being able to make better advance moves otherwise our maximum move is 20" compared to our previous 30" (and that was without Enhanced Aethersails).  I just don't get how anyone can be so dishonest and write "Blisteringly fast" knowing that we're actually 33% slower than before, and even slower than other vehicles which are supposed to be slower because of their heavier armor.  There had better be one helluva dex upgrade in the very near future.  Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

The rulebook say no such thing I'm afraid.  Also, do you really think we won't be right at the back of queue for a Dex?  It's going to be more than a year, I'd put money on it.

I wouldn't take that bet cause I'm in the same boat. Look how many armies don't have codexes for AoS yet, a game that came out 2 years ago. I have to play my High AELFS out of the General's Handbook's index if some bozo insists on playing matched play.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
Talos
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Transport Capacity   Fri Jun 02 2017, 00:04

About scurges and hellions in raiders
I had a look at the imperial rhino; it has a rule that forbids jump pack, terminator, primaris and centurions from taking a ride in it. The venom also forbids grotesques to be transported by it.
So Hellions and scourges in raiders are fine.

Still, the incubi or drukhari infantry does still not make sense to me. Does Incubi’s hate everyone now? Just drukhari infantry would be fine, or do they actually refuse to sheer a transport with non-incubi?
Back to top Go down
http://www.olasart.se
Scrz
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Transport Capacity   Fri Jun 02 2017, 06:31

@CurstAlchemist wrote:
Well it is actually one of the two slowest skimmers as it matches the speed of our ravagers, I'm sure they needed to be made weaker because... I'll get back to you with the explanation as soon as I can come up with one that actually makes sense.

Maybe the rationale is that since both those boats fire at full BS even if they move, the pilot has to take it a little bit easy on the throttle?

No wait, in that case the venom should have had the same move stat? Unless it only comes in to play if you have hull mounted HEAVY weapons, and the occupants does not count.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with the actual stat itself. As long as GW can make sense as to why it is logical that it has to be this way.
That and change the fluff to read "dark eldar Drukhari descend in raiders with blistering speed OKish speed to conduct incredibly fast medium fast raids in realspace.

All I ask for is a little honesty.

BTW: is the rule for firing arcs gone now? 360 no-scope time for venoms?
Back to top Go down
wormfromhell
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Transport Capacity   Fri Jun 02 2017, 07:30

@Tounguekutter wrote:

fingers crossed, but I've seen the whole rulebook on canhammer's channel, and there is nothing about our "blisteringly fast piratical war machines" that "sacrifice the heavy armour of other eldar skimmers" for slower speed and weaker weapons. what a trade off 10/10 would take again! GW we love you! woo! wooooo! hey can you hear me? hello? oh well. looks like we were forgotten again.

A day in the life of GW- The play

background info:
Gdubs is a big corporation. they are known for an optimistic player base with a few pessimistic douchebags. GW is currently re-writing the rules for a game.

employee 1(known to play eldar, tau and necrons, because he "likes the fluff") : ohh I've got an Idea for 8th!

employee 2: oh, what is it?

employee 1: lets unreasonably buff eldar! They should be super speedy (proceeds to make racer noises as he swooshes a wave serpent model around like the child that he is.)

employee 3 (recently demoted due to "applying too much logic and reasoning to the situation"): What about the dark eldar-

employee 1: ITS DREW CAREY

employee 3: ok, then. druwckkarrey. Maybe we should buff them?

employee 1: nah they're boring. boss says we should focus more on spess mehreens.

employee 3:oh ok. but can't we make them faster, like all of our background material says?

employee 1: we've given them a umm ahh umm.. WE GAVE THEM A 33% SPEED REDUCTION WITH NO OPTION TO TURBO BOOST! and we gave their fastest unit an 8 INCH move. thats enough. (continues to play with wave serpent, employee 2 starts going "pew pew pewewewew pew" with a primaris thingy, and starts to bash gulliman and the avatar together like action figures. "hahah! the imperium shall die!" "oh no, I will use my primaris POWERUP" "I play my WRAITHNIGHT!" "oh yeah, I've got an imperial KNIGHT!" "Ive got a -)

employee 3: guys?

employee 1: pew pew bash BAM!

employee 2: BOOM! I FIRE MY D CANNON! hey, when can we make a bigger gun to represent my energy plasma cyclonic fusion haywire cannon?

employee 1: good idea! lets call It a MORTAL WOUND! they kill whole units!

(they proceed to play)

employee 3: ok guys i give up (leaves the room, only to hear the employee 2 do the noise for the cannon. BABOOOMPEWEWEWEWEWEWBAMBAMBOOM!)

Think I went a bit overboard, might make a seperate thread for more of these.
Back to top Go down
Hellstrom
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Transport Capacity   Fri Jun 02 2017, 11:31

I don't think you went overboard. I truly believe that is EXCATLY how it happened after reading all the Indexes.
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Transport Capacity   Fri Jun 02 2017, 11:47

That sounds about right to me wormfromhell.
Back to top Go down
SERAFF
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Transport Capacity   Fri Jun 02 2017, 11:55

And now the question: Can hellions or scourges shoot as normal if their raider falls back?

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Transport Capacity   Fri Jun 02 2017, 11:57

Does anyone know if Drazhar has the Drukhari keyword? perhaps that's the reason for the odd wording on the raider. Or maybe the Red dude from the lesser eldar has the incubi keyword?

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Transport Capacity   Fri Jun 02 2017, 12:04

@Seshiru wrote:
Does anyone know if Drazhar has the Drukhari keyword? perhaps that's the reason for the odd wording on the raider. Or maybe the Red dude from the lesser eldar has the incubi keyword?

Drazhar is Drukhari
Visarch is not incubi

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Transport Capacity   Fri Jun 02 2017, 14:15

What's this about 20" movement? I thought vehicles advanced in the same manner as everyone else. So that means we have an average of 15.5" of maximum move, or a 49% decrease from before.

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Transport Capacity   Fri Jun 02 2017, 14:15

@SERAFF wrote:
And now the question: Can hellions or scourges shoot as normal if their raider falls back?

LOL what a mess. The FAQ for this edition is going to be as long as the old BRB.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Transport Capacity   Fri Jun 02 2017, 14:23

They can´t shoot if the raider falls back. It says so in the rules for the raider.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transport Capacity   

Back to top Go down

Transport Capacity
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: