HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

For Mankind!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
E_50_Panzer
Slave

PostSubject: For Mankind!   Thu May 18 2017, 06:44

I am a die-hard loyalist, but the recent drop in quality of the Heresy series and certain new releases had pushed me over the edge. It's time to join the dark kin. To that end I have a small starter force coming along, but I have no idea what to build to with 8th edition coming soon. I hope I can share the evolution of my force from start collecting to 2k points of death, and I also hope I'll show off some decently painted models...

Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Klaivex

PostSubject: Re: For Mankind!   Thu May 18 2017, 08:30

Welcome to the dark city!
Enjoy your stay

*sharpens the knife*

What happened to the novels?

The Dark Eldar Codex sucks. You probably won just because your enemy loaded his dice to loose. Never forget this mantra and spread the word. Mention it in every discussion possible, people can´t get enough of that valuable information and need to be reminded regularely.
+++++END OF TRANSMISSION+++++
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: For Mankind!   Thu May 18 2017, 08:58

Welcome to The Dark City. Personally I'd hold off on buying any new models until we know what sort of shape we'll be in in the new edition.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
|Meavar
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: For Mankind!   Thu May 18 2017, 10:33

We will still be in a spiky shape next edition, that will never change.
The only real question is our our spikes inside our armour for those delicious masochism actions or are they on our guns so we can actually destroy our enemies.

We are one of the few factions who have a bunch of old plastic models that are done so well that I hope they don't change the shape to much. Unless you are a die hard tournament player a basic box of a unit you really like the looks of should be ok. But yeah for more I would also suggest you wait for the new edition to see what works.
Back to top Go down
E_50_Panzer
Slave

PostSubject: Re: For Mankind!   Thu May 18 2017, 15:40

Greetings, and yes, I will wait til 8th drops before I get a list going. I definitely agree on DE having amazing models, and they're deceptively simple to paint too.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Klaivex

PostSubject: Re: For Mankind!   Thu May 18 2017, 16:10

Simple to paint? Not if done right.

Marines are simple to paint Wink

The Dark Eldar Codex sucks. You probably won just because your enemy loaded his dice to loose. Never forget this mantra and spread the word. Mention it in every discussion possible, people can´t get enough of that valuable information and need to be reminded regularely.
+++++END OF TRANSMISSION+++++
Back to top Go down
E_50_Panzer
Slave

PostSubject: Re: For Mankind!   Thu May 18 2017, 16:35

You're probably right, I'm just excited for the prospect of painting something new after two years of non stop 30k marines...
Back to top Go down
|Meavar
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: For Mankind!   Fri May 19 2017, 08:01

My experience is that dark eldar models can be easy to paint, they have quite a lot of details that stick out, but also because of that and because of their bladed nature they can be painted extremely easy and still look really good on the tabletop. I know I am a horrible painter, I greatly prefer playing. But my dark eldar still look quite nice because even with a few basic colours and techniques they look great. Things like orks and necrons are in my mind much harder to paint with a low standard and still look as good.
Back to top Go down
E_50_Panzer
Slave

PostSubject: Re: For Mankind!   Fri May 19 2017, 08:08

I've found that successively lighter drybrushes and a wash over a dark basecoat can be very effective very fast. Even if you paint quite gaudily with your drybrushing, the wash should blend it back down a bit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For Mankind!   

Back to top Go down

For Mankind!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

HIGH COMMORRAGH

:: Port Of Lost Souls
-