Hen Tai, the tentacle guy
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Drukhari   Wed May 17 2017, 16:03

I'm liking this!

RedRegicide
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Drukhari   Wed May 17 2017, 16:04

I'm very excited! We get to keep poison to an extent,
Flickerfields for raiders (intead that correctly right?)
Dark lance seems potent, but dissidents have a nice way of reducing variation
Incubi are good!
And wyches have a tactical point in an army now! Now my shadow war squad will be worth something

Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Drukhari   Wed May 17 2017, 16:07

Idk. I like he talks up the incubi having the same abilities as now (only slightly worse because terminators will now still get an armour save against them).

Wyches get a flat roll off. Another wasted chance to incorporate movement, and with the potential to do (drum roll) absolutely nothing! Woo.

Vastly improved? Maybe, good?... Maybe?

That being my focus on the negative. Poison works on vehicles is nice of course.

Last edited by The Red King on Wed May 17 2017, 16:08; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Drukhari   Wed May 17 2017, 16:08

Dodge save still only in the Fight sub-phase...

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Arani
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Drukhari   Wed May 17 2017, 16:11

But how fast is fast?

It doesn't look all too bad, and the changes to dissies and dark Lance's look pretty good when compared to what else we've seen (such as lascannon). I'm surprised they just gave DL's a -4 rend instead of something else to reflect the current lance USR, but I'll take it.

That 5+ invulnerable save I think will also go a long way. Buy honestly we'll just have to wait and see.

Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Drukhari   Wed May 17 2017, 16:15

True, but while I doubt wyches will be a mainstray combat unit, the rule does give them a nice function even if it is a roll of it does help with one of our glaring weaeknesses as a glas cannon who likes to be in combat. I forsee quite some casual matches hanging on the one dice roll if all the units can get out of combat or not in that critical phase of the game.
And who knows maybe overwatch now goes in the fighting phase, (can't stop me from dreaming yet)?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Drukhari   Wed May 17 2017, 16:19

Overall the information provided is sketchy and we won't know the full impact until we see the full rules, both of the game and the faction. What I've seen so far doesn't inspire me greatly but I'll wait and see.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
RedRegicide
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Drukhari   Wed May 17 2017, 16:21

We get a re roll using the strategem so if we need them stuck we can use it.

We are the only team that has so far been shown to be able to tarpit tau. I think that's a BIG deal.

Wyches can now offer a useful assault troop option to back up grots and reavers

Also... no mention of mandrakes. I'll buy 20 if they make those guys good.

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Drukhari   Wed May 17 2017, 16:23

Maybe I'm being overly negative, but I feel like the other faction focus articles were "here are how your good units got better" amd then ours is "heres how your bad units stayed the same, but thats good... We promise..."
Back to top Go down
Hen Tai, the tentacle guy
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Drukhari   Wed May 17 2017, 16:25

Covens didn't get retconned. Thats great!

Imateria
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Drukhari   Wed May 17 2017, 16:33

I can see Wyches being good for pinning down enemy units whilst our Incubi, Grotesques and Talos wail on them, and I wouldn't be surprised if Lelith and Succububi give a bonus to that roll off.

Ravagers just got a pretty massive boost, 5++ and the ability to move and shoot all weapons at full BS with Dark Lances and Disintegrators both being able to put out up to 18 wounds is pretty impressive.
Back to top Go down
Imateria
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Drukhari   Wed May 17 2017, 16:33

@Hen Tai, the tentacle guy wrote:
Covens didn't get retconned. Thats great!
Why would they have been?
Back to top Go down
Skulnbonz
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Drukhari   Wed May 17 2017, 16:36

The Bad:
Wyches still suck. Sure, they can tarpit in combat, but wont MAKE combat as the 4++ is in the fight phase, same as now, so we are taking overwatch with our 6+ (all things staying the same of course)

Incubi- was hoping for more after reading striking scorpions "mortal wounds". So nothing here to get excited about.

5++ vehicles ONLY against shooting. Not sure if you guys caught that. that is worse than our flickerfields right now. Also, with assault from depstrike a thing, our vehicles needed the 5++ for all phases

The good:
5++ save versus shooting

Poison effects vehicles

We are fast. Wish I knew a number but from the hype I am assuming 18"

we can move and shoot with no penalty.

the MEH-

pistols can shoot in combat out of an open topped vehicle. For us, that would mean Wyches. Meh

Just my .02

Seshiru
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Drukhari   Wed May 17 2017, 16:38

Curious if the fight phase now includes overwatch or not.
They mentioned how wyches do more damage now but didn't really explain that, so hopefully it's better than their current str 3 with 1 attack each.

quote: "You can even fire Pistol weapons out of the vehicle when it is engaged in close combat!"
I find this interesting, it really only applies to wyches

I expect grots won't be nearly as good in 8th as they were in 7th, but I can hope.

The real question is on what our movement will be like.
I really wish they had previewed at least one datasheet.....

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Drukhari   Wed May 17 2017, 16:38

I was a bit worried that they would be folded in to a standard dark eldar faction in an effort to simplify the game.

Arani
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Drukhari   Wed May 17 2017, 16:40

A lot of what they announced we can already do..

I mean dark Lance's and dissies have always been great (albeit DL's a lot less in 7ed imo). Wyches have always been able to tie stuff up in combat pretty well, unless they had hit and run.

I want to be enthusiastic, but honestly the more I look and think about it, they didn't give us anything game changing or new.

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Drukhari   Wed May 17 2017, 16:41

@Skulnbonz wrote:
The Bad:
5++ vehicles ONLY against shooting. Not sure if you guys caught that. that is worse than our flickerfields right now.  Also, with assault from depstrike a thing, our vehicles needed the 5++ for all phases

To be fair they were only talking about raiders for that 5++, which currently don't have flickerfields.

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Drukhari   Wed May 17 2017, 16:44

Curiously and important for all armies, not just ours: Non-walker vehicles can be engaged in close combat like all other models, which affects the shooting of that vehicle's passengers and presumably the vehicle itself. Gunboats beware.

Managing a multi-assault with wyches AND managing to keep them alive (Charge vehicles) significantly increases the chances for the wyches to remain in melee after the enemy tries to fall back. Sadly, I don't see that happening more than once in a blue moon since overwatch still tears them to shreds.

The Incubi are unchanged, except the Klaivex got a nerf - I'd much rather have Rampage than dealing 3 damage on a wound roll of 6. Against most targets that's just two wasted wounds.

This is certainly the most "the status quo rules, doesn't it?" Faction Focus to date - and we recently saw the Tau one promising that suit spam remains great.
Back to top Go down
Razorfate
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Drukhari   Wed May 17 2017, 16:47

Think about the dark eldar rules with the general rules in mind. Yes overwatch will probably kill 1-2 wyches but we will not have to renıve the models nearest to the shooting unit so out charge range will not be effected. Also we will not turn tails and run for getting a casualty from overwatch.
I really liked the ravager rules. And with Frankie having tested and liked the true kin in 8th edition i an confident that we will be at least competitive.
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Drukhari   Wed May 17 2017, 16:50

Wait so Wyches will still get pistols in the face while engaged in melee (during the shooting phase) with only a 6+ if no Ap modifier? How are they better this edition when they can't survive?
Back to top Go down
Britishgrotesque
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Drukhari   Wed May 17 2017, 16:52

The problem is, they haven't told us the full rules for anyone, just that wyches are tarpits, incubi can deal damage still, and our vehicles may not be as fragile + can shoot and move without any penalties.

Seems like our faction focus has told us the least.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Drukhari   Wed May 17 2017, 16:56

@Razorfate wrote:
Think about the dark eldar rules with the general rules in mind. Yes overwatch will probably kill 1-2 wyches but we will not have to renıve the models nearest to the shooting unit so out charge range will not be effected.

True

Quote :
Also we will not turn tails and run for getting a casualty from overwatch

We never did as Overwatch doesn't cause Morale checks

Quote :
I really liked the ravager rules. And with Frankie having tested and liked the true kin in 8th edition i an confident that we will be at least competitive.

Go check the Frontline Gaming website. They've posted all these articles on there and Reece and Frankie have commented on most of them. I've yet to see them a) reveal any information (understandably) or b) say that any unit isn't going to be great in 8e. Now, much as I'd like to think that GW have somehow managed to balance 99% of the units in 40K so that they are indeed great, or at least viable, I remain pessimistic that they have actually achieved that goal!

Back to top Go down
JonTheArchon
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Drukhari   Wed May 17 2017, 16:57

I've been so anxious about Dark Eldar because in all the updates we haven't even been mentioned, and when we get our Faction Focus they don't tell us anything useful. Grumble Grumble, Salt Salt.

Okay now that that is said, I wonder how some of the few characters we have will end up. I'm happy they at least mentioned Drahzar, maybe he will be useful, and as someone said above there is a good chance that Lelith will buff the wyxhes.
Back to top Go down
Izendazar
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Drukhari   Wed May 17 2017, 17:02

Am I reading it wrong or do venoms now get Dark lance and Disintegrator cannons?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Drukhari   

Back to top Go down

8e - Drukhari
Page 1 of 17Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: News & Rumours
-
Jump to: