HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

List help

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gudlawd
Slave

PostSubject: List help   Mon Apr 24 2017, 08:17

I need help making a list with the units i have. New to dark eldar but experienced with 40k. I have an archon, 20 kabalites, a raider, a venom, 9 reavers, and 15 hellions (aka the powerhouse of any de lost -_-). I played a750 pt game vs tau and got lit up which was expected with the learning curve. Primarily playing against tau (non-mech), orks, and space wolves
Back to top Go down
Maraxus
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: List help   Mon Apr 24 2017, 10:01

Quick list with what you've got, 750 pts:

HQ - 135 pts
Archon, Blaster, Webway Portal, Archangel of Pain 135 pts

Elite - 170 pts
5 Trueborn, 4 Blaster, Raider 170 pts

Troops - 225 pts
5 Kabalites, Blaster, Venom with dual Splinter Cannon 120 pts

10 Kabalites, Dark Lance 100 pts

Fast Attack - 219 pts
3 Reavers, Cluster Caltrops, Heatlance 73 pts

Total pts so far: 749 pts

Now, obviously since you have a limited selection, the army is going to be sub-optimal. Kabalite Warriors should never be footslogged, Archangel of pain is useless against space marine variants (and fearless units), and your Trueborn will be represented by Kabalite Warriors count-as (mark them visibly somehow, for example paintspot on base).

You will have to play smart - Trueborn should be deployed in deepstrike reserve with archon, 10man squad with lance camp in ruins near objective and take shots at AV, Venom-squad hides behind some line of sight blocking terrain turn 1, and reavers will have to rush into combat with units they can defeat without losing too much, but will not defeat the moment they rush in (hard to find the balance - in doubt, opt for killing the enemy unit then rushing into cover)

Dark Eldar as a whole are definitely not beginner friendly. if you want to make it easier on yourself, get the Haemonculus Covens supplement and stock up on talos kits, and some monster-kits from age of sigmar you can use to convert into grotesques (Storm-fiends, Crypt Flayers and River Trolls make for excellent candidates). E.G. 2 Talos Kits (1 talos 1 cronos), an additional 6 converted Grotesques (like 1 Stormfiend kit, 1 Cryptflayer kit), and 2 Haemonculus makes for 1 Dark Artisan Formation (Talos/Cronos/Haemonculus) and 1 Grotesquerie Formation (3Grotesques/3Grotesques/Haemonculus).
Haemonculus Covens basically give you more resilient units, and will forgive more mistakes you make.

/edited to correct point costs

Last edited by Maraxus on Mon Apr 24 2017, 20:32; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gudlawd
Slave

PostSubject: Re: List help   Mon Apr 24 2017, 15:35

Pretty close to the list i built. Thanks a ton for the input
Back to top Go down

List help
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum