Share | 

8th Edition announced

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rhivan
Sybarite

PostSubject: 8th Edition announced   Sat Apr 22 2017, 18:31

Youtube Link (Just a bunch of talking)

Announcement Article: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/04/22/breaking-newsgw-homepage-post-1/

Questions Link: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/04/22/the-new-edition-of-warhammer-40000-your-questions-answered/

New 40k Website: https://warhammer40000.com/

EDIT: Sorry I put this in the wrong section Sad
Back to top Go down
BlackDeathstill
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 8th Edition announced   Mon Apr 24 2017, 05:29

Yay, well not so much yet. The reading let's me believe we're about to get AoS-ized, hope I'm wrong but.....we shall see.

Wych

PostSubject: Re: 8th Edition announced   Mon Apr 24 2017, 05:54

It's coming, it's coming, it's coming.

Let me lay it on the line, 8th has 3 on the vine.

I mean 3 ways to play it.

So divine.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
Britishgrotesque
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 8th Edition announced   Mon Apr 24 2017, 16:05

Being a new 40k player (2 months in) I don't have the dread a lot of vets do.

So far all the changes they have said feels like a welcome refresh to make the rules more flexible, faster, and more easily balanced.

Dark eldar aren't being cut, which is what scared me. Plus I'm really looking forward to what they do with the mandrake king (and all his shadow world things he brought)
Back to top Go down
Tounguekutter
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 8th Edition announced   Thu Apr 27 2017, 08:45

I honestly believe given the information that we have that 8th is going to be a significant improvement from 7th. I wouldn't even rule out that it becomes regarded as the overall best edition ever. Seriously.

I am very excited by the new 8th edition and what it will bring for Dark Eldar.  I have a hard time believing it will be overall worse than our situation as of 7th.  I am always happy to talk wishlisting and fandexes in any edition from 4-on.  I have written multiple fan codexes (3 and a "mini-fandex" which was totally ridiculous), the latest of which (for 7th edition) can be found here.
Back to top Go down
wormfromhell
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 8th Edition announced   Thu Apr 27 2017, 09:15

@Tounguekutter wrote:
I honestly believe given the information that we have that 8th is going to be a significant improvement from 7th.  I wouldn't even rule out that it becomes regarded as the overall best edition ever.  Seriously.

keep in mind all of that information traces back to the people who are making/made it.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: 8th Edition announced   Thu Apr 27 2017, 09:16

I'm reserving judgement until I've seen all the rules but at the moment I'm a little nervous about it.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 8th Edition announced   Thu Apr 27 2017, 12:03

Literally the only thing keeping me from wanting to go back to 1st or 2nd edition is the fact that there were no Dark Eldar then. Those rules certainly had their flaws, but playing with a version of them again with Shadow War really reminded me of how much better they were than the editions that followed.

With 8th edition, I'm starting to think I should just stop paying attention to it until the new game is actually out, because I don't want to form an opinion about it until I can see the complete rules and try it. As it stands, despite some changes that I like, I'm feeling increasingly pessimistic about it as more details emerge.

At least, if 8th ed turns out to be a game i don't want to play, I'll still have Shadow War.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 8th Edition announced   

Back to top Go down

8th Edition announced
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

:: Dark Eldar Discussion
-
Jump to: