HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Comp what is it?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
zergavas
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Comp what is it?   Thu Apr 20 2017, 13:56

I have always assumed comp stood for competative, but i resently just discoverd is not that simple. Could anyone explane the Community comp system for me?

Our skimmers are armored with wet cardboard, our men are wrapped in tissue paper armor and most of our ICs and special characters live in abject terror at the thought of a Str 6 weapon that can insta-kill them, We are the Dark Eldar Fear us!
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: Comp what is it?   Thu Apr 20 2017, 14:39

The term 'comp' is used in several different ways but in the context of your question I think it's referring to any system that seeks to alter or limit your army composition. For example, if a tournament decides that Eldar Windriders were limited to 1 heavy weapon per 3 models that would deemed to be a comp tournament.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
zergavas
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Comp what is it?   Thu Apr 20 2017, 14:49

I was referring to the Community comp http://www.communitycomp.org/

Our skimmers are armored with wet cardboard, our men are wrapped in tissue paper armor and most of our ICs and special characters live in abject terror at the thought of a Str 6 weapon that can insta-kill them, We are the Dark Eldar Fear us!
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: Comp what is it?   Thu Apr 20 2017, 14:55

Well in that case I'd refer you to their own "About" section: http://www.communitycomp.org/#about

Quote :
Community Comp is designed to provide a grading system for armies so that Tournament organisers can escape the toils of devising their own comp system and to remove the guessing game of playing in a comp tournament. With all the scoring out in the open, players build their own comp score so they are never surprised by a bad score and never end up bringing an army that is far softer than other armies at the event.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex

PostSubject: Re: Comp what is it?   Thu Apr 20 2017, 18:57

It's an Australian built system - I was fairly active as part of the committee for the last couple of years.

The sad part is, people locally got sick of being told they could not take things they had built and painted so more and more events are using ITC - including the ones I run.

It succeeded for a while but it's fallen behind with just a handful of people left trying to keep it going.

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Comp what is it?   Thu Apr 20 2017, 20:00

I've found it to be overly restrictive when I did some research into it in the past. With GW releasing new books and resources weekly/monthly, having highly restrictive rules has a tendency to get outdated and sound draconian very quickly. In my opinion, that is the biggest problem with highly restrictive comp systems like that one.

The ITC suffers from the same problem to a lesser degree, but they at least revisit rulings fairly regularly, and their people don't seem completely opposed to change(as other, smaller organizations seem to be) when new things have been released.

Comp what is it?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: