HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Ynnari without the Craftworlds

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JonTheArchon
Hellion

PostSubject: Ynnari without the Craftworlds   Thu Apr 13 2017, 19:01

I'm interested in trying a Reborn Warhost using only DE, Harlis, amd the Triumvirate, but i'm realizing that it will be extremely difficult to build a list that wont be too squishy but can still utilize the soulbursts to its fullest extent. Does anyone have any tips or nice combinations that could be thrown in?
Back to top Go down
Logan Frost
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari without the Craftworlds   Thu Apr 13 2017, 20:10

Last week I played with a warhost consisting of basically the triumvirate, kabalites in venom, reavers, 2 shadowseers, 10 dire avengers in the formation with incubi and a farseer.
The farseer didn't do much, mainly due to my inexperience with him, and the dire avengers could easily be more kabalites for what they did.
I played like I'd normally play DE, but with the kabalites out of the venoms.
Yvraine rocked with her wyches and a shadowseer. The visarch died like the incubus he is, the Yncarne is quite the distraction carnifex.
All in all the list works with the intrinsic eldar squishiness.
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari without the Craftworlds   Thu Apr 13 2017, 20:10

-Reaver spam should work fine.
-Medusae drop are interesting, considering you get a free shooting when your transport is destroyed.
-6-8 incubi, instead of the classic 3-4, to maximise the killing, then soulburst to be safe in CC when your opponent will shoot.
-Sslyth drop. Use a Raider with splinter rack, 10 Sslyths. 30 twin-link splinter shot. When your raider is shot down, free charge.
-Russian charge: barefoot mass 5-kabalites with blaster. Run for 1-2 turns and use dying units to run further, and get in position. Add some 1-man beastmaster here and there to add some soulburst. (My favorite).
Back to top Go down
Logan Frost
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari without the Craftworlds   Thu Apr 13 2017, 20:19

6 reavers with HL blew a landraider, double tap with shooting and charged.
My medusae died to flamers, but on paper they should work.
Back to top Go down
JonTheArchon
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari without the Craftworlds   Fri Apr 14 2017, 00:42

The Russian Charge sounds like it would be a lot of fun to try, not sure how effective it would really be, but I would be willing to give it a try. My biggest thing with ynnari is that I know vehicles are useful for getting in quickly but the risk of them being blown up, and the fact that I'm not sure how useful they would really be besides transport. Another point would be that after I get out of transports if the vehicles don't pose a big enough threat, what stops my opponent from just killing the ground troops, stopping some of the possible soulbursts?
Back to top Go down
Logan Frost
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari without the Craftworlds   Fri Apr 14 2017, 00:49

I'd say, out of a troop of 5 warriors with one blaster and a venom, the venom is the biggest threat, unless they can shoot twice.
You force your opponent to try to kill the warriors leaving the venom alive to shoot his stuff or kill the venom and double the threat of the warriors..
Back to top Go down
JonTheArchon
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari without the Craftworlds   Fri Apr 14 2017, 00:52

I suppose that's true, I think I just need to play with the Ynnari more, I don't get to play a whole lot of games so it's kind of difficult to get a good feel for how things are working rather than judging off just the one game.
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari without the Craftworlds   Fri Apr 14 2017, 00:58

Quote :
I'm interested in trying a Reborn Warhost using only DE, Harlis, amd the Triumvirate

I guess... run a parking lot with lots and lots of small squads and use your LoW as a battering ram that gets extra moves from soulbursts. Bring Reavers and Skyweavers cause they're pretty okay I guess. Put Shock Prows on all the Raiders.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
JonTheArchon
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari without the Craftworlds   Fri Apr 14 2017, 01:02

The reasons are multiple, I only play with friends and it never gets very competitive, I don't have any craftworld models although i have plenty of DE some Harlis, and just bought the Triumvirate because I liked the models. My last reason is that I really don't care for the Craftworld fluff, although I wouldn't let that stop me from playing them if I had them.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari without the Craftworlds   Fri Apr 14 2017, 02:48

As usual, I'd go a different direction than TeenageAngst. Vehicles in general don't fare very well in ynnari lists.

Deep striking blaster trueborn squads have traditionally been viewed as too expensive due to their squishiness after their initial volley of shots, normally ending with them only getting to shoot once. However, with the soulburst rules and good target selection, you can virtually guarantee that they get to shoot twice. If you also pair them with an archon with WWP, Blaster, Agonizer, and shadowfield(letting the archon tank hits for the unit), they can potentially stick around for significantly longer, and even get an extra volley of shots in the enemy turn when their archon dies.

With craftworld options available, I don't consider this optimal usage, but if you're shooting for "no craftworld" ynnari lists, it at least won't suck.

The agonizer on the archon is optional, but there to discourage opponents from walking all over them in melee to negate their more powerful shooting. I wouldn't tend to assault them into things, except as a defensive maneuver against a unit they're likely to kill without heavy casualties.

Disclaimer: Trueborn aren't listed in the "elite" army choice options for Ynnari, because trueborn are just upgrades to warriors, that then CHANGES their slot to elites. They ARE allowed to be taken though, and then take elite slots instead of troops.
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari without the Craftworlds   Fri Apr 14 2017, 05:47

I completely agree with betray, except fleshbane relic sword instead of agonizer.

If your problem is entirely fluff based why not simply use the rules and convert highly DE versions of craftworld assets? I'm not talking scatbikes and warp spiders, I'm talking about things that actually make the DE portion of your army better, such as taking a jetbike Autarch wiith a banshee mask, laser lance, power axe and song of Ynnead to both ensure that your deep striking units arrive properly, and to provide what is essentially value multiplication for a unit of reavers or skyweavers.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari without the Craftworlds   Fri Apr 14 2017, 05:59

Sure, relic sword is fine. I was sort of referring to running more than 1 unit set up that way, so not enough relic swords for everyone, though.

I second the idea of DE converted versions of eldar units, though. It's pretty common in the competitive scene. I played against an all-ork war convocation(skitaari) with an ork version of Saint Celestine at Adepticon.
Back to top Go down
JonTheArchon
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari without the Craftworlds   Fri Apr 14 2017, 13:17

I definitely like the idea of converted Eldar, I hadn't really considered that. I know Craftworld would make the list a lot better so that will be something i definitely look into.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari without the Craftworlds   Sat Apr 15 2017, 01:56

I'm pretty sure a few people on here have some examples of things like corrupted wraithguard and the like. I seem to recall someone who made some that looked pretty damn cool in the art section.
Back to top Go down
JonTheArchon
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari without the Craftworlds   Sat Apr 15 2017, 02:19

Thanks, I'll take a look around there for some ideas.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari without the Craftworlds   

Back to top Go down

Ynnari without the Craftworlds
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Drukhari Tactics
-
Jump to: