AuthorMessage
asdrubael Vect124
Hellion

PostSubject: 1500 Ynarii    Sat Apr 08 2017, 11:40

Ynarii Reborn Warhost

HQ:

Farseer w/ Spirit Stone of Anath'lan, and Singing Spear 120pts

Troop:

Kabalite squad 9x Splinter Rifles 1x splinter cannon w/ a Raider transport having DL and splinter racks 170pts

Wych squad w/ raider Transport with night shields and disintegrator cannon 170pts

Heavy Support:

Ravager w/ 2 DL and 1 Disintegrator cannon 120pts

LOW:

WraithKnight w/ GhostGlaive and scatter shield 295

Formation:

Triumvirate of the Ynnead 625pts

total: 1500

would you be able to give me any assistance on this list?

any comments or things you liked?

the strategy is pretty amusing considering what i'm working with.

i have my farseer with the Visarch and Yvraine in a unit by themselves somewhere in cover on my side. with the WraithKnight standing just on the 12" deployment line (IF i'm going first) i'd move my WK up and then with the Word of the pheonix i'd force my WK to soulburst up for his additional movement and go for a first turn charge.

the Kabalites would set up for a gunline within a building, or on an objective or if the army is a particularly squishy army it does hit and run.

the wyches are cannon-fodder if my formation loses wounds, otherwise they are very good for pouring wounds onto terminator squads.

the Ravager is used primarily for the point defense, because of its 2 dark lances, it can hit most of the field and snipe MEQ or vehicle targets.

so any help fixing either my tactics or my army list would be greatly appreciated
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Ynarii    Sat Apr 08 2017, 13:24

I have only played a few games with the Ynnari but I have a few thoughts...

@asdrubael Vect124 wrote:

HQ:

Farseer w/ Spirit Stone of Anath'lan, and Singing Spear 120pts

Farseers should always be on bikes. Always. The T4 they gain this way is a huge benefit to keep them alive from ID attacks

Troop:

Kabalite squad 9x Splinter Rifles 1x splinter cannon w/ a Raider transport having DL and splinter racks 170pts

Wych squad w/ raider Transport with night shields and disintegrator cannon 170pts

Here is the weakest part of your list. Ynnari benefit from boots on the ground (be that bikes, beasts or infantry/jump/jet). Running MSU for your troops is far more beneficial - even with Venoms.

Heavy Support:

Ravager w/ 2 DL and 1 Disintegrator cannon 120pts

Go all or nothing on the weapons - no point mixing them IMO

LOW:

WraithKnight w/ GhostGlaive and scatter shield 295

Hand him the pair of scatter lasers. This gives you great flexibility in what you engage and charge

Formation:

Triumvirate of the Ynnead 625pts

I don't like the triumvirate at 1500 - its just so many points. You can easily drop the Yncarne and Visarch, add Yvraine as a second HQ and save 400+ points.

With those points, Reaver jet bikes, scatbikes, scourges, beast packs are all viable choices for the ynnari

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
fisheyes
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Ynarii    Sat Apr 08 2017, 15:13

@Massaen has hit the nail on the head.

Troops are far too expensive. For the same cost you can get 3 warrior/venom squads who can put out more dakka, grab more objectives, and give you more opertunities to Soulburst.

Dont mix and match weapons, especially on a Ravager. In a Ynnari formation, you are better off swapping out the Ravager for some Scourges or Reavers. All of them can do Anti-Tank, but the Scourge/Reavers benefit from Soulburst.

Triumvirate is super pricy, and doesnt really combo well. You want boots on the ground for Soulburst, max out those Fast Attack slots, even if its 3 man packs of Khamare (but scourge/reavers are simply better in every way).
Back to top Go down
asdrubael Vect124
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Ynarii    Sat Apr 08 2017, 15:27

i Thank you for your assistance guys, i don't know where i could drop another 5 points for a DL, but in regards to the rest of the thoughts there isn't much i can do lol, i don't have any venoms and my LGS doesn't supply them and GW won't ship to me Sad cry cry
Back to top Go down
Rhameil
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Ynarii    Sun Apr 09 2017, 09:31

Look on eBay. You'll usually find things cheaper than GW. There are also multiple online retailers, which again are generally cheaper then GW. It is generally better to buy in bulk from them as you'll save on postage.
Back to top Go down

1500 Ynarii
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: