Share | 

More 8th ed 40k rumours/leaks

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
mrmagoo
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: More 8th ed 40k rumours/leaks   Mon Apr 10 2017, 21:30

And you could have a Chaos lord that would run across the board 32 inches in 1 turn and take on an entire army by himself.

I am hoping this is a new system and not a copy of 3rd.
Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych

PostSubject: Re: More 8th ed 40k rumours/leaks   Tue Apr 11 2017, 06:50

@Massaen wrote:

This whole circus of people claiming they are Age of Sigmaring 40k is just utter nonsense... 40k did all of this first!

Hey now, no need to slander circus.

HokutoAndy
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: More 8th ed 40k rumours/leaks   Tue Apr 11 2017, 08:31

@Mikoneo wrote:
If templates are going I think it would be nice to see weapons that used them work off an "X+D6". Would help to prevent things such problems as the supposedly powerful bomb weapons from rolling badly and generating a single wound in a blob of models

How would you feel about 2d6 or a reroll? I think that's what weapons who have extra good "wall of death" rolls do.

Vehicle wounds is good, but I've heard "Rhinos with 10 wounds" which would be super annoying to track.
The 3rd edition Wraithlord being t8 w3 compared to a 12/12/10 dread is a solid benchmark for how to convert vehicles into monsters.

I wonder how they'll handle facing, trying to rear door a leman russ is a tactical element that shouldn't be discarded in the 'streamlining' process. Variable armor save based on facing is something I'd be happy with.
Back to top Go down
BizarreShowbiz
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: More 8th ed 40k rumours/leaks   Wed Apr 12 2017, 12:16

You know Im normally optimistic about changes but all that has been released so far seems like a big step backwards to me. I hope I'm wrong.

mrmagoo
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: More 8th ed 40k rumours/leaks   Wed Apr 12 2017, 13:43

@HokutoAndy wrote:
@Mikoneo wrote:
If templates are going I think it would be nice to see weapons that used them work off an "X+D6". Would help to prevent things such problems as the supposedly powerful bomb weapons from rolling badly and generating a single wound in a blob of models

How would you feel about 2d6 or a reroll? I think that's what weapons who have extra good "wall of death" rolls do.

Vehicle wounds is good, but I've heard "Rhinos with 10 wounds" which would be super annoying to track.
The 3rd edition Wraithlord being t8 w3 compared to a 12/12/10 dread is a solid benchmark for how to convert vehicles into monsters.

I wonder how they'll handle facing, trying to rear door a leman russ is a tactical element that shouldn't be discarded in the 'streamlining' process. Variable armor save based on facing is something I'd be happy with.

I have also heard the Land Raider is going to get 10 Wounds, Rhino would only get like 5. These rumors at this point are just that, Rumors, you cant trust %90 of them. For me if they aren't posted on GW site or Gamesworkshop-community site then they have very little credibility. There is no sense in making a big deal about rumors that may/maynot be true.

Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: More 8th ed 40k rumours/leaks   Thu Apr 13 2017, 17:25

A lot of your more frequent rumor mongers have reliability ratings between 33-50%, so salt is definitely a good reaction.
Back to top Go down
Dankus
Slave

PostSubject: Re: More 8th ed 40k rumours/leaks   Sat Apr 15 2017, 13:26

@Archon_91 wrote:
We should all know by now that the "codecies becoming obsolete" is another way for GW to say "alright we are wiping the power balance slate clean instead of trying to balance codex by codex and will start over and release "war scroll like" books which are in all but name a codex ... This allows them to say they have listened to the players complaints about who is over and under powered and decided the safest and easiest route is to start over instead of tackling it on a slow and case by case basis

This seems rather rational to me, and it is in my opinion a good way to go.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More 8th ed 40k rumours/leaks   

Back to top Go down

More 8th ed 40k rumours/leaks
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

:: News & Rumours
-