HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

1850 with the models on hand

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JonTheArchon
Hellion

PostSubject: 1850 with the models on hand   Wed Apr 05 2017, 02:47

Im looking to run an 1850 point army with the models I have on hand, I know it won't be competitive, but I was hoping to get some feedback on ways to make it better.

Cad
HQ- Succubus w/ Archite glaive and Armour of misery (she will be with a unit of grots)

Elites-
5 Trueborn, 3 w/blasters 2 w/ splinter cannons. Venom transport w/2 splintercannons

Troops-
4 units of kabalite warriors, 6 warriors in each with a raider transport w/ Night shields and splinter racks

Fast attack-
10 Hellions and 1 Helliarch w/stunclaw

9 Reavers 3 w/blaster and 3 w/ cluster caltrops

5 Scourges 1w/shardcarbine 4 w/shredders

Heavy Support-
1 Talos with TL Splinter Cannon and ichor injector

Additional Formation

Grotesquerie
8 Grots

Haemonculus w/scissor hand, Panacea Pertveted, and nightmare doll

Models I have that arent being used are 15 wytches, an archon, a harlequin troupe, 2 skyweavers and a death jester.

Any suggestions to equipmemt or how to better structure this would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Draco
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 1850 with the models on hand   Thu Apr 06 2017, 22:33

I think you have a decent skeleton for the army, and I completely understand the limitations for models on hand. Let me give you a few ideas to maximize your pts and unit efficiency.

-Trueborn should all be blasters. blaster targets and splinter cannon targets are not the same, so try not to mix them.

-Drop the 4 raiders into 2 units of 10 warriors with the same raider load-out. Maximizes the cost of the night shields and racks.

-Unless you have an attachment to the Hellions, I would drop them and split the Reavers into one 6 man squad and another 3 man squad.

-You don't have much anti tank, so I would switch the Scourges to heat lances or blasters.

-I would drop a Grot from each unit, and embark them all on your two free raiders for a turn one flat out into your opponents deployment.

You should have some left over points to mess around with. If you can "convert" a model into a Shadoweer, I would suggest running the Cast of Players formation with the Shadowseer, Death Jester and troupe unit.
Back to top Go down
JonTheArchon
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1850 with the models on hand   Thu Apr 06 2017, 22:47

I really appreciate the reply, I'll be playing my first 1850 point game tomorrow. I'm sure I could get something for the shadowseer, but I've never really used one, what would you suggest for the equipment, and what job is the cast of players supposed to have? Thanks again for the feedback.
Back to top Go down
Anarchistscourge
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 1850 with the models on hand   Thu Apr 06 2017, 22:57

You could swap the hellions to Beastmasters. You'll drop to a 6+ save but have 30 points available. And their likely to die anyway do run them as harassment

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1850 with the models on hand   Thu Apr 06 2017, 23:02

I had considered that, but those three points that I save per model, I was losing the hellglaive, combat drugs and hit & run. I may be missing something, but it just didn't seem worth it to me.
Back to top Go down
Draco
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 1850 with the models on hand   Thu Apr 06 2017, 23:13

@JonTheArchon wrote:
I really appreciate the reply, I'll be playing my first 1850 point game tomorrow. I'm sure I could get something for the shadowseer, but I've never really used one, what would you suggest for the equipment, and what job is the cast of players supposed to have?  Thanks again for the feedback.

The Jester would be used to pull units closer to the Grots, I would give the Shadow seer the -2LD Mask, so when it gets up close with the grots and Suc, they are looking at -5LD which will come in hand for psychic shriek the shadowseer will be slinging.
Back to top Go down
Archon Vitcus
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 1850 with the models on hand   Thu Apr 06 2017, 23:14

Can't take two relics on the heami if I remember rightly
Back to top Go down
JonTheArchon
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1850 with the models on hand   Thu Apr 06 2017, 23:23

@Archon Vitcus wrote:
Can't take two relics on the heami if I remember rightly

All I'm seeing in the supplement is that you can't take duplicates of any one item, but I'm not seeing anything restricting how many you can take on one model so long as they are different items.
Back to top Go down
JonTheArchon
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1850 with the models on hand   Thu Apr 06 2017, 23:28

@Draco wrote:
@JonTheArchon wrote:
I really appreciate the reply, I'll be playing my first 1850 point game tomorrow. I'm sure I could get something for the shadowseer, but I've never really used one, what would you suggest for the equipment, and what job is the cast of players supposed to have?  Thanks again for the feedback.

The Jester would be used to pull units closer to the Grots, I would give the Shadow seer the -2LD Mask, so when it gets up close with the grots and Suc, they are looking at -5LD which will come in hand for psychic shriek the shadowseer will be slinging.

Gotcha, i will definitely give it a shot, That possibility of -5 leadership could be devastating, or not but still useful.
Back to top Go down
JonTheArchon
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1850 with the models on hand   Fri Apr 07 2017, 01:03

Another question i would like to put forward here is what models should i look towards getting next to better flesh out my army?
Back to top Go down
Draco
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 1850 with the models on hand   Fri Apr 07 2017, 03:23

@JonTheArchon wrote:
Another question i would like to put forward here is what models should i look towards getting next to better flesh out my army?

Depends on what you want to play. Some of our "Better" units include: Venoms, Reavers, and Ravagers.
Back to top Go down
JonTheArchon
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1850 with the models on hand   Fri Apr 07 2017, 07:17

@Draco wrote:
@JonTheArchon wrote:

Depends on what you want to play. Some of our "Better" units include: Venoms, Reavers, and Ravagers.
From what I've played so far I'm a big fan of reavers, would there be a point in really ever taking more than 9 though?
Back to top Go down
Draco
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 1850 with the models on hand   Fri Apr 07 2017, 07:30

The least I run in a list is 18. I have 27, and no urge to build the last 3 haha.
Back to top Go down
JonTheArchon
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1850 with the models on hand   Fri Apr 07 2017, 07:32

I will definitely look into getting more reavers next then, thanks for all your help!
Back to top Go down

1850 with the models on hand
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: