HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Tantalus is Dedicated Transport for the Court of the Archon?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
smith1186
Hellion

PostSubject: Tantalus is Dedicated Transport for the Court of the Archon?   Fri Mar 10 2017, 09:06

Whaaaaaaaaa?!?!? Just found this today in the IA Apoc book... Gotta say that I Did Not Know That

The Tantalus CAN be used as a Dedicated Transport for Court of the Archon in a standard 40k game (doesn't have to be an Apocalypse game).

So at 1750pts, I can use that to fill out my Heavy slots with DL Ravagers, Reapers or maybe a Voidraven (if I'm feeling saucy).

Time to build those Sslyths and Medusae I have!

Last edited by smith1186 on Fri Mar 10 2017, 09:32; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus is Dedicated Transport for the Court of the Archon?   Fri Mar 10 2017, 09:09

Yep, it's either heavy support or a dedicated transport for the Court.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus is Dedicated Transport for the Court of the Archon?   Fri Mar 10 2017, 09:43

Yes, its true. Meaning two Lhameans is the tax for two extra Tantalus, and a Tantalus filled with Medusae is a Space Marines best friend!
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus is Dedicated Transport for the Court of the Archon?   Fri Mar 10 2017, 09:48

Not to mention 12 S5 AP2 shots per Tantalus. Terminators won't have a good time either!

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus is Dedicated Transport for the Court of the Archon?   Fri Mar 10 2017, 13:27

I sincerely hope FW releases an FAQ to allow us to take certain units in Ynnari Warhosts. Like, say, Tantali.
Back to top Go down
PsychicHobo
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus is Dedicated Transport for the Court of the Archon?   Sat Mar 11 2017, 00:14

Well, you can take the Tantalus in an Ynnari Reborn Warhost Detachment. It just HAS to be a Dedicated Transport for a Court of the Archon and not a Heavy Support.

I wish my poor Raven, rubbish as it is, could partake in sweet Ynnari murder, but alas it is not to be.
Back to top Go down
Tounguekutter
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus is Dedicated Transport for the Court of the Archon?   Sat Mar 11 2017, 02:14

While I am also glad that Tantaluses can be taken in a Reborn Warhost, I am not sure they make good transports for Yvrainne and the Visarch. I'm thinking one of the best ways to take Yvrainne is in a Seer council, not a Court. That way as the seers die Yvrainne can restore wounds and gain Mastery levels. I am reluctant to take the Visarch not with Yvrainne (and hence in a seer council) because he loses some of his utility if he's not in the same unit as Yvrainne. Am I missing some nefarious ploy to be concocted?

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus is Dedicated Transport for the Court of the Archon?   Sat Mar 11 2017, 12:41

I just see the Visarch as a good means of chopping up MEQs. He'd function pretty well with just some wyches to tank hits whilst he goes shopping for marine bits. That high strength and good AP ought to help him out, and being able to provide a possible command buff always helps.

Yvraine for me serves the opposite role - she's a bit more of a challenge monkey, since she's basically like a Huskblade Archon but with Eternal Warrior and +1 Strength. The psykerness is also a major plus but for me I'm just planning to use it for general purpose buffing rather than any particular shenanigans.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus is Dedicated Transport for the Court of the Archon?   Sat Mar 11 2017, 20:17

@smith1186 wrote:
Whaaaaaaaaa?!?!? Just found this today in the IA Apoc book... Gotta say that I Did Not Know That

The Tantalus CAN be used as a Dedicated Transport for Court of the Archon in a standard 40k game (doesn't have to be an Apocalypse game).

So at 1750pts, I can use that to fill out my Heavy slots with DL Ravagers, Reapers or maybe a Voidraven (if I'm feeling saucy).

Time to build those Sslyths and Medusae I have!

Why would you think Apoc? Its just a AV 12 Open top with a couple extra HP's...... Its over 200pts base, look at Necrons Ghost Arcs and its even in power/points.

Harlequins 3k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
Tyranids 10k+
SOB 3k+
Painted 4k points
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus is Dedicated Transport for the Court of the Archon?   Sat Mar 11 2017, 21:51

Because it is written in an Apoc book, so it's reasonable to think it's Apoc only. Common mistake. Smile
Back to top Go down
smith1186
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus is Dedicated Transport for the Court of the Archon?   Sun Mar 12 2017, 03:20

Actually, the book containing the stats for the tantalus clearly shows that the it can be taken in a none Apocalypse game.

However, it also shows that formation with the Tantalus can only be taken in an Apoc game.

Not a problem considering Stormsurge formation is also apocalypse.

Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus is Dedicated Transport for the Court of the Archon?   Sun Mar 12 2017, 16:33

I know the dataslate says that, I'm just saying that for the typical gamer, hearing that a vehicle is found in an Apoc game, it's easy to come to the (reasonable) conclusion that the units therein are Apoc units.

Side note: there is no greater woe in my 40k career than the Stormsurge being Apoc only. If they make that 40k-legal, then the things the Freakshow could do would make people weep. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus is Dedicated Transport for the Court of the Archon?   Sun Mar 12 2017, 20:04

@Jimsolo wrote:
I know the dataslate says that, I'm just saying that for the typical gamer, hearing that a vehicle is found in an Apoc game, it's easy to come to the (reasonable) conclusion that the units therein are Apoc units.

Side note: there is no greater woe in my 40k career than the Stormsurge being Apoc only.  If they make that 40k-legal, then the things the Freakshow could do would make people weep. Very Happy

..... It is 40k league it is even in a White Dwarf for 40k.
Pic of the WD
https://www.reddit.com/r/Warhammer40k/comments/3mpj02/tau_kv128_stormsurge_rules/

Are you thinking of the "Supremacy" Suit?
  https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Tau-KX139-Ta%E2%80%99unar-Supremacy-Armour-with-Fusion-%20Eradicators

B.c thats different than Stormsurge.

Harlequins 3k+
Dark Eldar 10k+
Tyranids 10k+
SOB 3k+
Painted 4k points
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tantalus is Dedicated Transport for the Court of the Archon?   

Back to top Go down

Tantalus is Dedicated Transport for the Court of the Archon?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: