Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ynneadwraith
Twisted

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari unoffical FAQ stop gap   Tue Feb 28 2017, 21:44

@Srota wrote:
@Archon_91 wrote:
"But would it be a bit unreasonable to let interfaction dedicated transports be a thing?" I guess I'm bad at saying what I'm trying to say ... What I meant by that is because the ynnari are a faction that use three eldar codex's but acts like its own codex or set of rules and seeing as they are mixing the three separate eldar factions into one here why can't they take each other's transports as they are effectively their own army under this faction and have access to everything brought by each side, so why can't eldar units use dark eldar transports and vise versa, as under the ynnari faction they would have access to them ...

The reason why is because their datasheets are drawn from their respective codices, and thus do not provide the option for taking dedicated transports from other codices.  Its not the faction that limits the dedicated transport choice, but rather the datasheet itself.  Now, if they were to eventually release datasheets that would supercede those from the codices, it might be different, but at this time, it just cannot be done.

I.E. In the Dark Eldar Codex, Kaballite Warriors only have Raiders and Venoms as dedicated transports listed in their upgrades.  Since Starweavers are not listed, you could not take a Starweaver as their dedicated transport.

Yeah, the only way to get cross-faction transports is to put the vehicles themselves into a FOC slot and then embark your unit onto them (either during the game, or during deployment depending on how the multi-faction thing gets FAQ'd).

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
Srota
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari unoffical FAQ stop gap   Tue Feb 28 2017, 21:47

@Ynneadwraith wrote:
@Srota wrote:
@Archon_91 wrote:
"But would it be a bit unreasonable to let interfaction dedicated transports be a thing?" I guess I'm bad at saying what I'm trying to say ... What I meant by that is because the ynnari are a faction that use three eldar codex's but acts like its own codex or set of rules and seeing as they are mixing the three separate eldar factions into one here why can't they take each other's transports as they are effectively their own army under this faction and have access to everything brought by each side, so why can't eldar units use dark eldar transports and vise versa, as under the ynnari faction they would have access to them ...

The reason why is because their datasheets are drawn from their respective codices, and thus do not provide the option for taking dedicated transports from other codices.  Its not the faction that limits the dedicated transport choice, but rather the datasheet itself.  Now, if they were to eventually release datasheets that would supercede those from the codices, it might be different, but at this time, it just cannot be done.

I.E. In the Dark Eldar Codex, Kaballite Warriors only have Raiders and Venoms as dedicated transports listed in their upgrades.  Since Starweavers are not listed, you could not take a Starweaver as their dedicated transport.

Yeah, the only way to get cross-faction transports is to put the vehicles themselves into a FOC slot and then embark your unit onto them (either during the game, or during deployment depending on how the multi-faction thing gets FAQ'd).

Just like how you have to take FA Drop Pods for Centurions, since their dedicated transports are land raiders only.
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari unoffical FAQ stop gap   Wed Mar 01 2017, 01:51

Thanks for all your thoughts and feedback guys! I knew posting this would be controversial and people might not agree with everything but if you don’t put it out there then you get nothing back! This way at least the players who I run events for know where they stand and I can start gathering data based on these rules.

@Vlad wrote:
@Massaen well done, I will certainly be using this until an official release by GW!

Thanks @Vlad! Appreciate the support!

@Weidekuh wrote:
I know it's RAW how you wrote it but I think that a unit should be able to charge after wiping out another unit in close combat. That's also how they played it on warhammer tv.

@Count Adhemar wrote:
They also played it that vehicles got to Soulburst so I'd take that with a pinch bucket of salt Smile
That being said, despite my strenuous arguments over the RAW of this matter, I also believe that the intent was to be able to charge after wiping a unit.

@Srota wrote:
I have to agree with count here, else why would they include rules for charging in and how to address the lowered initiative steps? Those rules seem irrelevant if you cannot charge during the specific fight subphase for that unit.

I am going to address all these comments in 1 go. First off @Weidekuh, Warhammer TV is not a good place to source rules from – much like a white dwarf bat rep… as @Count Adhemar points out.
In relation to this - @Srota, I think the reason its worded this way is because you can in theory trigger soul burst mid subphase and through another unit into combat with the same unit presently fighting, hence the reference to a lower Inititaive step.

I fully expect this to be FAQ/errata’d the way you guys describe and I certainly hope I am! Until then, RAW is at least clear.

For everyone who is posting – keep leaving feedback and comments! As part of this, shameless plug incoming – if you are on face book and can head over to my Objective Secured facebook page and hit like that would be awesome! Sharing it with other gamers would be awesome as well!

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
WildCandy
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari unoffical FAQ stop gap   Thu Mar 02 2017, 13:22

This ruling will not make wraith host better, wouldn't one love a battle focusing, soul bursting wk and wraith lord?:

Q12: Can a model or unit of models which does not have battle focus gain the effects of Battle Focus (from a formation, psychic power or other source) when it has the faction Ynnari?

A12: No, a model loses the ability to use battle focus when it gains the Ynnari faction.

Back to top Go down
Marrath
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari unoffical FAQ stop gap   Thu Mar 02 2017, 21:48

Is the question about destroyed vehicles triggering Soulburst clear by now?
It is a unit, piloted by beings with souls, black as they may be, so i think yes?

Also i think auras and such not working for units in transports is rather stupid IF the transport is open topped, it's a FAQ/BRB problem that largely affects Dark Eldar and also Ynnari, complicating Soulburst.

mrmagoo
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari unoffical FAQ stop gap   Thu Mar 02 2017, 21:52

Clear is a difficult question. To me yes its clear. You don't get to fire from a Vehicle.

The FAQ below solves the question to me. But there are still a lot of people that argue it.

PG 9, Left Column, 2nd Question

Q: I have a question regarding unit special rules that affect all or some units within a certain range of a model or unit. How do these interact with units inside Transports, and what happens if the unit with the rule is inside a Transport?

A: When a unit embarks on a vehicle it is taken off the battlefield and does not interact with anything on the battlefield. However, certain rules may create exceptions to this rule, with the most obvious examples being Fire Points, psychic powers and Transports. If a unit’s rules are meant to apply even when embarked on a Transport, they will specify this.
Back to top Go down
Marrath
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari unoffical FAQ stop gap   Thu Mar 02 2017, 22:45

My 1. question was about vehicles in general.
Do they trigger Soulburst when being destroyed?

The other was more a rant about the FAQ which i think RAW is the same for open topped, auras not working because the firepoint bit is more for shooting RAW and not sufficient to allow auras etc.

BUT i think it was just badly worded, or they forgot open topped/thought the "whole open topped transport counts as fire point" bit from the BRB would suffice.
And i think auras and so on are intended to work from open topped transports, or as some fellow denizen so fittingly called them: Flying balconies.
Just look at the Start Collecting formation...
Archon can't point @ an enemy unit from a Venom? Wut?

I would really like a clarification at least for open topped transports.

mrmagoo
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari unoffical FAQ stop gap   Fri Mar 03 2017, 00:17

Yes a destroyed vehicle triggers soulburst. It says and dead unit.

Now Vehicles cant activate soulburst. So while a Venom cant fire a second round. When that venom is destroyed the Scat bikes near by can.
Back to top Go down
Marrath
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari unoffical FAQ stop gap   Fri Mar 03 2017, 00:44

@mrmagoo wrote:
Yes a destroyed vehicle triggers soulburst.   It says and dead unit.  

Now Vehicles cant activate soulburst.   So while a Venom cant fire a second round.  When that venom is destroyed the Scat bikes near by can.
Thanks for clearing that up Smile

Ynnari unoffical FAQ stop gap
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: