Share | 

Putting together a speedfreak build

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ncshooter426
Slave

PostSubject: Putting together a speedfreak build   Fri Feb 24 2017, 01:14

Hello folks!

New DE player here - returning to 40K after....a long time. I'm aiming to put together a DE force over the next month or so, and I'd like the focus to be speed - sexy...sexy speed. In essence, I shamelessly want to rip of the Spider's tactics (the chan is what started this whole DE interest) -- Lots of bikes, lots of venoms. I will throw in a few razowings...because I love the model.

I wasn't sure if leveraging the new Gangs boxset for the 6 reavers/10 hellions was a viable strategy for filling out the reaver list. Are the Hellions worth using?
I like the idea of the start collecting set, but I really don't know if I'll ever use the raider/ravager (converted). I'm angling to pick up some warriors/venoms 2nd hand locally, but the most I've been able to find is 3 thus far.

So... starting with a list I can expand on over time, how many reavers/warriors/venoms would I need to start with (and practice with)?
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Putting together a speedfreak build   Fri Feb 24 2017, 01:31

Moving to Tactics, as this is not an actual army list yet.
Back to top Go down
Voidgazer
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Putting together a speedfreak build   Fri Feb 24 2017, 01:56

Hi! First of let me say welcome to the Dark City, good to have another Archon on board.
Speed is indeed one of DE´s best attribute although there are some armies out there that can beat us on that front we still have speed in plenty.
Your thoughts for your army is a well tried and popular one for DE players and is honestly one of the best ways to play them.
I would suggest starting off with at least 3-4 venoms and squads of 5x Kabalites to put in them. There are some discussion as how to best equip them, some go for blaster, other for Sybarite + Haywire and some for barebones to spend on points elsewhere. It all depends on how you build the rest of your army.
The gangs box is definitively a good thing to buy as the reavers alone is worth that price, Hellions most will say is quite garbage (including me) but you can use them for the standalone game or for conversion material.
I would give some more thought to have a raider or two in there or even a ravager or two in your amry just for the sake of trying them out and see how you like it since there are heaps of use for both of them for DE one of the most popular being having a Grotesquerie (or however it is spelled) in raiders.

To fit all of your "speed choices" i would suggest using a CAD and a Realspace raiders detachment to fit in as many fast attack options as possible.
I do have one concern for your army of choice though and that is your lack of AT, how were you thinking of tackling that?
Back to top Go down

Putting together a speedfreak build
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Dark Eldar Tactics
-
Jump to: