HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

1k new to DE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
AshCrow
Hellion

PostSubject: 1k new to DE   Fri Feb 17 2017, 16:44

Hey guys, as the title suggests I'm new to dark eldar and would love some input. I tend to play semi-comp with friends against IG, nids, Tau, kdk and likely some DA soon. Often it's 2v2. I'm in love with the speed and finesse of DE. I've been playing with them for about a year but I have other armies I jump around to. I've had reasonable success and would love some opinions and constructive criticism to help my list and help it grow, especially into something stronger and more competitive.

HQ: Archon (shadow field, husk blade, armor of misery) (140)
I know Agonizer tends to be better but I've had quite a bit of luck with the husk blade in challenges and even vs low WS MC's. I take armor of misery for the fear and minus to leadership. I find it helps me make the most of my attacks and helps in challenges with the husk blade vs multiwound characters. He goes with the incubi as a clean up force.

Elites: 3 incubi + 1 klaivex, venom w/ cannon. (155)
I go with the klaivex because of the access to rampage. That combined with the armor of misery fear they tend to make the most of their attacks. Also I feel this makes the husk blade better as I can often get more attacks that can possibly ID.

Troops: 10x2 kabalite warriors in identical raiders w/ night shields, splinter racks, and dis cannons instead of dark lance's. (165)x2
I tend to use these guys as gun boats that hug cover. With it being 10 guys with the splinter racks I can reliably some snaps at flying tyrants.

FA: 6 reaver jetbikes w/ 2 caltrops. (126)
These guys tend to be a huge distraction. Their purpose is to boost around and charge infantry and cause havoc before hit and running away.

1 razorwing jetfighter (unupgraded) standard stock build of dis cannons, monoscythe missiles, and twin liked splinter rifles. (130)
This pick was because originally I sought to build a TAC list. Now he flies in and just unleashes his payload that clears infantry. I've had good luck with his missiles but otherwise he never gets much else done.

5 scourge. 4 with haywire blasters. (120)
I deep strike these guys in and, as you guess, shoot some tanks. I get mixed results. I've been considering trying the heat lance's on them.

That's my small force. I do own another venom and 5 warriors I was making into true born to use blasters. I've been considering running more MSU style as my army grows with either a succubus or even Lilith to go with the incubi as the archon (tho he looks cool) is really expensive. Ive also been leaning towards the corpse thief claw formation to give the force a "oh shiiiii" unit. I see people run a lahmian as well because it's only 10p which can open up room for a venom and 5 warriors. Cheers!
Back to top Go down
English malice
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1k new to DE   Mon Feb 20 2017, 09:53

This looks like fun to play with, I am trying something similar. Also had poor results with deep striking scourge so may change them out. I played in a 750 pt comp, list similar minus the razorwing and jetbikes. Good luck with them.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon

PostSubject: Re: 1k new to DE   Mon Feb 20 2017, 13:48

Looks like a great start! You haven't picked up anything you'll regret buying. Smile

If you're looking for avenues of growth, I'd recommend picking up Venoms to try fielding 4 units of warriors instead of 2. I think you might find the Venom to be a higher performance vehicle as well.
Back to top Go down
AshCrow
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1k new to DE   Mon Feb 20 2017, 16:35

Thanks guys. That's pretty much the plan @jimsolo . I've been considering lahmian and cutting the two 10 man squads to 4 five mans and adding venoms. What are your thoughts on a grotesquerie vs a CTC formation? I know incubi are in a strange place and are very situational (but effective) and been considering replacing them. I think the next avenue is to go to 1500.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon

PostSubject: Re: 1k new to DE   Mon Feb 20 2017, 16:44

CTC is fun (even more so with a Dark Artisan following them--the DA Warlord trait makes the two units nearly invincible). A little too slow in most competitive environments, though.

Grotesqueries aren't just fun, they are also competitive.
Back to top Go down

1k new to DE
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: