HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 ]Fracture of Biel-Tan FAQ

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
avatar

Posts : 7207
Join date : 2012-04-26
Location : London

PostSubject: ]Fracture of Biel-Tan FAQ   Fri Feb 10 2017, 14:30

Once the book is in the hands of our denizens I'm sure any number of questions will arise on interpretations of new rules. So I'm creating this thread as a place to pose such questions. We can then compile them and send them off to GW in the hope of a swift FAQ

Fire away!

Faction and Allies (page 114)
The book says The Yncarne, Yvraine and/or The Visarch can be included in any Eldar, Dark Eldar or Harlequin detachments. Does this include formations, as formations are detachments?

Can Ynnari units in a Reborn Warhost start the game embarked on any Ynnari transport (eg, Wyches in a Wave Serpent, Wraithguard in a Raider). The FAQ for the main rulebook seems to allow and disallow it in consecutive questions!

Q: Can units that are Battle Brothers embark in each other’s Transport vehicles during deployment?
A: No.
Q: Can units from two Detachments with the same Faction embark in each other’s Transport vehicles during deployment?
A: Yes.


The Yncarne (page 118)
The Yncarne can generate powers from the Revenant and Daemonology (Sanctic) disciplines. According to the 40k rulebook, daemons cannot ever generate Sanctic powers, but can generate Malefic as normal. So can The Yncarne generate Sanctic or Malefic powers?

Can The Yncarne use its Inevitable Death rule to redeploy whilst locked in combat?

Strength from Death (page 124)
Can a unit that wipes out its opponent in assault take a Soulburst action to charge another unit in range, as they are still locked in combat until the end of the phase? If so, how does this work?

If a unit Soulburst charges during the fight sub-phase into an ongoing unresolved combat what initiative step is it for that combat? Does the charging unit simply ignore the initiative steps prior to its arrival? Does the WHOLE fight ignore those steps?

Can a unit that takes a Soulburst action use it to do something that they would otherwise be prohibited from doing? Some examples include charging on the turn that they arrive from reserves, charging from a non-assault vehicle, charging after firing a heavy weapon, doing anything after turbo-boosting, moving after firing heavy weapons etc

Can a unit that has just had to disembark due to its transport being destroyed take a Soulburst action from its own transport having been destroyed?

Is a unit that is embarked upon a transport eligible to take a Soulburst action (to shoot, or disembark, for example)?

If my opponent is also playing Ynnari, who gets to do Strength from Death first?

Do Independent Characters count as separate units for triggering Soulburst? Do they also count as separate units for enacting Soulburst? For instance, if I've got a unit with an attached IC that wipes out an enemy, can I detach the IC via Soulburst and then assault with the unit via their Soulburst?

Reborn Warhost Detachment (pages 126-127)

Reborn Warhost Command Benefit - Warhost of Ynnead - at what point do we calculate whether the detachment includes 7 or more units? Is it when the list is written or is it during the battle whenever an event triggers a Soulburst action?

Were the Purge Coterie and Runeweaver Host formations from the Start Collecting boxes left out of the formation list for the Reborn Warhost on purpose?

Can you include Kabalite Trueborn or Bloodbrides in a Reborn Warhost?

The Warhost of Ynnead command benefit states if the detachment has 7+ units you get to choose an extra unit to take an additional Soulburst action when triggered. If you have two Reborn Warhosts with 7+ units, would this trigger twice, one for each detachment if the unit destroyed was within 7" of both?

Warhost of Ynnead
This rule says "select one additional unit to make a Soulburst action each time a unit is destroyed". This doesn't mention the 7" distance restriction of the "Strength from Death" rule. Can I pick any unit on the table to make a Soulburst action or does that unit also have to be within 7" of the destroyed unit that triggered Strength from Death?

Mirrorgaze (Artefacts of the Ynnari)
This gives the wearer the Blind special rule, which says "Any unit hit by one or more models or weapons with this special rule must take an Initiative test at the end of the current phase". As the model has the special rule, does this apply to any attacks made by the model, including melee, psychic and shooting?

_________________

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?


Last edited by Count Adhemar on Wed Feb 22 2017, 09:18; edited 13 times in total
Back to top Go down
krayd
Wych
avatar

Posts : 618
Join date : 2011-10-03
Location : Richmond, VA

PostSubject: Re: ]Fracture of Biel-Tan FAQ   Fri Feb 10 2017, 16:37

1) Can a unit that has just had to disembark due to its transport being destroyed take a soulburst action from its own transport having been destroyed?

2) Is a unit that is embarked upon a transport eligible to take a soulburst action (to shoot, or disembark, for example)?

3) Was Purge Coterie left out of the formation list on purpose, or did you just forget about it because it's not in any actual rulebook? Razz


I can see a good argument for the answer to 1 being 'no' because it's impossible for the unit inside to take any action immediately after its transport is destroyed - it has to disembark first. The question would be whether or not you're allowed to perform the disembark action prior to selecting the recipient of the soulburst action. If this is the case, then that's a good reason for the answer to be 'yes'.

I see a few arguments for the answer to 2 being 'no' because the unit isn't technically on the table. I don't quite buy that, for a couple reasons. One being that the 'no escape' rule definitely counts them as being on the table. The other being that if they can shoot from inside the transport (which they can), they would have to be considered to be on the battlefield in some capacity, since units generally can't shoot from off the table. As a sidenote, my future plans for splinter boats sort of hinge on the answer to this question.


Last edited by krayd on Fri Feb 10 2017, 16:50; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mrmagoo
Sybarite
avatar

Posts : 325
Join date : 2014-12-02

PostSubject: Re: ]Fracture of Biel-Tan FAQ   Fri Feb 10 2017, 16:45

Does soulburst override other rules.

IE Turbo Boost.  

So if a unit of Dark Eldar Reavers turbo boosts across the board and a unit dies with 7 inches of them , Can they charge?
Back to top Go down
sumguy777
Kabalite Warrior
avatar

Posts : 188
Join date : 2017-01-15

PostSubject: Re: ]Fracture of Biel-Tan FAQ   Sun Feb 12 2017, 19:39

@mrmagoo wrote:
Does soulburst override other rules.

IE Turbo Boost.  

So if a unit of Dark Eldar Reavers turbo boosts across the board and a unit dies with 7 inches of them , Can they charge?

i have the same question
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
avatar

Posts : 1303
Join date : 2015-03-15
Location : Massachusetts

PostSubject: Re: ]Fracture of Biel-Tan FAQ   Sun Feb 12 2017, 20:57

If a unit soul burst charges during the fight subphase into an ongoing unresolved combat what initiative step is it for that combat?

Does the charging unit simply ignore the initiative steps prior to its arrival? Does the WHOLE fight ignore those steps?
Back to top Go down
mattblowers
Kabalite Warrior
avatar

Posts : 116
Join date : 2016-12-27

PostSubject: Re: ]Fracture of Biel-Tan FAQ   Mon Feb 13 2017, 16:37

Yncarne can generate from Revenant and Daemonoly sanctic. According to the BRB Daemons cannot ever generate Santic powers, but can generate Malefic as normal. So....

1. can Yncarne generate Santic or Malefic powers?
2. If it can generate Santic does it perils on doubles?

Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
avatar

Posts : 1236
Join date : 2016-09-21

PostSubject: Re: ]Fracture of Biel-Tan FAQ   Mon Feb 13 2017, 16:40

Codex trumps BRB so if the codex says the Yncarne can cast Sanctic then the Yncarne can cast Sanctic.

However, it probably means that it can cast Malefic as well seeing as it's a daemon...unless that's a misremembered rule that all daemon psykers have access to Malefic.

_________________
Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
avatar

Posts : 7207
Join date : 2012-04-26
Location : London

PostSubject: Re: ]Fracture of Biel-Tan FAQ   Mon Feb 13 2017, 16:40

@mattblowers wrote:
Yncarne can generate from Revenant and Daemonoly sanctic. According to the BRB Daemons cannot ever generate Santic powers, but can generate Malefic as normal. So....

1. can Yncarne generate Santic or Malefic powers?
2. If it can generate Santic does it perils on doubles?


1. Sanctic, because Codex>Rulebook
2. Yes, because it's not a Grey Knight

_________________

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
avatar

Posts : 1236
Join date : 2016-09-21

PostSubject: Re: ]Fracture of Biel-Tan FAQ   Mon Feb 13 2017, 16:45

@Count Adhemar wrote:

2. Yes, because it's not a Grey Knight

Spoiler:
 

_________________
Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
avatar

Posts : 3064
Join date : 2013-10-31
Location : Illinois

PostSubject: Re: ]Fracture of Biel-Tan FAQ   Mon Feb 13 2017, 17:27

If my opponent is also playing Ynnari, who gets to do SfD first?
Back to top Go down
SCP Yeeman
Sybarite


Posts : 266
Join date : 2013-04-17

PostSubject: Re: ]Fracture of Biel-Tan FAQ   Mon Feb 13 2017, 18:56

Jim, if it is your turn, don't you get to choose as when 2 actions happen, controlling player gets to choose which happens first?
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
avatar

Posts : 1303
Join date : 2015-03-15
Location : Massachusetts

PostSubject: Re: ]Fracture of Biel-Tan FAQ   Mon Feb 13 2017, 19:07

That's my conclusion as well, but I have a nagging feeling that like the Perferred enemy ruling the current FAQ doesn't technically cover it.
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Wych
avatar

Posts : 898
Join date : 2015-02-13
Location : Québec

PostSubject: Re: ]Fracture of Biel-Tan FAQ   Mon Feb 13 2017, 21:58

-Can we use soulburst to charge after a deepstrike?
-Does a free move from soulburst affect the shooting phase? (snapfiring with heavy weapon)
-Does a free shooting from soulburst affect the assault phase?

-Will we have a Vect model? Laughing What? I'm sure it IS a frequently asked question Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
avatar

Posts : 3064
Join date : 2013-10-31
Location : Illinois

PostSubject: Re: ]Fracture of Biel-Tan FAQ   Mon Feb 13 2017, 22:01

Absent an answer, I'm assuming no, yes, yes.
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
avatar

Posts : 2268
Join date : 2011-07-05
Location : Western Australia

PostSubject: Re: ]Fracture of Biel-Tan FAQ   Tue Feb 14 2017, 01:48

@Count Adhemar wrote:
@mattblowers wrote:
Yncarne can generate from Revenant and Daemonoly sanctic. According to the BRB Daemons cannot ever generate Santic powers, but can generate Malefic as normal. So....

1. can Yncarne generate Santic or Malefic powers?
2. If it can generate Santic does it perils on doubles?


1. Sanctic, because Codex>Rulebook
2. Yes, because it's not a Grey Knight

1. I agree with
2. - sorry I disagree. Much like the Farseer, you have no access to malefic as you have explicit disciplines listed.

_________________
Objective Secured - Western Australia's Premier 40k Event Organisers and Website
OBJECTIVE SECURED
Back to top Go down
http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
avatar

Posts : 7207
Join date : 2012-04-26
Location : London

PostSubject: Re: ]Fracture of Biel-Tan FAQ   Tue Feb 14 2017, 07:18

@Massaen wrote:
@Count Adhemar wrote:
@mattblowers wrote:
Yncarne can generate from Revenant and Daemonoly sanctic. According to the BRB Daemons cannot ever generate Santic powers, but can generate Malefic as normal. So....

1. can Yncarne generate Santic or Malefic powers?
2. If it can generate Santic does it perils on doubles?


1. Sanctic, because Codex>Rulebook
2. Yes, because it's not a Grey Knight

1. I agree with
2. - sorry I disagree. Much like the Farseer, you have no access to malefic as you have explicit disciplines listed.

Regarding point 2.

Points at highlighted word

_________________

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
avatar

Posts : 1236
Join date : 2016-09-21

PostSubject: Re: ]Fracture of Biel-Tan FAQ   Tue Feb 14 2017, 12:32

If ICs count as separate units for triggering Soulburst, do they also count as separate units for enacting Soulburst?

For instance, if I've got a unit with an attached IC that wipes out an enemy, can I detach the IC via Soulburst and then assault with the unit via their Soulburst?

Not sure what the utility would be, but might be able to find some...

_________________
Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
|Meavar
Hekatrix
avatar

Posts : 1041
Join date : 2017-01-26

PostSubject: Re: ]Fracture of Biel-Tan FAQ   Tue Feb 14 2017, 13:40

Can you have trueborn for I don't see them in the list. But with formations etc they were also not mentioned but we could use them as they are an upgrade for kabalytes.
Back to top Go down
krayd
Wych
avatar

Posts : 618
Join date : 2011-10-03
Location : Richmond, VA

PostSubject: Re: ]Fracture of Biel-Tan FAQ   Tue Feb 14 2017, 14:27

@|Meavar wrote:
Can you have trueborn for I don't see them in the list. But with formations etc they were also not mentioned but we could use them as they are an upgrade for kabalytes.

*I* think that you can, since it states in the Ynarri rules that you can utilize all options provided on the datasheets listed, and upgrading to trueborn is an option on the kabalite warrior datasheet. Of course, I think some players will require that this be codified in a FAQ before they accept a list with trueborn - I've seen someone argue that you can't because they don't think that the Ynarri detachment allows for the shifting of battlefield roles (in this case, troops to elites).
Back to top Go down
mattblowers
Kabalite Warrior
avatar

Posts : 116
Join date : 2016-12-27

PostSubject: Re: ]Fracture of Biel-Tan FAQ   Tue Feb 14 2017, 14:48

@Count Adhemar wrote:
@Massaen wrote:
@Count Adhemar wrote:
@mattblowers wrote:
Yncarne can generate from Revenant and Daemonoly sanctic. According to the BRB Daemons cannot ever generate Santic powers, but can generate Malefic as normal. So....

1. can Yncarne generate Santic or Malefic powers?
2. If it can generate Santic does it perils on doubles?


1. Sanctic, because Codex>Rulebook
2. Yes, because it's not a Grey Knight

1. I agree with
2. - sorry I disagree. Much like the Farseer, you have no access to malefic as you have explicit disciplines listed.

Regarding point 2.

Points at highlighted word

Since the BRB specifically gives Malefic to ALL Daemons, can Yncarne still generate them? Nothing reverses the explicit permission to do so. I'm not sure the Farseer FAQ is applicable because it was just clarifying the side of the tree of Daemonology he could generate from. Come on GW! This is pretty sloppy to cause this much confusion on day one.

(FYI: finished the models last night, they are incredible!)
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
avatar

Posts : 7207
Join date : 2012-04-26
Location : London

PostSubject: Re: ]Fracture of Biel-Tan FAQ   Tue Feb 14 2017, 14:49

@krayd wrote:
@|Meavar wrote:
Can you have trueborn for I don't see them in the list. But with formations etc they were also not mentioned but we could use them as they are an upgrade for kabalytes.

*I* think that you can, since it states in the Ynarri rules that you can utilize all options provided on the datasheets listed, and upgrading to trueborn is an option on the kabalite warrior datasheet. Of course, I think some players will require that this be codified in a FAQ before they accept a list with trueborn - I've seen someone argue that you can't because they don't think that the Ynarri detachment allows for the shifting of battlefield roles (in this case, troops to elites).

I hope they're removing any upgrades from their units and running them naked if they're trying to stop you taking upgrades on your units.

_________________

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
mrmagoo
Sybarite
avatar

Posts : 325
Join date : 2014-12-02

PostSubject: Re: ]Fracture of Biel-Tan FAQ   Tue Feb 14 2017, 14:59

While this is not definitive proof but this tells me yes you can take Trueborn. This is from the FAQ for the Kabalite Raiding Party.


Q: As they are upgrades to Kabalite Warriors and do not have their own datasheet, do Kabalite Trueborn still count as Kabalite Warriors for the purposes of the Kabalite Raiding Party Formation?
A: Yes.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
avatar

Posts : 7207
Join date : 2012-04-26
Location : London

PostSubject: Re: ]Fracture of Biel-Tan FAQ   Tue Feb 14 2017, 15:55

Reborn Warhost Command Benefit - Warhost of Ynnead - at what point do we calculate whether the detachment includes 7 or more units? Is it when the list is written or is it during the battle whenever an event triggers a Soulburst action?

_________________

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
mrmagoo
Sybarite
avatar

Posts : 325
Join date : 2014-12-02

PostSubject: Re: ]Fracture of Biel-Tan FAQ   Tue Feb 14 2017, 15:56

@Count Adhemar wrote:
Reborn Warhost Command Benefit - Warhost of Ynnead - at what point do we calculate whether the detachment includes 7 or more units? Is it when the list is written or is it during the battle whenever an event triggers a Soulburst action?

Good Question
Back to top Go down
mattblowers
Kabalite Warrior
avatar

Posts : 116
Join date : 2016-12-27

PostSubject: Re: ]Fracture of Biel-Tan FAQ   Tue Feb 14 2017, 16:27

Well, a simple reading, I thought it was just a list qualifier. If your list has 7 units when you made it, it has this ability. You don't lose obsec when your HQ dies and your list is no longer a CAD. Why would this be different?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: ]Fracture of Biel-Tan FAQ   

Back to top Go down
 
]Fracture of Biel-Tan FAQ
Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

 :: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: