HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

1850 DE/Eldar ITC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
greenterror88
Slave

PostSubject: 1850 DE/Eldar ITC   Thu Feb 09 2017, 22:33

Hey all I have been playing 40k for a long time but never competitively. My new group of gaming buddies are looking to get into tournaments with an ITC format. Just wanted to get some feedback on this list and see how competitive it may be.

Dark Eldar CAD

Archon- Webway Portal, Haywire Grenades

2x 5 Warriors in Venom w dual Splinter Cannons

5 Warriors (1 w/ blaster) in Venom w dual Splinter Cannons

Scourges- 4x Haywire Blasters

Scourges- 4x Heat Lances

Razorwing- 2x Dark Lances

Eldar CAD

Farseer- Singing Spear

5x Wraithguard- 5 D-Scythe

2x 3 Jetbikes w Scatter Lasers

5 Warp Spiders

Crimson Hunter- 2x Brightlance

Wraithknight w 2x D-cannons and 2x Scatterlasters

1847pts
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: 1850 DE/Eldar ITC   Thu Feb 09 2017, 23:20

Razorwing should be Anti-infantry.

I'd probably opt for double haywire rather than the heat lance squad for the scourges given the oppressive amount of high AP you're toting anyway.

Where is the Farseer? You'd probably benefit more from +-1 to reserves from an Autarch in most cases instead since Death From The Skies is generally not played in ITC.

Only other thing is: Own a sword and board? I really don't think you need ranged D here.
Back to top Go down
greenterror88
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1850 DE/Eldar ITC   Thu Feb 09 2017, 23:33

Awesome, thanks for the advice. I was thinking the Farseer could fish for invisibility on the Wraithknight?

And, I can convert my wraithknight and give it a try I dont think ive ever played the sword version.
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: 1850 DE/Eldar ITC   Thu Feb 09 2017, 23:46

That's because the sword version is bad, but It's got a 24" threat bubble and almost anything it comes in physical contact with is dead. The problem with the Wraithcannon version you're using here is that while It will put out some hurt, you've just dictated where the fight is going to go down and It'll be the same in almost all cases: within 18" of where ever you first place the wraithknight. You'll certainly draw 4-5x your points cost to that spot, and probably kill 2-3x but a gladius or even a war convocation is prepared for that and is going to simply drown your ~1400 in remaining points under their ~1900 since at that point literally everything in their army is able to reliably hurt everything else in yours.

For that application I'd also consider a spiritseer for a points reduction instead, but then you'll be generating less abilities and lowering your likelihood of getting Invisability by even more than 1/3 (because of the math involved regarding no repeat powers). Both are definitely fire magnets, the Sword and Board is basically a fire magnet that you can't actually let close in on you.

I dunno I guess I'm just of the mind that the Wraithknight is inherently so undercosted that throwing points after buffing it is a super waste. especially if how you're doing it doesn't function well for contingencies when you don't roll the right powers.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: 1850 DE/Eldar ITC   Thu Feb 09 2017, 23:56

Alternate take:

You -could- keep the farseer, take prescience, guide, and psychic shriek, take the dual d-cannons on the wraithknight, then just plan on twin-linking the wraithknight and the group of scatbikes your farseer is sitting in every round. Due to the low number of shots, guide is amazing on a D-cannon wraithknight.

Also, obviously take invis if you get it instead of shriek, but it's not really that important on a wraithknight that's going to soak tons of firepower either way.

Personally, if I were going to do this though, I'd find points for a vaul's wrath battery with 3 vibro cannons, put your farseer in that unit, and use the second twin-link on them instead of the scatbikes. It makes for a sturdy T7 firebase for your HQ while averaging 3 S9 AP2 Pinning hits per turn.

PostSubject: Re: 1850 DE/Eldar ITC   Thu Feb 09 2017, 23:59

I totally spaced that guide is the primaris. Seconding the VWS mod tho.
Back to top Go down
greenterror88
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1850 DE/Eldar ITC   Fri Feb 10 2017, 21:50

Thanks for the help guys! I think i like the idea of the Weapons Battery, Farseer and D-Cannon Wraithknight. I'll see how it goes in some test games.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: 1850 DE/Eldar ITC   Fri Feb 10 2017, 22:19

It's important that the weapon battery has the full THREE vibro cannons, or they won't be nearly as effective! Keep that in mind! Also, taking the spirit stone of anath'lan on that farseer is a good idea, since it makes both of your twin-link abilities 1 warp charge. Far easier to get both of them off every round. Good luck, and let us know how it goes! Wink

1850 DE/Eldar ITC
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: