HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Coven army

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
KaliYuga
Hellion

PostSubject: Coven army   Wed Feb 08 2017, 14:32

So, after this Ynnead thing came out,saying he doesn't like 'munculi, I had the final push needed to seriously start thinking about a full coven army.

Somehow playable?

What are your opinions on the army?

Seems to lack at and the usual de fire at large, compensating with blobs of boosted fnp and buckets of wounds. Not a space marines level wall, but they look like having an aggressive and quite fun gameplay
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Coven army   Wed Feb 08 2017, 14:45

I've tried. Full Covens lacks the firepower to contend with many armies, especially at a higher point value.
Back to top Go down
RedRegicide
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Coven army   Wed Feb 08 2017, 14:46

I am also starting to redesign as a coven army with minimal Kabal support.

My thought is, RRD/CAD with ravagers, reavers, and scourges to give you some much needed AA. I also like medusa and beast pack, im gonna give them a coven-esque look and expand on my haemonculi's creations

As for pure coven, it'll be hard if you limit yourself to three detachment/formations for ITC. CtC & DA are an option, but people say that costs too much. Perhaps try the wrack formation thats 30 wracks, with DA. Turbo in the wracks and WW in a cronos?

Twisted

PostSubject: Re: Coven army   Wed Feb 08 2017, 15:09

Ooh make converted covens versions of standard DEldar units! A'la Modern Synthesist: http://www.modernsynthesist.com/search/label/Dark%20Eldar

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
KaliYuga
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Coven army   Wed Feb 08 2017, 15:44

As i'm the only idiot in my meta playinmg the 3-detach rule, pure dark eldar, against a mass of unbound cheesiness, i guess for this thing i won't, if i start it.

For the kabal support,i'd skip it. I'm not a fan of mixed lists
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Coven army   Wed Feb 08 2017, 16:56

Against Unbound? Are you mad?

That coven Venom is awesome! I won't start a coven army, because I think that is contrary to the idea of pure, perfect and elegant space elf fascists, but I'd go at it that way:
Use a normal dark Eldar army and build slaves as Kabalite Warriors and then add extra goodness like the grotesquerie and dark Artisan and scalpel squadron.

The Dark Eldar Codex sucks. You probably won just because your enemy loaded his dice to loose. Never forget this mantra and spread the word. Mention it in every discussion possible, people can´t get enough of that valuable information and need to be reminded regularely.
+++++END OF TRANSMISSION+++++
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t12720-tainted-reborn
Back to top Go down
KaliYuga
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Coven army   Wed Feb 08 2017, 18:26

Interesting idea this one.

And no,not mad. Just despise the unbound list-making too much to adapt.

The fact I still win is probably due to the fact there isn't much strategical fighting from the opposing deployment zone.
Back to top Go down

Coven army
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Dark Eldar Tactics
-
Jump to: