HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Eldar as allies

Go down 
AuthorMessage
sumguy777
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Eldar as allies   Fri Feb 03 2017, 06:25

so i keep hearing this and that is better in eldar than dark eldar so. what would a basic allied detachment look like complementing a grotesterie and a cad/RSR using MSU strategy?
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted

PostSubject: Re: Eldar as allies   Fri Feb 03 2017, 10:13

The nastiest units Eldar can field (and most of the reason why people say they're overpowered) are Scatter Laser Windriders, Warp Spiders and Wraithknights.

Scatter Laser Windriders can put out a ton of S6 shots, have decent armour, better toughness than most eldar models, are really fast and are obsec. I'd make an argument that they're the best troops in the game at the moment.

Warp Spiders have a nasty gun that wounds against initiative, and a sneaky rule called Flickerjump where they can dart out of range of an enemy during their shooting phase.

Wraithknights are just undercosted compared to how difficult they are to kill.

To make it even stronger, you can take most of these units in formations that give some strong benefits with nearly no taxes. The Windrider Host gives you access to Scatbikes, and the Aspect Host can give you 3 squads of Warp Spiders with +1BS.

That's being pretty nasty at that point tbh, and you'd probably want to gauge the level of your opponents list before rocking up with a Grotesquerie, lots of venoms and a half dozen Scatbike squads...

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: Eldar as allies   Fri Feb 03 2017, 10:59

As mentioned by Ynneadwraith, you can get most of the best Eldar units in formations. You can also take a simple CAD which will give you enough of the good stuff (Jetseer, scatbikes, warp spiders, fire dragons, wraithknight, hornets) with zero tax.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Eldar as allies   Fri Feb 03 2017, 14:54

I also think their Seer Council formation bears mentioning for a ludicrous psychic output with no downside.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Eldar as allies   Fri Feb 03 2017, 16:53

Also, hornets, d-scythe wraithguard(fantastic with a WWP), and farseers in general are great. I recommend either committing to running a lot of psykers, or not really putting more than 1 in your list though. Playing using a lot of psykers makes it almost a different game, since the majority of what you do will be in the psychic phase, and you will have LOTs of options, which can make decision-making difficult and time consuming. Not really noob friendly.
Back to top Go down
sumguy777
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Eldar as allies   Fri Feb 03 2017, 18:42

so formations i should be aware of include..?

Hornet Swarm formation
The Windrider Host
the Aspect Host
possibly Seer Council formation

is that about it? if you had to pick the best one or two to complement an army what would it be?
Back to top Go down
Logan Frost
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Eldar as allies   Fri Feb 03 2017, 19:07

I tried the jetseer council and I've been underwhelmed.
Apoc eldricht storm is fun, but just that. They paid themselves more in CC that in the psychic phase.
Needs a list to support them.
The other formations are the support.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Eldar as allies   Fri Feb 03 2017, 19:31

@sumguy777 wrote:

is that about it? if you had to pick the best one or two to complement an army what would it be?

If I had to pick only 2 detachments that I could use of Eldar, it'd be

1. Combined Arms Detachment for objective secured jetbikes(51 points and can get to any point on the table to take an objective), and flexibility.
2. Seer Council formation for lowering roll needed for psychic powers and creating untaxed access to a pretty serious amount of psychic power.

Another VERY undervalued unit is the Vaul's Wrath Defense battery, which is either excluded entirely or limited to a very small number in all detachments other than a CAD. They're only 30 points each and include a 2 wound gun platform with a 3+, and 2 guardians that normally cost 9 points each. That means you're paying only 12 points for a gun platform that makes your guardians T7 against shooting, and fires either vibro shots(excellent with farseer support), or shadow weaver shots that wound against initiative like warp spiders guns, except they fire blast templates, have barrage, and 48" range.

All that said, using psychic powers effectively can be mentally taxing and time consuming, so the seer council is not for everyone. People will have widely varying results with it from one person to the next because it has a ton of ways to play it, many of which aren't particularly good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eldar as allies   

Back to top Go down

Eldar as allies
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

AELDARI ALLIES

:: Craftworld Eldar, Ynnari, Harlequins & Corsairs
-
Jump to: