HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Pray they don't take you alive... [Kabal of the Frozen Soul]

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Shinobi_8745
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Pray they don't take you alive... [Kabal of the Frozen Soul]   Fri Jun 21 2013, 01:03

Struck by insomania, and tired of painting blue for the moment, I turn my face to my other Dark Eldar army.

I bring you a WIP of my 2nd Razorwing Jetfighter.

The hull is done, all I need to do now is base it, find the missing missiles, the weapons and paint the gems and glass in Incubi Darkness.
Back to top Go down
Shinobi_8745
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Pray they don't take you alive... [Kabal of the Frozen Soul]   Wed Feb 04 2015, 23:25

It's time to expand!

Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice

PostSubject: Re: Pray they don't take you alive... [Kabal of the Frozen Soul]   Thu Feb 05 2015, 04:08

If I saw 6 flyers running at me I'd pull out the Tau
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Pray they don't take you alive... [Kabal of the Frozen Soul]   Thu Feb 05 2015, 08:29

@Lord_Alino wrote:
If I saw 6 flyers running at me I'd pull out the Tau

6? There's 2 more earlier in the thread!

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Shinobi_8745
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Pray they don't take you alive... [Kabal of the Frozen Soul]   Mon Feb 09 2015, 19:14

All fliers are now primed, huzzah!

Also I found my Succubus, based my Sslyth and assembled yet another, very bland Archon.

Back to top Go down
Teetengee
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Pray they don't take you alive... [Kabal of the Frozen Soul]   Wed Feb 11 2015, 03:09

Oh my, that is a lot of bombers....
Back to top Go down
http://heretherebemonsters40k.blogspot.com/
quark!
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Pray they don't take you alive... [Kabal of the Frozen Soul]   Thu Feb 12 2015, 01:03

I'm glad you're updating this plog again as it's one of my favorites. Excited to see what you do with those Sslyth.
Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Pray they don't take you alive... [Kabal of the Frozen Soul]   Thu Feb 12 2015, 05:31

Apart from the arm swaps, how did you convert the Sslyth?

Back to top Go down
Shinobi_8745
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Pray they don't take you alive... [Kabal of the Frozen Soul]   Thu Feb 12 2015, 05:34

I cut loose the tails where they are fused, and used a hair dryer to twist and turn them into new positions.
Back to top Go down
nexs
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Pray they don't take you alive... [Kabal of the Frozen Soul]   Thu Feb 12 2015, 05:47

@Shinobi_8745 wrote:
I cut loose the tails where they are fused, and used a hair dryer to twist and turn them into new positions.
Just the heat of the hairdryer is enough to make them moveable?
Back to top Go down
Shinobi_8745
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Pray they don't take you alive... [Kabal of the Frozen Soul]   Thu Feb 12 2015, 05:59

@nexs wrote:
@Shinobi_8745 wrote:
Just the heat of the hairdryer is enough to make them moveable?
Yes, but boiled up water would suffice too. Smile
Back to top Go down
nexs
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Pray they don't take you alive... [Kabal of the Frozen Soul]   Thu Feb 12 2015, 21:36

I've tried that with the finecast stuff, but it's never worked for me. I might try the hairdryer approach - that's not something i've considered before. thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
Shinobi_8745
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Pray they don't take you alive... [Kabal of the Frozen Soul]   Sun Mar 15 2015, 00:29

I recently thought I'd re-base all my Dark Eldar so that they will look better when taking allies (or being allied) of my Iyanden army.

I also started trying to paint some Harlequins (the old Jes ones) to add to my ranks of different Eldar.

I sadly can't buy any of the new wonderful models (or any models for that matter) this year due to a promise of not to buy any models this year. Too bad I made the promise before I knew that the Harlequins were coming...

Back to top Go down
nexs
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Pray they don't take you alive... [Kabal of the Frozen Soul]   Sun Mar 15 2015, 22:04

I like the diamond leggings, good work!!
Back to top Go down
Plastikente
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Pray they don't take you alive... [Kabal of the Frozen Soul]   Tue Mar 24 2015, 13:42

Awesome army - can't believe I haven't come across it before. The black-and-white scheme is crisp and effective. Can't wait to see all your flyers and sslyth painted.

Back from a long journey in realspace...

Project Log: Kabal of the Bloodspray Corsairs
Flickr: jjtweed's Photostream
Back to top Go down
Shinobi_8745
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Pray they don't take you alive... [Kabal of the Frozen Soul]   Thu Jun 04 2015, 22:48

Finally getting around to paint one of my Flyers, starting with a Voidraven!

I've been very distracted lately with my Black Legion army, but now it is time to get some Dark Eldar done.

I have also decided to re-base my entire army to fit in with my Eldar (and Black Legion).
Back to top Go down
Shinobi_8745
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Pray they don't take you alive... [Kabal of the Frozen Soul]   Sun Jun 07 2015, 01:30

Finished my Solitaire for a game tomorrow to field alongside my Dark Eldar against Adepta Sororitas in a narrative campaign.

Back to top Go down
macknight
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Pray they don't take you alive... [Kabal of the Frozen Soul]   Sun Jun 07 2015, 06:17

awesome work so far! I especially like your color choice of your jewels(dark turquoise).

The vehicles could use some decals to decorate it a bit; your painting of the white looks off on some of your units, try using a soft brush and apply a cross hatch pattern instead of linear for more blending between each thin coats.
Back to top Go down
Shinobi_8745
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Pray they don't take you alive... [Kabal of the Frozen Soul]   Sun Jun 07 2015, 09:20

Thanks!

I'll definitely try that on the next vehicle I get to paint, thanks for the advice.
Back to top Go down
Cavalier
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Pray they don't take you alive... [Kabal of the Frozen Soul]   Sun Jun 07 2015, 12:52

Awesome stuff. That Void Raven is gorgeous! I love how simple everything is.... very striking very intimidating!

Le Maitre Macabre

PostSubject: Re: Pray they don't take you alive... [Kabal of the Frozen Soul]   Sun Jun 07 2015, 17:25

Very nice! Well done on the checkers too, they look great. I like the turquoise too

SC jocolor

study  My Wargaming blog   cherry  :- Objective Secured
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
Shinobi_8745
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Pray they don't take you alive... [Kabal of the Frozen Soul]   Sun Jun 07 2015, 23:14

Thanks everyone!

I got around painting a Sslyth tonight, this was the final result.

Back to top Go down
Shinobi_8745
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Pray they don't take you alive... [Kabal of the Frozen Soul]   Thu Jun 11 2015, 08:24

And... BAM!

When I bought these I thought of painting them as individuals, taking some inspiration from real snakes. I never got around to do so as I thought it wouldn't look ok together as a unit with all the different colours, but then I saw the ones that Sky Serpent had painted, and that gave me the inspiration I needed!

Back to top Go down
macknight
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Pray they don't take you alive... [Kabal of the Frozen Soul]   Thu Jun 11 2015, 08:46

Very cool, uniquely posed individuals, yet cohesive together by armor. What are some of the snakes you mimic from?
Back to top Go down
Shinobi_8745
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Pray they don't take you alive... [Kabal of the Frozen Soul]   Thu Jun 11 2015, 10:31

The black with yellow spots on the side of the head is a Swedish Grass Snake.
The red/white/black one is a milksnake, but I kept the head red instead of black.
The first red one is a red banded garter snake.

These are the ones I remember for now.
Back to top Go down

Pray they don't take you alive... [Kabal of the Frozen Soul]
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Project Logs
-
Jump to: