HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 
 

 More new images. Khaine's Gate shatters!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
TeenageAngst
Incubi
avatar

Posts : 1650
Join date : 2016-08-29

PostSubject: Re: More new images. Khaine's Gate shatters!   Wed Feb 01 2017, 06:18

Harlequins probably lose nothing because they exist in this weird pseudo-faction limbo where no one buys or plays them. Look at Death Masque, they were practically giving them away for that price. GW is probably going to use this as an excuse to undo the horrendous unit requirements currently needed to include them in an army.

_________________
Really terrible videos about tiny plastic space elfs intended to help you get gud scrub:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcZP8WGIhte5TmCWQXsZO4A

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
avatar

Posts : 1229
Join date : 2013-07-09

PostSubject: Re: More new images. Khaine's Gate shatters!   Wed Feb 01 2017, 06:19

I sure hope so.

_________________
For Khaela Mensha Khaine!
Back to top Go down
Painjunky
Wych
avatar

Posts : 864
Join date : 2011-08-08
Location : Sunshine Coast

PostSubject: Re: More new images. Khaine's Gate shatters!   Wed Feb 01 2017, 07:17

@TeenageAngst wrote:
@Painjunky wrote:
Our codex says that khaine's gate opening would be extremely bad for the webway and of course Commorragh. Like spewing out an endless torrent of deamons bad.

Thats why they went to so much trouble to seal it up in the first place. And why Vect has stationed 500 incubi to guard it and several of his arcane super weapons in the chamber.

GW does not read their own fluff anyway so i'm not expecting a coherent story here. confused

Anything they want can happen when Khaine's Gate opens because it's not real.

You dont say. Rolling Eyes

If Khaine's gate is fully opened Commorragh would suffer the same fate as Shaa-dom.
Tho it might take a week and a half.
Back to top Go down
Imateria
Wych
avatar

Posts : 505
Join date : 2016-02-06
Location : Birmingham

PostSubject: Re: More new images. Khaine's Gate shatters!   Wed Feb 01 2017, 13:26

@TeenageAngst wrote:
If they want to draw the CWE players into playing Ynnadi (and thus buying all forthcoming Aeldari models/books) they have to make them at least on par with the CWE in terms of effectiveness. Simply opening up the DE and Harlequin codexes isn't enough, CWE more or less already have that AND fabulous formations to boot. Even ignoring Forge World, they need something on par with 30 Warp Spiders, or the Wraith Host, or the Seer Council. Giving wraith units something disgusting like the old pain token rules might just be enough to do it though.
Why do you assume all Craftworld Eldar players are power gamers only?
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
avatar

Posts : 1650
Join date : 2016-08-29

PostSubject: Re: More new images. Khaine's Gate shatters!   Wed Feb 01 2017, 16:39

Quote :
Why do you assume all Craftworld Eldar players are power gamers only?

The Eldar start collecting box has 3 Windriders and a Jetseer. That isn't a coincidence.

_________________
Really terrible videos about tiny plastic space elfs intended to help you get gud scrub:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcZP8WGIhte5TmCWQXsZO4A

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
avatar

Posts : 1236
Join date : 2016-09-21

PostSubject: Re: More new images. Khaine's Gate shatters!   Wed Feb 01 2017, 16:56

I play Eldar and I'm not a powergamer in the slightest.

Correlation does not imply causation, or allow broad assumptions about populations.

Far more likely is that most powergamers these days have gravitated towards Eldar. That does not imply that all eldar players are poewrgamers, only that most powergamers play eldar (if that's even the case).

_________________
Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
stevethedestroyeofworlds
Kabalite Warrior
avatar

Posts : 170
Join date : 2016-05-22

PostSubject: Re: More new images. Khaine's Gate shatters!   Wed Feb 01 2017, 18:20

@Painjunky wrote:
@TeenageAngst wrote:
@Painjunky wrote:
Our codex says that khaine's gate opening would be extremely bad for the webway and of course Commorragh. Like spewing out an endless torrent of deamons bad.

Thats why they went to so much trouble to seal it up in the first place. And why Vect has stationed 500 incubi to guard it and several of his arcane super weapons in the chamber.

GW does not read their own fluff anyway so i'm not expecting a coherent story here. confused

Anything they want can happen when Khaine's Gate opens because it's not real.

You dont say. Rolling Eyes

If Khaine's gate is fully opened Commorragh would suffer the same fate as Shaa-dom.
Tho it might take a week and a half.
Eh, Vect likely has failsafes in place to deal with stuff. Or can just lock off the area with super shields of some sort.

_________________
"Enemies are everywhere. Wisdom comes from knowing which ones to eliminate first"-Asdrubael Vect
Back to top Go down
Imateria
Wych
avatar

Posts : 505
Join date : 2016-02-06
Location : Birmingham

PostSubject: Re: More new images. Khaine's Gate shatters!   Wed Feb 01 2017, 18:54

@TeenageAngst wrote:
Quote :
Why do you assume all Craftworld Eldar players are power gamers only?

The Eldar start collecting box has 3 Windriders and a Jetseer. That isn't a coincidence.
Thats about as piss poor as excuses get.
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
avatar

Posts : 1650
Join date : 2016-08-29

PostSubject: Re: More new images. Khaine's Gate shatters!   Wed Feb 01 2017, 19:34

I speak from my own experience, and my experience is that every Eldar player is a power gamer, because every one I have met has power gamed even in casual games. I'm sure fluffy Eldar players theoretically exist but not in the NOVA area. They are an enigma to me.

_________________
Really terrible videos about tiny plastic space elfs intended to help you get gud scrub:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcZP8WGIhte5TmCWQXsZO4A

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
avatar

Posts : 1229
Join date : 2013-07-09

PostSubject: Re: More new images. Khaine's Gate shatters!   Wed Feb 01 2017, 19:35

That is obtuse.

_________________
For Khaela Mensha Khaine!
Back to top Go down
Rhivan
Sybarite
avatar

Posts : 346
Join date : 2016-04-03

PostSubject: Re: More new images. Khaine's Gate shatters!   Wed Feb 01 2017, 20:14

As Ynnead has said "Correlation does not imply causation, or allow broad assumptions about populations."

Your experience does not statistically speak for every Eldar player. Your experience is simply your experience and perspective. Nothing more, nothing less.

Can we all now get off the topic of attacking our Eldar Brethren and talk about Khaine's Gate?

Quote :
If Khaine's gate is fully opened Commorragh would suffer the same fate as Shaa-dom.
Tho it might take a week and a half.
Speaking of Shaa-dom I would love if they expand upon that portion of the webway and El'uriaq's lore as what I've read about him I really like (Except for the Daemon part  Sad  )
Back to top Go down
Painjunky
Wych
avatar

Posts : 864
Join date : 2011-08-08
Location : Sunshine Coast

PostSubject: Re: More new images. Khaine's Gate shatters!   Wed Feb 01 2017, 20:41

@stevethedestroyeofworlds wrote:
@Painjunky wrote:
@TeenageAngst wrote:
@Painjunky wrote:
Our codex says that khaine's gate opening would be extremely bad for the webway and of course Commorragh. Like spewing out an endless torrent of deamons bad.

Thats why they went to so much trouble to seal it up in the first place. And why Vect has stationed 500 incubi to guard it and several of his arcane super weapons in the chamber.

GW does not read their own fluff anyway so i'm not expecting a coherent story here. confused

Anything they want can happen when Khaine's Gate opens because it's not real.

You dont say. Rolling Eyes

If Khaine's gate is fully opened Commorragh would suffer the same fate as Shaa-dom.
Tho it might take a week and a half.
Eh, Vect likely has failsafes in place to deal with stuff. Or can just lock off the area with super shields of some sort.

That just seems too easy and lazy.
Why expend an exorbitant amount of resources keeping it guarded if its no big deal?

For the record i don't think commorragh will be totally destroyed i just hope GW puts some thought into it and comes up with a coherent story. Their fluff writing hasn't been great lately. Neutral
Back to top Go down
stevethedestroyeofworlds
Kabalite Warrior
avatar

Posts : 170
Join date : 2016-05-22

PostSubject: Re: More new images. Khaine's Gate shatters!   Wed Feb 01 2017, 21:21

@Painjunky wrote:
@stevethedestroyeofworlds wrote:
@Painjunky wrote:
@TeenageAngst wrote:
@Painjunky wrote:
Our codex says that khaine's gate opening would be extremely bad for the webway and of course Commorragh. Like spewing out an endless torrent of deamons bad.

Thats why they went to so much trouble to seal it up in the first place. And why Vect has stationed 500 incubi to guard it and several of his arcane super weapons in the chamber.

GW does not read their own fluff anyway so i'm not expecting a coherent story here. confused

Anything they want can happen when Khaine's Gate opens because it's not real.

You dont say. Rolling Eyes

If Khaine's gate is fully opened Commorragh would suffer the same fate as Shaa-dom.
Tho it might take a week and a half.
Eh, Vect likely has failsafes in place to deal with stuff. Or can just lock off the area with super shields of some sort.

That just seems too easy and lazy.
Why expend an exorbitant amount of resources keeping it guarded if its no big deal?

For the record i don't think commorragh will be totally destroyed i just hope GW puts some thought into it and comes up with a coherent story. Their fluff writing hasn't been great lately. Neutral
Considering he's only stationed a few hundred incubi in terms of personell, it seems like he's just planning on using it to remove his rivals. And its not like GW hasn't done lazy writing before Razz

_________________
"Enemies are everywhere. Wisdom comes from knowing which ones to eliminate first"-Asdrubael Vect
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn
avatar

Posts : 2665
Join date : 2013-04-04

PostSubject: Re: More new images. Khaine's Gate shatters!   Thu Feb 02 2017, 02:29

I dislike the term "power gamer" when applied to people who play tabletop wargames. It has negative connotations. Tabletop wargames are, at their core, about using the most effective strategy available to defeat one's opponent. Chess was one of the earlier such games.

You will never hear someone who replays napoleonic battles via a tabletop wargame refer to another player as a power gamer. It's a unique occurrence to fantasy tabletop wargaming because the fantasy element draws in people who'd otherwise, perhaps, not be drawn to the wargame element of the entire thing(such as roleplayers from other types of tabletop games). But let's not forget that a wargame is precisely what it is. Don't fault people for playing it.

_________________
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
avatar

Posts : 1650
Join date : 2016-08-29

PostSubject: Re: More new images. Khaine's Gate shatters!   Thu Feb 02 2017, 03:11

I don't fault people for power gaming per se, but my point holds that if people want to run effective lists, which *is* a big appeal of the CWE currently, they have to make the Ynnadi on par with what currently exists. Not all CWE players are WAACs, but they certainly draw that crowd, so much so the boxed kit for them includes the building blocks for their most powerful list.

As for Khaine's Gate, it's going to open, Daemons will pop out, something will blow up, and some event will transpire that will force the Commorrites to play nice with the Craftworlders to a greater extent than they otherwise would.
Back to top Go down
Barrywise
Wych
avatar

Posts : 611
Join date : 2012-11-14
Location : Illinois

PostSubject: Re: More new images. Khaine's Gate shatters!   Thu Feb 02 2017, 06:33

Would it be possible to just "cut off" that portion of the city like a tumor and call it a day? Maybe move it into a sun somewhere?

_________________
Want to chat in real time with your fellow archons? Join our Discord channel -> https://discord.gg/5yhRP7v
Back to top Go down
Fauxmonculus
Hellion


Posts : 37
Join date : 2012-08-21
Location : Reading

PostSubject: Re: More new images. Khaine's Gate shatters!   Thu Feb 02 2017, 11:46

The hate for CWE players makes me sad. As I've mentioned before, I have a friend who plays CWE. He feels unable to participate in 40k forums due to the bile directed against players of certain armies. It's really unpleasant.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
avatar

Posts : 7123
Join date : 2012-04-26
Location : London

PostSubject: Re: More new images. Khaine's Gate shatters!   Thu Feb 02 2017, 11:48

As interesting as this debate on CWE is, can we try to keep to the topic of the thread please? Anyone wanting to discuss that matter can create a new thread if they wish. Thanks - Count Adhemar

_________________

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
avatar

Posts : 1236
Join date : 2016-09-21

PostSubject: Re: More new images. Khaine's Gate shatters!   Thu Feb 02 2017, 12:24

@Barrywise wrote:
Would it be possible to just "cut off" that portion of the city like a tumor and call it a day? Maybe move it  into a sun somewhere?

That is what's happened before, but I think with Khaine's Gate the issue is that it's pretty much directly underneath Vect's crib (which is presumably in the heart of Commorragh).

Still, I don't think they'll irreparably wreck the place so much that it forces the DEldar into realspace.

Even if it does, I've come to the epiphany that it's much better to embrace change in the fluff and incorporate it into the background for your army than worry about it or rail against it. For instance, my Archon's having a ball chopping up daemons with an actual element of risk to dying. Most alive he's felt in centuries. Plus, as a relatively lowly Archon in the power stakes, it's an opportunity to mix things up in the higher echelons too.

As for my Craftworld, I've decided that despite them being Ynnead worshippers prior to the apotheosis, their seers are revolted somewhat by the form that Ynnead has taken. They've decided to extend a warm welcome to this new faction, but keep them at arms length.

See Smile weave it into the story Smile if Commorragh does get overrun, then surely your Kabal has an escape plan Wink

_________________
Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
avatar

Posts : 7123
Join date : 2012-04-26
Location : London

PostSubject: Re: More new images. Khaine's Gate shatters!   Thu Feb 02 2017, 12:39

The new White Dwarf says "...Yvraine cut her way free from the daemonic infestation that rocked Commorragh soon after her ascension". I might be reading more into this than I should but 'rocked' doesn't sound like Commorragh is going to be obliterated.

_________________

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
avatar

Posts : 1236
Join date : 2016-09-21

PostSubject: Re: More new images. Khaine's Gate shatters!   Thu Feb 02 2017, 12:43

Agreed Smile

It was just that even if Commorragh is obliterated, doesn't mean the Dark Eldar are in any way done for...

_________________
Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
Scrz
Sybarite
avatar

Posts : 347
Join date : 2015-01-23

PostSubject: Re: More new images. Khaine's Gate shatters!   Thu Feb 02 2017, 13:08

Oh Vect is sure to have a plan B.
Unless GW forgets their own fluff again...

Haemonculus coven supplement wrote:
999.M41 THE GATEWAY AJAR Beneath Commorragh, the occult phenomena haunting Khaine’s Gate intensify to a daunting degree. As the thunderous pounding on the other side of the portal increases in frequency and volume, the elders of the Dark City prepare for a Dysjunction of dimension-shattering magnitude. Each Coven looks to the future in its own way, enacting ancient failsafes and putting long-honed plans into action. Rumours of Neocommorragh, an exclusive sub-realm that Vect has created as a shelter against the coming cataclysm, are whispered in boudoirs and bordellos across the Dark City. The future looks uncertain indeed.
Back to top Go down
Calindor
Hellion
avatar

Posts : 39
Join date : 2012-11-14

PostSubject: Re: More new images. Khaine's Gate shatters!   Thu Feb 02 2017, 13:24

Vect is really a wonderful character. I really hope that GW will keep him around.
Back to top Go down
Barrywise
Wych
avatar

Posts : 611
Join date : 2012-11-14
Location : Illinois

PostSubject: Re: More new images. Khaine's Gate shatters!   Thu Feb 02 2017, 14:42

At most it sounds like the city took a glancing hit and not a pen. I'd expect Vect to implement a giant soul trap over the exposed gate or something and take advantage of what he's got.

_________________
Want to chat in real time with your fellow archons? Join our Discord channel -> https://discord.gg/5yhRP7v
Back to top Go down
Draco
Kabalite Warrior
avatar

Posts : 211
Join date : 2016-02-01
Location : Chicago

PostSubject: Re: More new images. Khaine's Gate shatters!   Thu Feb 02 2017, 15:52

Warhammer 40k's FB page just dropped this....


Back to top Go down
 
More new images. Khaine's Gate shatters!
Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

 :: News & Rumours
-
Jump to: