Share | 

2,000 pts - Full Dark Eldar list

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RoMS
Slave

PostSubject: 2,000 pts - Full Dark Eldar list   Mon Jan 30 2017, 01:31

Hello,

I've just entered this forum and am a Dark Eldar beginner. The goal is to build a 2,000pts army list before I start buying my models. I live in a area where people tend to be power creeps and narrative play ends up being on the back burner. However, I don't want to sacrifice fluff for cheesiness.

That's why I'd like to keep my list to only the Dark Eldar codex and the Haemonculus Coven codex. (Maybe afterward I'll look into a eldar detachment with the upcoming fracture of Biel-Tan).

The core of the army is centered around the Corsethief Claw and Dark Artisan formations. I really like the concept of attention carnifex that it gives and the idea of having so many monstruous creatures on the board for a DE army.

As such, the army would look as such:

Corsethief Claw Formation: 650 points

• 1 Talos (120 pts) with Ichor Injector (10 pts)
  • 1 Talos (120 pts) with Twin-Linked Haywire Blaster (10 pts)
  • 1 Talos (120 pts) with Twin-Linked Haywire Blaster (10 pts)

Dark Artisan Formation: 325 points

• 1 Haemonculus (70 pts)
  • 1 Cronos (100 pts) with Spirit Probe (25 pts)

Realspace Raider Formation: 1,024 points

• 1 Lhamaean (10 pts)
  • 1 Dedicated Transport: Venom (55 pts) with Splinter Cannon (10 pts)

• 5 Kabalite Warriors (40 pts) with 1 Blaster (15 pts)

• 3 Reavers (48 pts) with 1 Heat Lance (10 pts), 1 Cluster Caltrops (15 pts)
  • 3 Reavers (48 pts) with 1 Cluster Caltrops (15 pts)
  • 3 Reavers (48 pts) with 1 Cluster Caltrops (15 pts)

• 1 Ravager (110 pts) with Night Shields (15 pts) and 3 Dark Lances (3*5 pts)
  • 1 Ravager (110 pts) with Night Shields (15 pts) and 3 Dark Lances (3*5 pts)

Total: 1,999 points

So here is the list, please critique and advise for what tactica I could use with this little concentration of firepower and monsters!

Many thanks for anyone answering!
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: 2,000 pts - Full Dark Eldar list   Mon Jan 30 2017, 02:47

You have a realspace raider(RSR) formation, but only use 3 fast attack slots. That should be changed to a Combined Arms Detachment(CAD) from the main rulebook so that your warriors and their transports have the "Objective Secured" rule. The CAD benefits are leaps and bounds better than the RSR formation's benefits if you aren't utilizing the 6 fast attack slots.

Aside from that, it's a very monster-centric list. I recall reading that you've just returned after a 9 year hiatus. You should be aware, before spending all this money on models, that space marines have access to a new weapon type called "grav guns". They wound on whatever a model's armour value is instead of wounding normally, and have AP2. So they'll wound all of those monstrous creatures on 2+ or 3+ and deny them an armour save. Grav spam also happens to be the most commonly fielded space marine tactic at the moment.

I'm not saying don't buy the models, but you should be informed of the current meta before you do.

PostSubject: Re: 2,000 pts - Full Dark Eldar list   Mon Jan 30 2017, 04:50

Reaver spam is a really good way to counter the meta based on all that I've read. Perhaps drop a formation for more reavers?

Slave

PostSubject: Re: 2,000 pts - Full Dark Eldar list   Mon Jan 30 2017, 05:34

@BetrayTheWorld wrote:
I'm not saying don't buy the models, but you should be informed of the current meta before you do.

Thanks for answering.

I want to play that monster centric list because I really like to concept more than I want to win. Also I think that basing a list based on a potentially FAQ'd or overturn system in the futur is not interesting per se. I just really like the DA and the CTC.

The RSR formation has that cover save rule for the first turn, isn't that a big turndown not to use this formation for a more common one? Losing the first turn and not being able to seize would become very harmful for the army list.

In case, like Red REgicide pointed out, should I drop a Kabalite squad and their venom for more reavers?
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 2,000 pts - Full Dark Eldar list   Mon Jan 30 2017, 05:48

First, please dont post individual item costs, GW has a tendency to sue for such things. Just post the cost of the whole unit.

As Betray said, grav is a very common thing. You need more units for objective grabbing. Lastly, ObSec on troops in a CAD formation really help improve the usefullness of our units/ transports
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: 2,000 pts - Full Dark Eldar list   Mon Jan 30 2017, 11:04

The extra rules from RSR aren't anything compared to the loss of objective secured by not taking a CAD instead. Objective secured wins more games than any other single special rule.

2,000 pts - Full Dark Eldar list
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: