HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Inriam's Specter

Go down 
AuthorMessage
lelith
Sybarite

PostSubject: Inriam's Specter   Mon Jan 16 2017, 02:38

The Death Masque book explicitly says that the harlequin components (e.g., specter) are limited only to harlequin formations, while those of Death Watch can be used in both formations and detachments. My friend, who told me this, thus claimed that I wouldn't be able to use the specter in the masque detachment.

What do you think about this? It seems reasonable first, but then I'm very confused as it looks very natural to hire the specter in the masque detachment from everyone's list

mrmagoo
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Inriam's Specter   Mon Jan 16 2017, 15:16

Unfortunately RAW says no you couldn't.  Its does specifically say FORMATIONS.  That is not something I noticed till I saw Count in the other thread you asked this in.  I always did put it in Detachments.  

Take the detachment, throw a Inriam Spectre in there and then take the Hero's Path.   Now you have 2 Death Jesters with Shrouded. Smile  Guess I will need to change that for future games.

PS Battle Scribe does let you do this with the Masque Detachment.
Back to top Go down
DEfan
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Inriam's Specter   Mon Jan 16 2017, 21:10

I typically put Inraim in a Cast of Players to increase the survivability of those troupes. I have also run him in the Masque, as Battlescribe allowed it, so this is indeed news. Thanks for the heads up!

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Inriam's Specter   Tue Jan 17 2017, 06:37

Thanks all. @DEfan, yes that's also my answer for this issue. I'm considering a traditional masque detachment + cast of players (specter here).

Though it's so disappointing to abandon run&charge ability as well as not being able to confer Crusader to other harlequins (why just for CWE&DE???).

LSK
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Inriam's Specter   Wed Apr 19 2017, 13:18

Sorry to necro this post, and maybe it was asked/anwered somewhere else, but could you take Inriam's specter as part of a Ynnari Elite slot?

or maybe it is limited to "Formations" inside a Reborn Warhost?
Back to top Go down
WildCandy
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Inriam's Specter   Wed Apr 19 2017, 13:38

Only Harlequin formations under Reborn Warhost.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: Inriam's Specter   Wed Apr 19 2017, 14:07

Specifically, he can replace a Death Jester in The Heroes' Path, Cast of Players or Cegorach's Revenge formations.

Amusingly, the Deathwatch special characters/squads can replace corresponding entries in either formations or detachments, but the Harlequin special characters/squads can only replace them in formations. Yet more Imperium bias from GW or just lack of proofreading and editorial oversight?

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
lelith
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Inriam's Specter   Wed Apr 19 2017, 17:01

It's just another consistent imbalance GW has ever given us Wink

like the notorious phantasm grenade against ATSKNF or stealth for our skimmers in contrast to cover+1 for the others, etc.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inriam's Specter   

Back to top Go down

Inriam's Specter
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

AELDARI ALLIES

:: Craftworld Eldar, Ynnari, Harlequins & Corsairs
-
Jump to: