HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Imriam's Ghost and Grotesques

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Myrvn
Sybarite

PostSubject: Imriam's Ghost and Grotesques   Tue Jan 10 2017, 03:14

I've used a webway delivered squad of grotesques for quite a few armies and they don't do a whole lot the turn they come down (no real guns). Has anyone used Imriam's Ghost in a similar squad? It gives Shrouded and the gun could be combined with the negative leadership armor on a succubus.

Webway in to cover, may take a wound, but probably not. Use Shrouded to tank incoming fire. Then have the Succubus with the armor near a unit and have the Jester shoot it for a -4 on leadership. It gives the unit a decent shooting attack the turn it arrives as well as durability.

Granted it comes with a hefty tax of half your army being harlequins, but if you're going that route anyway...

Has anyone used this combo?
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Imriam's Ghost and Grotesques   Tue Jan 10 2017, 12:24

You hit the nail on the head regarding the Tax. To do this, half your points get tied up with Harlie units. But if you are going that route anyway, shrouded would be amazing on a Grot unit (you could try to go Grotesquery for obvious reasons, but also to limit your "DE Tax").

If you could also throw in a shadowseer with the Mask of Secretes (and shriek), it could also put out a fair amount of hurt the turn it arrives.
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Imriam's Ghost and Grotesques   Tue Jan 10 2017, 14:04

This is where I'm hoping the true value for the potential Harlequin named character for Fall of Cadia comes in.

Far fewer tax Harlequins.

Oh, and Death is Not Enough would also stack nicely with the Grotesquerie's Freakish Spectacle debuff...

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Imriam's Ghost and Grotesques   Tue Jan 10 2017, 16:13

Something tells me that this Named Shadowseer will just be like the Named Deathjester. Just another model you can swap out in existing formations. Still no "HQ + Troop" option for the space-elf-clowns
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: Imriam's Ghost and Grotesques   Tue Jan 10 2017, 16:37

I made up my own HQ unit. Linky

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Imriam's Ghost and Grotesques   Tue Jan 10 2017, 16:47

Hmmm, I think you might be right. No 'Great Harlequin'-style thingy for a proper CAD (thanks Count!).

Still, Inriam's Spectre is pretty solid Smile

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
Archon Vitcus
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Imriam's Ghost and Grotesques   Thu Jan 12 2017, 21:51

You've been using grots wrong lol.

Don't wwp them, stick them in raiders and bomb it across the board. By wwp you lose not one turn, but two, with them.

Inriams spectre though could have uses if he's there but not much way of bringing him. Cast of players? He's bound to the squad. Heroes path, he can't join units. The only way is to take a large tax just for one model to benefit a squad
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Imriam's Ghost and Grotesques   Thu Jan 12 2017, 22:08

There is nothing wrong with WWPing in Grotesques and is the best application for vanilla ones. So what if you lose 2 turns of play? You're losing the turns we're bad at.
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Imriam's Ghost and Grotesques   Fri Jan 13 2017, 00:15

Both options are viable.
Back to top Go down
Archon Vitcus
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Imriam's Ghost and Grotesques   Fri Jan 13 2017, 09:46

Wwp grots, they may come in turn 2, they may not. When they eventually arrive, they can't assault. And that's a chunk of your army being useless in reserve or standing about/running. Not to mention intercept if there is any. With the raider option, they are already on the board and can get into position quickly for a turn 2 charge. Backed up right they can do a large amount of damage early in the game instead of waiting for them to finally arrive.

Only time I've wwp them in was when i used a 10 man squad (due to restrictions) and watched someone go pale as they arrived lol
Back to top Go down
Myrvn
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Imriam's Ghost and Grotesques   Sat Jan 14 2017, 18:52

From a model restrictions point, I only have 5x grotesques. And the conversion i have takes three different sets, so I'll probably be stuck with five for a while. So sadly my ability to use the unit is limited to a CAD for the foreseeable future. I've typically aimed for a webway delivery to have something in the enemy backfield to minimize fire away from the rest of the army.
And with only one unit of grotesques, most people will kill that raider before it leaves the deployment zone. (even hiding behind terrain)

So that was the reason for trying Inriam's. And I've been tinkering with Harlequins since I have two Masque boxes now.

Thanks for the ideas. It sounds like trying Inriam's in a webway deployment may work. I'll post up how it goes after trying a game or two.
Back to top Go down

Imriam's Ghost and Grotesques
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Dark Eldar Tactics
-
Jump to: