HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ynneadwraith
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;)   Sat Jul 22 2017, 10:05

Don't be scared little one, that's Zeerses. He's one of our best fighters, not that there's much of him left by now. Knew him as a boy. He was a fighter then too.

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;)   Sun Jul 23 2017, 23:07

Latest messing about Smile I usually find I've got enough bits knocking around to make 80% of half a dozen ideas I have, and then I have to order bits for the rest. What that tends to mean is there's quite a while of nothing and then everything comes at once when the bits order arrives Smile this one's been waiting for ages!

What's that boy? Haven't you seen a Charlemagne before?

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;)   Sun Aug 06 2017, 19:24

Mutant...xenos...who cares? Either way it's shoot on sight

Three things that are constants in the Scar. Strife...Sand...and Scalies. Blighters are everywhere

Back to top Go down
masamune
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;)   Mon Aug 07 2017, 11:20

All around fantastic conversions, I'm kinda jealous :3

Nice idea for the new wings for Celestine, it looks great.

I have a question about the Tzaangor, where does his sword comes from ? It doesn't seems to be from regular set..

Dark eldars ~4k points / Battle sisters ~2k points
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;)   Mon Aug 07 2017, 12:22

Thanks man!

I like how the wings look on Celestine, but I think I underestimated how delicate the scrolls are that hold her up. With the heavier wings she's in definite danger of snapping them :S

The big 2-hander for the Tzaangor is from the AoS Tzaangor kit I think. I tend to buy the vast majority of my bits from bits sites, so I'm not 100% sure but it's definitely a Tzaangor part Smile

Back to top Go down
masamune
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;)   Mon Aug 07 2017, 14:15

Okay thanks.

If you're having trouble with Celestine, you can still reinforce her by adding some ruins underneath to support the weight.
At my local GW, a guy did this with some ruin clusterf*ck all around, and a pillar rising behind Celestine, broken on top (might have pinned celestin to pillar).

All around it blends well with the miniature (the scrolls are turning around the pillar) and feels safer. But a little less aerial :/

Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;)   Mon Aug 07 2017, 14:17

Yeah that would work Smile

To be honest, all she needs is another line of scroll coming down (angled perpendicular to the other two) to triangulate her and she'd be a lot more stable. Alas I'm not going to buy a whole second Celestine to get another scroll though :S

Back to top Go down
masamune
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;)   Mon Aug 07 2017, 14:26

Haha yeah. I wanted to give mine knucles, chains and stuff to be more lore friendly (and ressemble more the old miniatures) but it felt like really complicated with all the gravity stuff.

If you're intereseted I can show you mine, I might have some picture here and there (she's currently exposed at my local GW with greyfax <3 )

Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;)   Mon Aug 07 2017, 14:36

Yeah I'd love to see yours Smile

Chains is a brilliant idea. Part of the reason I used the spikier wings is I didn't think the regular Greyfax looked gothic enough. Some trailing chains and incense burners would do wonders Wink

Back to top Go down
masamune
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;)   Wed Aug 09 2017, 09:42

Sorry for the long time to respond.

Here she is Smile

Pictures:

IRL the metallic parts tends to looks better (used 5-6 layers if I remember xD) but the pictures aren't great + retreived from facebook, after compression.. Sorry for ~qualtiy

Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;)   Wed Aug 09 2017, 12:20

No worries Wink she looks stunning Smile really nice work.

Back to top Go down
masamune
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;)   Thu Aug 10 2017, 11:20

Thanks Smile

Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;)   Fri Aug 11 2017, 00:53

"It's the scalies man. We think they're these stupid little critters but they're up to something. I can feel it. See, I made a map. Look. Can you see it? The pattern of what they're taking. They're up to something man."

"Have you been smoking the holy oil that dodgy Tech Priest sells again Len? You know what that stuff does to your brain."

Big scaly take us places looong time ago you see. Floating all over stars. Big scaly dead now, but no problem. We smart. We build float-ship. Star Priest take us up to see other scalies. When all scalies together you will see. Won't be you hunting us then. You will see big fella. - recording recovered from the remains of a looted maintenance servitor. A hoax, in the opinion of this expert. It is known that scalies do not have the capacity to learn Gothic.

Back to top Go down

Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy making ;)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Distractions
-
Jump to: