View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ynneadwraith
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: First bunch of Kabalites...   Fri Jan 20 2017, 12:12

No probs Smile sounds like you were onto a good idea as it is Wink

Looking forward to seeing them finished Smile

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
Ricardus
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: First bunch of Kabalites...   Fri Jan 20 2017, 20:28

Another better ( I hope) picture, you can at least see (or glimpse hehe) it's not that yellow!

url=https://servimg.com/view/19107082/18][/url]

By doing some research concerning the eventual gold scheme for the splinters, I found that texture page: https://www.shutterstock.com/fr/image-illustration/gold-metal-golden-texture-polished-background-433609234

I kind of like the brassy look of some of these, trying to find an inspiration...

As for the skin, I thought about Captain von Harlock's humanoids, palish greenish flesh (thought about a mix of VGC Dead and Elfic flesh):
Back to top Go down
Ricardus
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: First bunch of Kabalites...   Sun Jan 22 2017, 21:10

Work in progress...

Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: First bunch of Kabalites...   Mon Jan 23 2017, 00:02

Ah that is a lot more muted/less neon which is good Smile

I really like them! especially the pallid, almost jaundiced skin-tone. Love the OSL around the eyes. Overall very nice indeed! Smile

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
Ricardus
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: First bunch of Kabalites...   Thu Feb 02 2017, 23:31

Very glad you like it! My tests fulfil my initial woshes, I'm very satisfied!

So now, what do you think of the gold scheme for the splinters? I only painted the barrels and still hesite to paint the whole weapon except the reload part. I wanted a polished and kind of 'used' rendering, I didn't use any washes to keep the shine of the metal as you advised me:

Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Klaivex

PostSubject: Re: First bunch of Kabalites...   Fri Feb 03 2017, 09:14

That´s a nice colour scheme. With rifle and all.
I really really like it, the only Thing that is looking off, is the Skin of the faces not covered with helmets. In my mind, Dark Eldar are very very pale somehow. But that is just my Interpretation.

Keep on going, I like it!

The Dark Eldar Codex sucks. You probably won just because your enemy loaded his dice to loose. Never forget this mantra and spread the word. Mention it in every discussion possible, people can´t get enough of that valuable information and need to be reminded regularely.
+++++END OF TRANSMISSION+++++
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: First bunch of Kabalites...   Fri Feb 03 2017, 10:17

Looking good dude Smile love the shiny purple of the armour. Do you have a gloss coat on it?

Back to top Go down
Ricardus
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: First bunch of Kabalites...   Fri Feb 03 2017, 22:31

Thank you very much guys, you helped me a lot targetting my colour scheme.

Tried some OSL on the splinters and tubes, same blue as the eyes.

Can't wait to be done with these guys and start painting my Scourges and Venoms.
Back to top Go down
Ricardus
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: First bunch of Kabalites...   Tue May 16 2017, 09:14

Here are they, finally based. My apologies once again for the average quality, I lack basic knowledge of how to take good pictures... Tell me what you think!
Back to top Go down
E_50_Panzer
Slave

PostSubject: Re: First bunch of Kabalites...   Thu May 18 2017, 15:55

Nice work, as you improve, that scheme is going to look better and better. I like the basing, it blends very well with the armor. The glowing effects add a nice pop.

If you're looking for any constructive criticism, I would say that the armor has the appearance of looking a little thick.

As for taking pictures, I find its best to put a piece of paper against a box, and photograph the models on that, with room lighting and perhaps a lamp or two in the background to brighten the scene.
Back to top Go down
Ricardus
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: First bunch of Kabalites...   Fri May 19 2017, 21:37

I have the same impression as you for the thickness of the armour, maybe my layering is too thick or maybe it's a lack of fineness in the finer points of the armour, maybe by improving my stroke with the brush will improve that? I don't know yet.

I wanted some kind of melting snow on iced earth (not the band!) for the bases and well, I think the result is ok!

On my future posts I'll try to show you all better pictures with that process.

Thank you for your feedback and advice!
Back to top Go down
E_50_Panzer
Slave

PostSubject: Re: First bunch of Kabalites...   Sat May 20 2017, 03:21

I think the thickness is coming from the amount of layers you used, are these guys using all the colors you said you used on the first page? Maybe you could cut out a few to make it faster and thinner.

Back to top Go down
Ricardus
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: First bunch of Kabalites...   Mon May 22 2017, 09:57

I thought about it, maybe I should skip some phases to get more thinness, for example the one mixing the blue and the purple, and maybe use a thinner medium on the Kantor blue, which is quite thick being a base colour. Should also be more precise and put less and less paint as far as I go toward the edges. Perhaps I should then have better results.
Back to top Go down
Hen Tai, the tentacle guy
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: First bunch of Kabalites...   Mon May 22 2017, 12:18

Looking good! I would however do a teeeeny tiny white dot in the eyes of the helmets to improve the glowing effect.

PostSubject: Re: First bunch of Kabalites...   

Back to top Go down

First bunch of Kabalites...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: