HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
fisheyes
Wych
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Fri Feb 10 2017, 01:05

@Ynneadwraith, I have heard your summons from the depths. Apologies all, it will be some time before I am able to make my final run on Realspace to conclude this Season.

Glad to see the Slave Games are progressing in my absense. I will also concur that CWE will count towards your SP. After all, a tabletop game is only one small portion of the overall battle. I am sure that the real True Kin presence is elsewhere having "fun" while the CWE are left to deal with the entrenched enemy positions Wink
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Fri Feb 10 2017, 10:36

Glad to have you back dude Smile I think we've decided to make it a rolling thing until we can work out how long each season should be. In any case, 3 games per season feels a little short so we'll do a bit of playtesting and see what feels right Smile

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
Rhivan
Sybarite
Rhivan

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Sat Feb 11 2017, 18:28

I personally like the Seasons idea the most with each season being 3 months this would 1 allow for some big point totals to rise and more people trying to participate long term.

Some thoughts I have for this would be limiting the amount of games people can have. Now we could make this a flat 2 Raids per week kind of thing, or we can limit that to only the people in the top 3. (But having a cap would be useful and if I'd say a max of 5 games per week and I think we can all agree that is a bit much)

Another thing we could do is hand out awards (In SP) for achieving certain things (Mario Party Style) so the person who does the most raids may get 10 extra slave points (the amount is arbitrary and we should agree on it), or the guy who got the most SP in one mission.
Make fun little incentives to do wacky things to get that small bump to go that extra mile (Like going hard mode and not wiping out a single unit in shooting and getting all CC kills gives a +10 or something)

Ideas to spice up the Slave Games and make them feel more alive would be fun.

Since we haven't done any advertising think we should make a thread in general discussion promoting it? (Ynnead if you'd like to do it, otherwise I could)

BTW Welcome back Fisheyes!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now onto the show!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I apologize that all of my games have been with my Ork friend, it's just I've been teaching him how to play, along with the rest of my friends who play Warhammer won't be able to play for a while. So I'm gonna rack up slave points against a Horde army each game xD

Game 1:
So this was my foes first 750 game and he asked for me to 1. Take him seriously (Like a serious list that I run against most other people) and 2. Field the scary monsters he's seen in my box (My Pain Engines)... It was interesting to fit them in a 750 list.
It was also his first objective game (and the first one I've had in 3 months)

Drukhari: 748

CAD

Lhamaen w/ Venom (Duel Cannons)

x5 Kabalites w/ Venom (Duel Cannons)
-Sybarite with Haywire
-Blaster

x5 Kabalites w/ Venom (Duel Cannons)
-Sybarite with Haywire
-Blaster

x3 Reavers
-Heat Lance
-Cluster Caltrops

Dark Artisan Formation (I kinda felt bad about this but he insisted...)
x1Talos Pain Engine
-Heat Lance
-Ichor Injector

x1Cronos Parasite Engine
-Spirit Probe

x1 Haemonculus (Warlord)

This is a super downsized version of my 1500 and 1850 list and it was interesting to run xD

Orks: 751

CAD
x1 Warboss (Warlord)
-Big Choppa
-Eavy Armor

x1 Weirdboy

x10 Boyz w/ choppas

x10 Boyz w/ choppas
-Eavy armor

x5 Burnaz

Painmob

x1 Painboy

x1 Deff Dread
-x2 big shoota
-x2 Power Klaw
-Grot Rigging

x5 Nobz w/ Trukk
- Eavy armor
-Boss Nob w/ Big choppa

x10 Boyz w/ choppa
-Eavy armor

Warlord Traits
Drukhari: Strategic Table- I got Infiltrate on non Vechicle units
Orks: Reroll run and charges (I think this was command)

Deployment
I got to deploy and go first (My poor friend has only gone first once ever and that was a seize...) and I deployed aggressively (I apologize for forgetting to get the battlefield picture for you all) and he hid behind buildings.We had nightfighting. We both had units on the objectives (2 for each of us and 2 in the middle) my Reavers  infiltrated close to objective 4, and my Dark Artisan got as close to his Painboy and Burnas who were camping objective 2 as they could. The Nobz trukk on Obj 6

Drukhari Turn 1: So the first thing I did was disembark some Kabalites on Objective 3 and flew my venom off to get a better vantage on some orks (and objective 4), my Lhamaens venom dropped off the Lhamaen at Objective 1 and also flew off to get a better vantage. Then the last venom flew over to objective 5 and sat there looking at a giant horde of Orks and a Deff Dread (It was a two story building so I felt a little safer about it)
then all of my venoms shot as many Boyz as they could, quite a few boyz near Obj 4 died as 1 venom and 3 reavers shot at them. Some ones with the eavy armor took only 3 casualties from 2 venoms of fire Sad and the Kabalites on obj 5 (in the venom) tried to Blaster the Deff Dread to no avail.

The Reavers assaulted the Boyz near 4 and took out 5 of them leaving 2 remaining which killed 1 reaver but then they failed their morale and failed a fleeing wiping the unit. The Dark Artisan charged the burnas and their overwatch while scary (8 hits) my Artisan shrugged it off without any wounds. (They passed all of their FnP attacks from my Talos... but my Cronos stepped in and showed him up killing 2) the Orks failed to wound the Artisan and the Burnas made a leadership check... and they ran too but they tried (and failed) to run to getting eaten by my Artisan... Leadership is fun! (Downside is the Artisan was too far away to do anything for the rest of the game. So they kinda camped Obj 2 for the rest of it.)

That was 7 CC from the Boyz and 4 (3 for HQ+1 for CC) for the Painboy that was cut down, and 5 more for the Burnas so I got a lovely 16 SP just from this round alone...

Orks Turn 1: The Nobz Trukk moved forward slightly (trying to stay on Obj 6 and unloaded his Nobz which he proceded to run closer to my lonesome Lhamaen. The Deff dread and the 2 remaining Eavily armored Boyz moved up looking at Obj 5 as he had gotten the card for Obj 5

Psychic phase he tried to get a small blast off on my Venom on 5 (but I stopped it) and then during the shooting phase he fired everything he could onto the venom but 3+ and the Orks balistic skill only made me take 1 wound on the venom.

Assault phase his Deff dread failed to make the charge, his boyz also failed to make the charge

Drukhari Turn 2: My Dark Artisan was happy where it was, My Kabalites on Obj 3 were happy where they were, my Lhamaen edged as far away from the Nobz as he could while staying on the objective (all the objectives but 6 were on buildings so it was slightly safer) and  my lhamaen's venom moved to hit the Nobz

Shooting Phase, The Lhamaens Venom shot at the Nobz putting 1 wound on them, the Empty Venom at obj 4 shot at some boyz in armor killing 3, the Venom on 5 shot the other squad which had the weirdboy shaving off a about 4 of them. The Reavers actually moved right behind the Deff Dread and got a heat lance shot off, it hit, it penned, and got a 1 so crew shaken. Orks having to snapfire Oh no! The Kabalites tried to shoot a Blaster at the Deff dread and it did jack, the Haywire grenade though made it in.

Assault phase the reavers did an assault move and got the heck outta dodge. (9 inches on a building away) and that was it.

Orks Turn 2: His Deff dread (which at this point has 1 hull point remaining) got on the same building as my venom. His 2 squads of Boyz started going after the Reavers. His Nobz got closer to the Lhamaen.

Psychic phase he tried eadbanger on my reavers and failed. Shooting his Deff dred popped my venom. Thats it. But the Kabalites were a little more worried.

Assault phase! The Deff dred charged and made it in, my grenade and blaster shots both missed. and then in CC my Sybarite threw 1 haywire grenade and it hit, and it glanced. My opponent was very upset watching his murder machine get killed by a grenade and started saying he wanted haywire grenades and that his army will loot them.

I imagined this scenario as the Deff dredd climbing onto the building (the building had 2 stories) and the face of the dred looking at the kabalites and saying "Got ya you pointy eared gits!" and then the sybarite throwing a grenade at his face, him malfunctioning and falling off the building to his death.

So one SP for killing a Deff Dred Razz (I wish I shot it to death for 2 xD )

Turn 3: Drukhari my Reavers got real close to the Boyz with the Weirdboy attached and rapid fired their splinter rifles into them killing 2. Obj 4 Venom and the Squad softened up the other squad, and the Lhamaens venom shot into the Nobz that were getting to close to my Lhaemaen (I don't wanna pay 3SP to heal her!) and I killed 1 nob, and wounded another.

Assault phase my Venoms charged the Weirdboys squad and I rolled a 6 for my cluster caltrops, and evisterated the squad. (there were 4 Boyz and 1 weirdboy in that squad) they consolidated away from the other Boyz.

Orks Turn 3: His Boyz ran over to my Kabalite squad and shot them, the Nobz ran right next to my Lhamaen and the Trukk kept camping Obj 6

Assault Phase the Boyz charged the kabalites and missed, the Nobz charged the Lhamaen and she put up a good fight, killing 2 of them (the wounded one and a full Nob) before being crushed by the Boss Nobs Big Choppa

Drukhari Turn 4: Both of my surviving venoms and my Kabalite squad shot at the Nobz wiping the Nob and the Warboss off the field, my opponent then conceded the game.

We then proceeded to joke about the Dark Artisan doing nothing and the Deff Dreds haywire fiasco.

SP per round (Note I am going under the fact each HQ kill is 3 additional points as it's said on the page)
16 from turn 1
1 from turn 2
10 from turn 3
5 from turn 4
1 from concede

So I got 32 points from this game, the cost of the list is 7 points, and 3 for ressurecting the Lhamaen. So I have a net gain of 22 SP
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Mon Feb 13 2017, 15:47

Good ideas Rhivan Smile I like the idea of a 3-month season, allowing a decent turnaround of seasons but still enough time to claw back setbacks Smile

I love the idea of doing a couple of different awards so there's more stuff to fight for Smile

1. Highest total SP
2. Most Slave Points garnered in a game
3. Most impressive thing killed in CC
4. Most improbable kill
5. Most efficient raider (best average SP per game)

Nice game too Rhivan Wink I appreciate your friend's dedication to the fluff claiming that he'll loot your Haywire Grenades Wink

The little fluff piece is on its way too Wink I'll update the leaderboards when it's done Smile

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Mon Feb 13 2017, 16:12

I'd definitely like to get down on the next season.
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Mon Feb 13 2017, 16:26

One of us. One of us. One of us.

Absolutely Smile you can join in now if you like. Might pip one of those new awards above Wink

Back to top Go down
The goat
Hellion
The goat

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Mon Feb 13 2017, 21:23

I too, should like to join when next season arrives... or now if possible. Wink
Back to top Go down
Rhivan
Sybarite
Rhivan

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Mon Feb 13 2017, 21:30

@Jimsolo @The goat The season started in January and will end in march (That way we have 4 seasons a year), most of the people participating have only had 2-5 games so far (Heck Ynnead and Myca haven't posted a raid yet! They only are on the list because of a project log so it's not hard to catch up Razz ) so getting in now is perfectly acceptable and welcomed. Heck you could still easily win!

As you can see we are still trying to tweak the rules to fit so imagine this one as the trial season the test one so joining in now and helping work out the kinks in the system is encouraged along with getting more people participating.

@Ynneadwraith we should clarify the rules and add the seasons thing onto the leader board. I think it'd also be best if we make a new topic each season to keep things from getting too cluttered.

Finally I think we may need to edit or tweak the Haemonculus loan system do we want it, so if we can't pay off our loan within 3 raids we should probably make them suffer a consequence. We shouldn't kick them out of the games but having some sort of downside would be effective (That is if everyone wants this)

Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Mon Feb 13 2017, 21:59

An adjudication: vs St Celestine, does she only count for the manner of her final death?

I shoot her and her unit to death. She gets back up, resurrects a Geminae, and charges. My CC unit kills both of them. How many SPs?
Back to top Go down
Rhivan
Sybarite
Rhivan

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Mon Feb 13 2017, 22:02

I'd say Celestine counts only for her final death. As for her Geminae I want to give you points for each kill, but they are being resurrected rather then replaced so if we want to go with Celestine being an utter pain to get SP off of, final for both, if we want to laugh maniaclly as we try to farm points off of her then Geminae do give points each time.

As for points 4 for Celestine (as 3 for HQ 1 for CC) and 2 for the Gemini (1 per CC kill) as you killed each (for the last time!) for a grand total of 6 points for Celestine (I think this is the fairest way to play it)

I'm going to go with the former, although i'm totally open to changing my mind with discussion Smile

(Although that gives me the funny mental image of Dark Eldar acting like a bunch of MMO players farming the Geminae for extra XP, gear, or in our case Slave points)
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Tue Feb 14 2017, 04:14

The Kabal of the Bladed Lotus has entered the field!

Slaves Taken
5 Rhinos (7 SP)
Squad of 2 Whirlwinds (2 SP)
4 Black Templar crusader squads (21 SP across 4 assaults)
St. Celestine and her Girl Scouts (5 SP)

Losses
Fire Dragons (-1 SP)
Howling Banshees (-1 SP)
Succubus (-3 SP)
Windriders (-1 SP)
Swooping Hawks (-1 SP)

Total: 28 SPs accrued.

Fortunately, the Bladed Lotus's Craftworld Allies bore the brunt of the casualties, allowing their own forces to escape with the bulk of the loot!

((The fact that the game ended before 25% of my opponent's army ever made it onto the board probably helped my victory, if I'm being honest here...)
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Tue Feb 14 2017, 13:39

Archon Rhivan tapped his finger nervously against the arm of his throne, surveying the veritable tide of greenskins being dragged from his Raiders. Most profitable, his last raids had been. With these belligerent fighters he'd be able to buy much favour with the Succubi. The ghost-sight that his half-living state had gifted him had alerted him to some unknown entity lurking around the great colosseums. An entity that felt caught between the veil of life and death. An entity he must investigate, for which he'd need to purchase arena tickets for all his agents. His finger stopped tapping. 'More,' he barked at his second in command, 'bring me more'.

However, Rhivan was not the only denizen to notice the entity's presence. Uriel Rakarth's contraband psykers had felt it too. Acting on this, he had dispatched his favoured Kabal, The Bladed Lotus, to fetch him some of his favourite sorts of playthings, determined to be prepared for what this entity might bring. Leathery skin parted in a smirk as they hauled their cargo into Commorragh.

Meanwhile in realspace, the burning frame of an Avatar stood amid a field of corpses. Blood was pooling across the battlefield, bubbling and boiling as it neared the daemon's molten body. Hearts were cut, and sacrifices made. The God of Murder was more than sated today.

Leaderboard updated Smile

I think I've got it right Smile let me know if I haven't.

@Rhivan so far the Haemi loan thing seems to have been a little academic. No-one's really come close to failing it, so I wonder if a little rethink might be in order. Any ideas?

Jimsolo, what's the initial setup cost of your army? Sort of debating the above, but if the other guys have had to pay for their first lot then it'd be good to keep a level playing field Smile

Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Tue Feb 14 2017, 13:59

Ah, I missed that. I'll update tonight. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Tue Feb 14 2017, 13:59

No probs Wink

Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Tue Feb 14 2017, 14:01

Cost is 1 SP per unit, looks like?
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Tue Feb 14 2017, 14:02

Yes Smile I'll have to get back to you as to whether dedicated transports are included in that. I've got a vague memory that they're not...

Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Tue Feb 14 2017, 14:27

The earlier post on this page makes it look like they aren't.
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Tue Feb 14 2017, 14:35

I thought they weren't, but was scanning our earlier pages Smile thanks!

Back to top Go down
The goat
Hellion
The goat

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Tue Feb 14 2017, 16:14

Okay so my first game went like this ( and not as good as I would have liked it go...):

Game is Heralds of ruin with my friend, were both fairly new to it so we decided that the only objective was....annihilation.

List was:
Leader:  Syren

Core: 5 x kabalite warriors
          2 x hellions
          3 x reavers, 3 uses of cluster caltrops
Special: 3 x blood brides

His was:

Leader: Black Templar sword brother, replaced his boltgun with chain sword

Core: 6 x initiates, replaced boltguns with chainsaws?

Special: 2 x terminators, 1 x  sternguard veteran

Slaves taken:
4 x Initiates(CC - 8SP)
1 x Sternguard Veteran(CC - 2SP)
1 x Terminator(CC - 2SP)
2 x Initiates(S - 2SP)
1 x Sword Brother(S - 19SP)
1 x Terminator(S - 1SP)

Total: 19SP
Losses:
5 x kabalite warriors(-5SP)
2 x Hellions(-2SP)
1 x Reavers(-1SP)

Total gained: 11SP
Amount left to pay the Haemonculus: 3SP
Back to top Go down
Rhivan
Sybarite
Rhivan

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Tue Feb 14 2017, 20:14

BTW guys I apologise for leaving walls of text each time I post it's not intentional... I just am responding to everything in one go xD

@Ynnead Well then I think the best way to start this is one of two ways.
1.) The first raid is free and all the SP you earn after your first game is your treasury, after that you have to pay for units from said treasury
(It is simmilar to how I've been playing this entire time as the first thing I did was cut off all debt I have, and then just pull from my SP stack to pay for each raid (which pays for itself and then some)

(Although if we do this I would like us to add our first raids SP costs to those who did pay I'm pretty sure I did...)

2.)We start everyone off with 10 SP and then they build their collection from there.

I favor option number 1 and we just cut the Haemonculi entirely (as some of us are playing Haemonculus covens and it seems silly to be in debt to another coven if they can help it)

Quote :
1.) SlavemasterHighest total SP
2.) Slaver?: Most Slave Points garnered in a game
3.) Trophy Hunter: Most impressive thing killed in CC
4.) Defiler of Fate: Most improbable kill
5.) Pragmatic Realspace Raider RazzMost efficient raider (best average SP per game)
Let's include these on the leaderboard and make it so people can start gunning for these achievements.  I have a few thought I'd like to see if everyone approves of though
More Acheivments:

You may have noticed I've added names for these things, I wanted them to feel grand, like an achievement to do so instead of "I killed the most wraithknights" it's "I am the Titanslayer." names can vary as these were simply the first draft of the names.

On a different note nice tying my Kabal into the Ynnari.

@Jim it's 1 SP per model slain by CC (Not squad (I add this because I'm not sure if you mean unit as squad or individual model)), and 2 SP for a shooting kill by sqiad(Just clarifying in case I misread your question which I may well have Smile )

As for your game looks like a profitable and fun game!  Out of curiosity does the slave games rules change the way you plan/play your army? Or do you play largely the same?

@Goat Well Kill-team is certainly a scary way to play the Slave Games xD You unfortunatley can't pull a squad to retreat to save some points (Which I totally haven't done in my recent games  Rolling Eyes )
I haven't tried them against marines but I really enjoyed the utility Sslyth brought to the list being able to shoot and charge effectively. (Plus T5 is nice in killteam imo)

Well guys welcome to the Slave Games! I'm probably not going to be able to hold 2nd place for long... Razz
Back to top Go down
The goat
Hellion
The goat

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Tue Feb 14 2017, 20:25

Oh, one question. Do you have to replace units you've lost? Not that I wouldn't have replaced all mine, but for future games...
Back to top Go down
Rhivan
Sybarite
Rhivan

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Tue Feb 14 2017, 20:28

Quote :
Oh, one question. Do you have to replace units you've lost? Not that I wouldn't have replaced all mine, but for future games...
I thought of the same thing when we were making the rules, but decided against it. (Would be fun though and pretty realistic for an Archon, but mechanically abuseable)
Back to top Go down
The goat
Hellion
The goat

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Tue Feb 14 2017, 21:42

Ah, OK. I guess it makes sense when you think that you could simply not revive half your force and play at half the points.
Back to top Go down
Rhivan
Sybarite
Rhivan

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Sat Mar 04 2017, 04:13

Hey guys anyone have a game recently? (I've been holding off on posting because I don't want to have 30 more then anyone else) Any Ynnari batraps you guys want to share?
Back to top Go down
The goat
Hellion
The goat

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Sat Mar 04 2017, 10:28

I am hoping to fit one in this weekend, but may not be able to. Sad My hopes aren't especially high, so I would just go ahead if I were you, depending on what other have to say.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   

Back to top Go down

Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Realspace Raids
-
Jump to: