HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Rhivan
Sybarite
Rhivan

Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22 2017, 22:28

Well against Orks, Tyranids, and Guardsman they stay in units, but for every other army you are correct.

So in my case I didn't cheat the system, but it could very well happen against every other army so we may want to tweak that in the future.
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26 2017, 13:18

I'm sorry. I didn't intend to suggest you had done anything of the sort. Only that the system itself allows no balance between shooting/melee in killteam.

Are you playing heralds of ruin killteam by chance? I didn't think those armies stayed in squads in the GW killteam rules, but I don't play them so I may be mistaken.

Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26 2017, 14:45

Hmmm, you are right about balance in Kill Team. Is it necessary to balance melee vs shooting at that level?

What would people suggest?

The other issue with Kill Team is what constitutes a 'unit' given that most models are targeted individually. Would we want to assign 1 SP per model at the Kill Team level, both for captives and army-building? That would balance Kill Team games against normal games (given that they take about as long, just on a smaller scale).

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
Rhivan
Sybarite
Rhivan

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26 2017, 20:36

@The Red King wrote:
I'm sorry. I didn't intend to suggest you had done anything of the sort. Only that the system itself allows no balance between shooting/melee in killteam.
Oh no once I heard you mention that I had realized that I could have if I went against a different army, so that's why I mentioned it and would like to fix it.

@The Red King wrote:
Are you playing heralds of ruin killteam by chance? I didn't think those armies stayed in squads in the GW killteam rules, but I don't play them so I may be mistaken.
I think I mentioned that but we didn't realize Battlescribe didn't support it, so we used the normal killteam list building (It is possible to make it with normal Killteam) but we used the rest of the rules of HoR (We had every intention of playing that but screwed up last second xD)

@Ynneadwraith wrote:
The other issue with Kill Team is what constitutes a 'unit' given that most models are targeted individually. Would we want to assign 1 SP per model at the Kill Team level, both for captives and army-building? That would balance Kill Team games against normal games (given that they take about as long, just on a smaller scale).
Personally I would like it that way that way my Killteam games aren't minor bumps in points. But I'd like to hear others thoughts on it.

@Ynneadwraith you forgot to put me on the leaderboards btw.
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27 2017, 00:08

That I have!

Thought I'd get the points values for Kill Team sorted as you might be out of points Wink I'm keep to have Kill Team points as per model. That way it's more balanced against larger games and leaves it open for people to play what they want and still have a shot here Smile

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31 2017, 09:42

Well, I have made an executive decision and Kill Teams shall be counted for each model you kill (and your army shall cost 1 SP per model) Smile 1SP for shooting, and 2SP for CC

Rhivan, what are your new scores and I'll add you to the leaderboard Smile

Back to top Go down
Rhivan
Sybarite
Rhivan

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31 2017, 20:14

2 SP in CC in Kill Teams Ynnead? You may be regreting that decision when you see the gains I get from this.

1st Game:
So my list cost me 2 SP (1 for troops and 1 for FA reavers)

I killed 5 guys in close combat netting me 10 SP, he had 14 other boyz and I killed those in shooting getting me 24 SP, but I lost 3 reavers in this plus the expenses for fielding the army netting me 19 SP for the first game.

2nd Game:
So my list cost me 2 SP (1 for troops and 1 for FA reavers)

As I stated in my post I got 14 points in CC but since CC kills are 2 points I gained 28 points from that, and assuming I killed the rest in shooting (Which I did both games as we played to the last man because we never routed!) then I gained 5 from shooting, No casualties as the dice loved me that game, sooo 33 points gained, costs would be 2 for the list, leaving me with a net gain of 31 points.

Factoring in the loans for both lists into the my gains (as you can see above) I'm walking out of my two little patrols with 50 SP.

(NOTE: It may be better if it's 1 point per kill period as if we did that my gains would be 31 instead of 50)

EDIT: @The Red King I'm sorry but as I was rereading the posts here I read your fluff piece and I rather enjoyed it, It's different to see a Dark Eldar Kabal dedicated to Khaine. I like it!

Last edited by Rhivan on Wed Feb 01 2017, 00:50; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31 2017, 23:03

Hmmm, I think you might be right about the 1SP for any kill in Kill Team!

Also, I was intending for your Kill Team to be costed at 1SP per model as well, so that should bring it down slightly as well. What does it stand at then?

Back to top Go down
Rhivan
Sybarite
Rhivan

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01 2017, 00:41

Quote :
Also, I was intending for your Kill Team to be costed at 1SP per model as well, so that should bring it down slightly as well. What does it stand at then?
Didn't think to factor that into list making...I should've known with those kind of point gains I was doing something wrong xD. As for where it stands then, a lot more reasonable, If we go with 1 point per kill I'm going to say kill team is very unprofitable because with 2 overwhelming victories with majority CC kills I would net 7 points, if we do 2 per CC kill then I would net 26.

7 with an overwhelming victory is not great IMO, as if you don't overwhelmingly win then that makes posting Killteam batraps something no one will want to do in the Slave Games.
But I will say 26 is REALLY Good but I was going against a CC focused Ork army so it's not surprising. (I now need to find a Blob Guard player xD)

So 2 per CC kill more reasonable now IMO.
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01 2017, 00:59

Well thanks for being the guinea pig for Kill Team games Wink looks like 2SP for CC kills and 1SP for shooting balances quite well against larger games Smile

I shall update the leaderboard!

Back to top Go down
Rhivan
Sybarite
Rhivan

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01 2017, 01:24

Well I think Kill Team is balanced in a very interesting way compared to normal. If you look at it most of our lists will have at least 10 models meaning we'll probably have to pay MORE SP for a Kill Team list then a normal list, but if you do CC well you could theoretically net more points as well. (Well against a Horde Army)

Are we dealing with Routes in Kill Team the same way we deal with Surrenders in normal? (Speaking of which if you win on points at the end of the game in a normal game do we count that as each surviving enemy unit is captured similar to surrenders?)
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01 2017, 05:42

A regular army at 1850 will usually run 10+ units so depending on the size of games you play killteam has less buy in/upkeep cost.

I believe the surrender rule "when originally implemented" was meant to compensate for games the opponent had to call or chose to call.

It will probably take play testing to determine the best way to handle it.

My vote is actually still on running a seperate set of "games" for tracking killteam as blanket rules aren't likely to cover both without some imbalance.

Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04 2017, 00:03

Well, I've been putting a lot of thought into this and I think it's probably better not to do a split table for bigger games and Kill Team, balance issues aside. For one, it'd just be Rhivan playing against himself which is no fun at all. Secondly, it does actually seem to be reasonably balanced (Rhivan's had 2 very good K/T games, and is at ~2/3 of your score which is the result of 3 very good games too so seems to fit). Thirdly, we wouldn't want to discourage anyone from participating just because they haven't got a full army up and running yet Smile

If we discover that it's horribly unbalanced somehow then we'll split it, but for now it seems to be ok Smile

Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04 2017, 00:05

I agree with your analysis. Though if there was another league I'd pay killteam too lol.

Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04 2017, 00:20

Good stuff Smile no reason you can't play Kill Team here Wink Rhivan's proven that it can prove rather...lucrative if you're lucky Smile

Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04 2017, 00:24

Do we have any idea on more people? I don't want to lose of course but I would like to see more archons in the competition.

Also is this a year long challenge and if so are you limited to your first 3 game run?

Sybarite
Rhivan

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04 2017, 06:11

Well since I'm here I thought I'd add a few things (I also have 2 more games to add to the list Razz )

For Killteam I'd say if we have edited rules that match the general point discretion we can get it close enough in our forum and if we get enough participation then we can split to Slave Games Major and Minor leagues Razz
(Also I'm moving out of Kill-Teams for the most part as the main reason I was playing them was because most of my friends haven't been able to play Warhammer for a while and my D&D group has gotten interested in it, the first guy (Plays Orks) has finally gotten 500 points so we've moved to those games now, previously he only had the start collecting)

Quote :
Do we have any idea on more people? I don't want to lose of course but I would like to see more archons in the competition.
Perhaps we should do some advertisement/raise awareness on the general forums? After all our word has been from Realspace Raids and Kabals of the Dark City exclusively so far.
Requesting some of our more prominent members on the forum to post some games. (And Email Skari possibly to post some reports on here to get some press, as he seemed interested initially), last but not least we could put a link to the games on our signatures (as you see I've done Razz )

And finally maybe Count Adhemar or other Dark City staff would be willing to give a Signature Banner for Victors of each seasons Slave Games as I've seen them around on some of the older members.

Quote :
Also is this a year long challenge and if so are you limited to your first 3 game run?
The plan I proposed and was agreed in the original forum was doing it in seasons. so Season 1 would span from January - March, and Season 2 starts in April and ends in June (Last day of)

Now Onto the Games!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Game 1
General Info: So this was my Ork friends first ever 500 point game (and real warhammer game really) so I thought I'd do my best to match his list, since his used Start Collecting as a core, I decided to do the same. (During this game I actually forgot I had given my Kabalites haywire grenades and a blaster...) It's also shocking how much the Slave Games affect my lists and tactics as I've actually gone out of my way to think of how I can maximize my slave points in games.

I'm going to apolgoize as I didn't keep track of where I got each SP from CC or Shooting (I simply tallied them when I got them on my Phones Calc as I didn't want to keep my opponent waiting I apologize and will do so in the future)

Dark Eldar:
Purge Coterie:

Archon 155 points
-Armor of Misery
-Agonizer
-Dedicated Venom Transport (Extra Splinter Cannon)

Court of the Archon (YAY being able to take them if you have an Archon!) 75 pts
x3 Sslyth
(These guys road with my Archon in the raider)

x5 Kabalite Warriors 135 pts
-Sybarite Haywire Grenade
-Blaster

Raider 70 pts
-Splinter Rack

[bx3 ]Reavers[/b] 63 pts
-Cluster Caltrops

If I calculated this right this will cost me 5 points do correct me if I'm wrong.

(Warlord Trait and Combat Drugs wise I got the same traits both times which was a shock. The Move through cover + stealth WT and +1 Toughness for the reavers... I felt bad about how good these were for my opponents first game)

Orks
Painmob:

Painboy
x5 Nobs
Deff Dread
x10 CC Boyz

No upgrades on his units

Allied Detatchment:

Weirdboy
x10 Shoota Boyz
x5 Burnaz
-Dedicated Transport Trukk

The Board
Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread! - Page 3 5290015229277001211%253Faccount_id%253D1

So I had first turn and he did not seize, we did roll nightfighting.

Turn 1 Dark Eldar: I deployed aggressively and charged forward shooting the Shoota boyz with Reavers, Both Venoms, Kabalite Warriors (who I thought had all splinter rifles :/ ), and my Sslyth. My Raider shot the truck with the dissy cannon and pen'd it causing a (can't remember what it's called but stops movement next turn)

Turn 1 Orks: He charged forward with everything (Only then did I realize the size difference between a 4x4 and a 4x6 board xD) and I feared for my reavers lives. He shot at me with everything and I lost only 1 reaver (mucked up a 2+ Cover save.) the Ork player is INCREDIBLY lucky when it comes to rolling 6s and 5s. He'd consistently get at least 2 fives to hit with his Big Shoota.
When Assault phase came I feared for my Reavers lives (thankfully he failed the charge)

Turn 2 Dark Eldar: The Deff Dread was staring at me and I thought the only anti-tank weapon I had was a dissy cannon at best so I moved my raider behind the dred hoping to get a HP off on it and I failed Sad I then got the Sslyth inside to shoot some Nobz, my Venoms kept shooting at the Boyz (One shooting the Choppas and the other the Shootas) and my Reavers got into CC with the Shoota Boyz that I was softening up (I forgot to mention he had a weird boy with them) Unfortunately I only killed a few Boyz in that fight.

Turn 2 Ork: He hit me hard the Deff Dred CCd a Venom and destroyed it (It exploded on the poor Kabalites inside and wounded all of them, although only 2 died thanks to some nice 5+ armor and 6+++ FNP rolls), he Took his Burnas out of his Trukk and destroyed my Raider and killed 2 Sslyth.  (Much sadness was had and many Orks rejoiced as in Killteam Captain Wagh hates my Sslyth) He also killed 1 of my other reavers in CC (I still had the Cluster Caltrop one and he hit and ran outta combat) and his Nobz charged my remaining venom and only caused 1 wound surprisingly, which was then saved by a good flickerfield save.
At this point I thought that my Ork friend had turned the tide in his favor.

Turn 3 Dark Eldar: I moved my Venom outta CC and looked over the Burnas who dared to lay a finger on my Sslyth and moved my Archon and remaining Sslyth on the ground near the Trukk, my Reaver shot the remaining Ork Shoota and Weirdboy (killing the Shoota leaving the Weirdboy) the Burnas were poisoned without mercy but the last was saved for my Archon's splinter pistol... The Deff Dread seemed to be staring at my Archon as his next victim. I was hoping that I wouldn't lose my Archon (and 3 SP!) My Reaver then got into CC with the Weirdboy and Cluster Caltroped him to death.  

Turn 3 Ork: The Deff Dred walked towards my Archon Menacingly... and shot my Venom instead for some reason... *shrug* the Venom passed all of it's 3+ cover saves (Stealth is a good mechanic when I'm have it, just me though Razz ) The Nobz after losing the Venom, decided to just stand in some ruins and survive my venom's poisonous rage, and he got his Trukk to shoot his big shoota at me Sslyth and miss. (Oh and his last remaining Shoota boy moved forward a little)

Turn 4 Dark Eldar: I meleed the trukk to death with my Sslyth, shot the lone boy with my reaver jetbike, and my opponent asked if we could just end the game as he wanted to do another and we only had an hour left, (We called it a tie so... do I get consession points from that because if so I get 2 points from the 2 remaining units (and do you get the extra 3 from a warlord conceding? I wouldn't think so)

I gained 13 points from this (15 if we count him asking to end it as a tie for time as a concession) and 5 point cost leaves me with an 8 (or 10) point profit. I didn't have to pay to resurrect as no unit was wiped out (although all of them were on the verge of death)

(As i've written this I'm thinking I should try to take a picture every round to help my descriptions as I think they are quite haphazard and all over the place)

Game 2
General Info: I still didn't realize my Kabalites had anti-tank capabilities (I had to wait an hour between list building for this army and actually playing... I should've looked over it honestly) and I instead took out the splinter racks, added haywire grenades to my Archon, and gave my Raider a Dark Lance and Chain Snares

Drukhari:
Purge Coterie:

Archon 160 points
-Armor of Misery
-Agonizer
-Haywire Grenades

Court of the Archon (YAY being able to take them if you have an Archon!) 75 pts
x3 Sslyth
(These guys road with my Archon in the raider)

x5 Kabalite Warriors 135 pts
-Sybarite Haywire Grenade
-Blaster

Raider 70 pts
-Chain Snares
-Dark Lance

[bx3 ]Reavers[/b] 63 pts
-Cluster Caltrops

Orks
Painmob:

Painboy
x5 Nobs
Deff Dread
x10 CC Boyz
No upgrades on his units

Allied Detatchment:

Weirdboy
x10 Shoota Boyz
x5 Burnaz
-Dedicated Transport Trukk

The Board (I'm afraid I took this image a little later then deployment I apologize. (Also for the poor angle))
Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread! - Page 3 3365566644370362874%253Faccount_id%253D1

Turn 1 Drukhari: This time I deployed on the tops of towers and was going to take advantage of my long range, my Raider shot it's Dark Lance at the Deff Dred and it pinged off (Don't ask how Anti-matter can do that) and my venoms shot at the Boyz (Focused on the Choppas this turn)

Turn 1 Ork: He moved everything up. His Trukk with Burnas, his Deff Dred, his Choppas, Shootas, and Nobz (His Nobz were out of position and the least of a threat) he ran everything he could and ended his turn.

Round 1 was exciting

Turn 2 Drukhari: Remembering my annoyance of the Deff Dred last game I shot it again with my Dark Lance, and I penned it, then I watched it explode. It was absolutely hilarious to watch my Captain Wagh's Reation (New name for Ork Player until someone suggests a better one), I then poured some shots into the choppas but mostly his shootas, doing minimal damage thanks to bad rolls. I also moved my venoms away as his Burnas were getting to close for comfort this turn. Oh and my Reavers ran up and engaged his choppas in melee.

Turn 2 Ork(hari): He moved up his Trukk, unloaded his Burnas, which were an inch too far from my venom with the warriors (woot!). His Shootas shot at my raider and caused 1 HP on it oh well.
He didn't do any assaults and I felt it hurting him (that and the lack of Deff Dred that thing was annoying the previous game)

Turn 3 Drukhari: My Raider moved up and unloaded my Sslyth and Archon, they didn't do any shooting (as they were going to help out my reavers). My 2 venoms sorrounded the Burnas (NO ESCAPE!!!) and shot them into oblivion (2SP Very Happy) while I shot the Trukk with a Dark Lance with a glance (So starting our almost game of cat and mouse with Raider vs Trukk. A truly elegant battle Razz ) The Archon and Sslyth charged in and they along with the reavers killed all but 2 of the choppas.

Turn 3 Orks: The Trukk drove backwards away from my raider, missing it's shots while it went (in the typical ork fashion) and his Shootas charged into combat with the Sslyth and Reavers to aid the Choppas. Speaking of which half the Shootas were killed before they could attack because minimizing losses is a good idea Gogo high initiative!

Turn 4 Drukhari: My Raider continued hunting down the Trukk (failing to wound), The reavers failed to do anything against the choppas and the shoota horde was slimmed down.

Turn 4 Orks: The Nobz charged in and failed to do any wounds to my Sslyth bad rolls had really hurt my Orky friend this game. As for the damage I did I put 1 wound on one of the Nobz. The Choppas were also killed during this time by the reavers.

Turn 5 Drukhari: The Kabalites who have had furious charge for a turn got their Venom to swoop down near the combat and let them have some fun. At which point  the Reavers charged the Nobz from behind, while the Kabalites charged into to tear through the shootas. The Archon beat a Boss Nob in a challenge and then the Sslyth killed 3 more Nobz. It wasn't pretty. Oh and the Trukk was Dark Lanced to death via explosion (I got really lucky this game with explosions)

Turn 5 Ork: The Orks all died. The Painboy, the Shootas, the Nobz. They died before then even had a chance. Surprisngly the Kabalites pulled their weight pretty well (I thought they would be pummeled and threw them in for laughs but they didn't do that bad) With that I killed his entire army.

I got a total of 24 points from this one, so the net gain I got from this was 19 as the list cost me 5 points.

So the total amount of points I got was either 37 (If the Tie game concded doesn't count) or 39 (if it does)

@Ynneadwraith if you want to write up some lore for the battles you can.

Sorry everyone for the giant wall of text!
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04 2017, 06:26

I didn't realize it was still going. I thought it was a 3 game run where you buy in for 3 games trying to pay off and exceed by the end of 3.

Also, this doesn't affect the scoring; but are you unbound? Barbarians lol.

In relation to scoring, if we do not pay to resurrect vehicles do we not claim points from them?

My assumption is that no bonus points are awarded on a surrender other than the 1 per unit.

And I may have misunderstood but you said you shot the burnaz to death for 2 points. Was it 2 squads?
Back to top Go down
Rhivan
Sybarite
Rhivan

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04 2017, 06:32

I may be wrong but how I interpreted it is you have to pay the loan off in 3 games or your out of the season (Or take a huge point drop), but I may be wrong as the season idea was in the old thread. I would say @Ynneadwraith would be the best source as he is running the slave games thread, although from how we've talked about it I thought it was going to be a long term thing.

As for unbound no I went with a Purge Coterie (Start Collecting) Formation, and in the Court of the Archon rules on the Codex it says if you take an Archon you can take a Court as a non force org.

Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04 2017, 06:35

Some of my post was directed for Ynnead.

And I'm silly. The start collecting includes reavers lol.

Sybarite
Rhivan

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04 2017, 06:38

Oh from the slave games thing it says 2 points for shooting squads to death
Quote :
CC kill = 1 SP/ MODEL killed
-Shooting kill = 2 SP/UNIT killed
-HQ kill = 3 SP (in addition to any CC/Shooting SP for the HQs demise)

As for bonus points per unit I didn't add more then that did I? (Except for the Warlord as I'm not sure how we are dealing with that)

Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04 2017, 06:52

The warlord is all i was referring to. You asked and I said what I thought the answer was. Or at least as I had scored it in the snee situation.

Also I'll go back and look but I'm sure I did 2 points for each unit shot down. I need a nap lol

Lastly what constitutes a viable army. Since my Kabal worships Khaine and I have active conversions and such in my CWE, incubi as scorpions, dark elf cold ones as shining Spears and the avatar of Khaine as the avatar of Khaine.

Can it still be considered a viable battle to post with only 250 of the 1000 being (rules wise) actual dark eldar.

That's a game mod question but I welcome input on the matter.
If it's viable I have quite the game to post.
Back to top Go down
Rhivan
Sybarite
Rhivan

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04 2017, 15:33

Quote :
The warlord is all i was referring to. You asked and I said what I thought the answer was. Or at least as I had scored it in the snee situation.
Just making sure. Sorry for asking twice.

Quote :
Lastly what constitutes a viable army. Since my Kabal worships Khaine and I have active conversions and such in my CWE, incubi as scorpions, dark elf cold ones as shining Spears and the avatar of Khaine as the avatar of Khaine.

Can it still be considered a viable battle to post with only 250 of the 1000 being (rules wise) actual dark eldar.

Personally I would say it's allowed if we want to be technical there are still Dark Eldar to take slaves,

As for fluff I'm even more supportive of it as if it fits your Kabal's lore then I'm 100% ok with it (As long as it's written in the fluff clearly as we've seen with yours, and it sticks to only Eldar factions) I also think Ynnead will be supportive of this considering all the conversions he's done for his Exodites.

Finally thought from a practical standpoint though if we don't accept them now how are we going to deal with the Ynnari (And Corsairs for that matter)? I mean they will have all Eldar troops within their ranks so... I'm for it (Besides if a Craftworld is desperate they could get some slaves to trade with the Dark Eldar for something)

Quote :
Well post it man! If it's not "legal" we can just not count it and see an awesome game of the followers of Khaine.
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 05 2017, 05:09

Okay, so it was a little 1000 point game where my friend wanted to dust off some IG and I wanted to try out some aspect warriors.

His list was
Command squad w/master of ordinance and some other guy.

2 platoons or however they work. Basically he had 4 10 man squads that clumped into 2 20 man squads. And then 2 seperate 5 man "mini command squads" idk what they are.

2 heavy weapons teams

A 10 man squad with primaris psyker in chimera

A leman Russ battle tank

5 wyrdvane psykers

My list was

Autarch on bike w/power sword and banshee mask.
2× 5 rangers

Aspect shrine:
×2 5 scorpions w/exarch with claw
3 shining spears w/ exarch

Dark eldar
Lhamaen in venom w/dual SC

5 warriors w/blaster in dual cannon venom

4 Mandrakes.

I apologize if the recap is a bit hazy. I wasn't intending to report it.
So it was tactical escalation maelstrom mission. My avatar, bikes and troop venom were on the line. My rangers and Mandrakes infiltrated on my own backfield objectives and the scorpions infiltrated slightly ahead of my deployment.

Guard had turn 1, no night fight. He moves evening forward and between all of his shots he killed 3 rangers on my left flank and 2 on my right. His master of ordinance scatters wildly. My venom are forced to jink almost all game trading shots with his heavy weapons teams. They survived but they only cause a few wounds here and there.

My turn 1 I know I have to kill the ignores cover granting command squad so I turbo my bikes back there. My scorpions can't make it to more cover and so they move as far forward as they can. My avatar and blaster manage to explode the Russ for first blood and not much else happens.

His turn 2 he prepares to fire on my autarch and Spears. The crazy mother actually dropped his master of ordinance plate on us both killing his comand squad and 2 of my bikes. (I can't score this in my mind because my units didn't do it). Further shooting kills the spears and autarch and I think 2 of my 5 scorpions on the left.

My turn 2 things get crazy. My scorpions on the left kill 2 men with pistols before charging in. Scorpions on the right make a long charge into 1 heavy weapons team and my avatar charges a 20 man blob after killing 1 with shooting.

I win every combat taking a single wound on the avatar. 19 SP from running down the squad in CC....plus 9 from the scorpion kills on the left and 2 from the scorpions on the right for 30 points.

His turn 3 was dire and he mostly shot the 3 scorpions on my left flank. But thanks to stealth and 3+ armor they survive with 1 man. His wyrdvanes charge my right side scorpions and die for 4 SP after losing 1 to overwatch.

My turn 3 the avatar charges the other 20 man blob (shooting 1) for 19SP and my right side scorpions charge a mini command squad for 5 more SP. At this point he calls it granting me 1 for his remaining mini squad and 1 for the heavy weapons.

So 38 guardsmen dead to the avatar in CC.
9 guard to my left scorpions in CC
11 dead to my right scorpions in CC
2 surrender points

10 point buy in and 2 points to resurrect my units for a net 48 points... I don't know if we can count this game because running down 2 guard blobs is kind of flukey.

It was great to see the Avatar actually do things though.

Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07 2017, 17:23

Well! Somehow I've managed to miss all the activity on this thread :S I think my notifications are playing up as they don't seem to be coming through apart from email...

I second advertisement! I'll stick something in my sig for starters Smile I remember Myca saying he had a game or two planned, but he hasn't been around much recently so he's probably busy :S speaking of which, has anyone seen @fisheyes around recently?

Love the idea of a signature banner for the winner in the awards Smile great plan! I'll message the Count now.

As for the length I must admit I hadn't thought that far ahead! We did intend it to be a longer term thing, possibly ongoing, which would tie in nicely with the awards Smile

I'm also all for allowing your whole army to be capturing slaves, rather than just the pure DE parts. If it's your army then they do what you tell them to! I think Fisheyes had a good idea with a doubles game where only his army collected points which is probably the only time you'd need to do that Smile

Nice games guys! Good to see the True Kin out there kicking some ass Wink I'll sort out the leaderboard and get a little fluff blurb written for you Rhivan Smile any sort of artistic direction you'd like?

Oh, and running down 2 Guard blobs in CC is surely just shrewd target priority by your Archon Wink

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!   Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Welcome, one and all, to the first annual Slave Games Thread!
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Realspace Raids
-
Jump to: