HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

2k Slave Games - CSM vs DE/Necron

Go down 
AuthorMessage
fisheyes
Wych

PostSubject: 2k Slave Games - CSM vs DE/Necron   Mon Dec 19 2016, 16:37

So yesterday the forces from the Coven of the Gilded Mirth attacked Realspace after receiving a generous donation of slaves from an unknown benefactor. I am using the rules developed on the http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14588-inter-kabal-writing thread.

The game ended up being a little weird due to various constraints. It was against a 2k Emperors Children army (using the new rules) where the DE were running 1k list with a Necron 1k ally. As such, I am not going to be taking credit for the Necron kills (but the joint kills were brought screaming back to the Dark City Wink  ). We ended on Turn 3 due to the store closing, but both sides were aware of this on Turn 2 and planned accordingly. Don’t know what their tactical marines are called, so they are just called Tactical marines for my purposes.

Approximate Lists:
EC (2k)
(1) Lord (very stompy, inside Land Raider with Chosen)
(9) Chosen (with various PF, LC, PW) inside Land Raider
2 Maulerfiends
2 x (10) tactical squads (dual plasma) in Rhino
(10) tactical (dual flamer) in Rhino
2x (3) bikes with Power Maul
(1) Spawn

Summery: He was using the new Emperors Children rules. All his guys were fearless, had 4+ FNP, ObSec, and was somehow casting some psykic powers (maybe there was a sorcerer in there). He told us that his guys were basically 18 pts each to get all this. Chaos seems to be a lot more competitive now.

Necron (1k)
(1) Barge Lord
(10) Warriors
(5) Immortals
(2) Destroyers
(2) Heavy Destroyers
1 Canoptec Harvest Formation

DE (1k, 8 Slave Points)
CAD:
Medusae on raider
2 (5) warriors in venom (dual SC, chainsnares)
2 ravagers (3DL, chainsnares)
Grotesquery Formation:
Haemi with SH
2 (3) Grots with raider (NS, chainsnares)

So the mission was Cloak and Shadows. Our strategy was to sit back and let him come to us. Necrons to stand in the middle of the board and not die, DE to run around and grab objectives. Unfortunately neither of us were expecting the amount of armor that was brought to the game, and a few turns were wasted while the Mon-Keigh cowered in their metal boxes.

++ The True Kin had found an ongoing battlefield with the forces of Chaos facing off against a rising Necron presence. Using the confusion of the situation, the Coven of the Guilded Mirth expected to make off with some choice specimens for the Arenas ++

Turn 1 (DE sieze):
DE/Necron
-Stay in position, ready for the EC advance
-Venoms shoot at the Chaos bikes. One squad goes down to the mass poison, the second is wounded (First Blood, 2 SP)
-Ravagers take 2 HP off of one Maulerfiend
EC
-Everything moves up
-Causes the Grot raiders to jink, one Grot raider wrecked

Turn 2:
DE/Necrons
-Shift around to prepare for charges
-Haemi Grots boost up to EC deployment zone to contest objectives
-Medusae raider DS into EC deployment zone to try and bait him to turn around
-Second bike squad goes down to more Venom fire (2 SP)
-Ravagers fail to do anything, but Necrons able to take out both Maulerfiends (I will take 1 SP from the model I mostly killed)
EC
-He gets out of his boxes, and blows up my Haemi raider with some plasma
-Charges the Harvest Wraiths with his chosen/Lord. Also charges the Haemi/Grots with his single spawn.
-A wraith dies, some chosen die (not to DE unfortunately). His Spawn is obliterated by the Grots (1 SP)

Turn 3:
DE/Necrons
-Sacrifice remaining transports to get objectives, potentially denying him during his turn (now controlling 5 objectives).
-Both Grots charge into different tactical squads (they were kitted out to be decent in CC), but due to Fearless I could not wipe him. Killed 10 models total from the two tactical squads during this combat
-CC in the middle starts to go south, as the wraiths start dropping to his ID weapons (on the Lord)
EC
-Tankshock a squad of kabolites off an objective, then flame the squad out of existence
-In CC kill all the wraiths, and one squad of Grots (without the Haemi). Consolidate into Linebreaker

At this point the game was over. 9-8 EC, with his tactical marines literally 1” away from failing on Linebreaker. A great game, and could easily have gone either way if we had time for the full 5 turns.

Total Slave Points:
Bike Squad #1 – 2 SP (shooting)
Bike Squad #2 – 2 SP (shooting)
Tactical Marines (10 total) – 10 SP (CC)
1 Maulerfiend – 1 SP (shooting, but finished off by the Necrons)
Spawn – 1 SP (CC)
Total – 16 SP

Losses:
1 (5) warrior squad
1 (3) Grot squad
1 (1) medusa
2 raiders (from the Grots)
Total – 3 units lost (3 SP)

So the Coven of the Guilded Mirth have returned to the Dark City with 13 Slave Points, offsetting the investment of 8 SP for the raid, resulting in a net gain of 5 SP for the next raid. The Coven will not yet re-pay the investment, keeping the slaves to embark on a larger raid next time.
Unfortunately there wasn’t a big-ticket unit killed by the DE this game, so the Coven will instead place the Bike Sargent (armed with a Power Maul) on auction in the Slave Pits. What is the going rate for a Champion of Chaos riding a bike, and armed with a Power Maul? He was none-too-bright (as is the curse of all the Mon-Keigh), thinking that T5 and 4+ jink would save him from our poison weapons.

Last edited by fisheyes on Thu Jan 05 2017, 19:41; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rhivan
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 2k Slave Games - CSM vs DE/Necron   Tue Dec 20 2016, 03:06

Nice report! Unfortunate you didn't win (If I read that correctly). What do you think you'd do next time against such an army?

I like how the system plays out as well it seems to work well. As for the Auction I don't think we've given incentive to purchase anything from the auction...

As for how we do the Slave game batraps do you think we should have 1 megatopic where people post in their slave game results or do you think it'd work better with each person posting their own? I know the former is easier to manage and the latter feels more personal.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: 2k Slave Games - CSM vs DE/Necron   Tue Dec 20 2016, 09:13

He must've had a command sorcerer or he wouldn't be able to cast psychic powers. Only thousand Sons have aspiring champions that are sorcerers.
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted

PostSubject: Re: 2k Slave Games - CSM vs DE/Necron   Tue Dec 20 2016, 12:12

Nice batrep Smile the system definitely seems to work well. Was it tricky to keep a track of during the game?

I vote one central thread so we can have rankings Smile had planned to do that myself, but it slipped my mind!

If we're happy I'll stick the post up I'd drafted Smile

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 2k Slave Games - CSM vs DE/Necron   Tue Dec 20 2016, 13:27

Thanks for the feedback guys. I was trying to keep this BatRep brief, but even with only 3 turns it turned into quite the beast.

You are correct, I did not win the game. But it was very close (9-Cool, and if further turns had been done it could easily have gone to either side.

My list wasnt the greatest for this match-up. I planned on playing 1500, and had to cut it down to 1000 on site. TBH I wasnt super impressed with the Grotesquery here, but mainly because it took almost half my points and put it into 2 raiders. Next time I will be bringing out more Venoms (and scourges for those pesky tanks).

Upon further meditation, I think he had a sorcerer HQ in one of the regular marine squads. However he was saying that he could shoot witchfires out of his hatches? Didnt know you were able to do that.

@ynneadwraith, want to start up a mega-thread for this stuff? Maybe a quick run-down of the rules at the front?

As a proof-of-concept, I think the Slave Games work (or w/e you guys want to call it). Some kinks need to be ironed out, but I think we can work within the limits of some "living rules".

So who will next raid realspace for the enjoyment of the Arenas?
Back to top Go down
Rhivan
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 2k Slave Games - CSM vs DE/Necron   Tue Dec 20 2016, 21:31

I'm pretty have with the Slave Games myself. I'm pretty happy with the rules and we can work with living rules. We can let it evolve as we go along and iron it out. Do you think we should have seasons for the slave games? Like a Season lasts lets say... 1 month each? Or we could do 3 months per season, and have 4 seasons per year

I've mentioned it a couple times but I have no clue how the auctioning system should function. Like I know we bid on the model but what do we gain from doing so?
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 2k Slave Games - CSM vs DE/Necron   Wed Dec 21 2016, 12:41

For the bidding, its more of a "is that a cool kill or not" sort of thing. So for this example, the bike champion is a fairly lack-luster sort of thing, so it would be worth like 1 SP. A SM captain on the otherhand could be worth 3 SP. Maybe we could just base it off the point cost of the model/unit?

IE 1-50 pts = 1SP
51-150 pts = 2SP
151+ pts = 3SP

Something along those lines?

As for seasons, I think that would work. But lets do 3 months each, since many people cannot get in that many games each month (I get about 1-2 games/month).

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted

PostSubject: Re: 2k Slave Games - CSM vs DE/Necron   Wed Dec 21 2016, 21:28

Better late than never, but the post's up!

http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14690-welcome-one-and-all-to-the-first-annual-slave-games-thread#170546

Do you want to do a little summary on your latest battle as a starter and I'll get the rankings up Smile

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 2k Slave Games - CSM vs DE/Necron   Thu Dec 22 2016, 13:28

Thanks @Ynneadwraith. Posted summery on your thread. I think the best way forward is to post a BatRep thread, then a quick Slave Point summery on your thread.
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted

PostSubject: Re: 2k Slave Games - CSM vs DE/Necron   Thu Dec 22 2016, 14:32

Yep that sounds like a good plan to me Smile

I'll sort out a little tally thing on the first post to keep track of rankings Smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2k Slave Games - CSM vs DE/Necron   

Back to top Go down

2k Slave Games - CSM vs DE/Necron
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Realspace Raids
-
Jump to: