HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

A Dark Eldar MSU list taken to its logical conclusion.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TeenageAngst
Hekatrix

PostSubject: A Dark Eldar MSU list taken to its logical conclusion.   Thu Dec 08 2016, 19:35

This is a list I put together and it's been drawing no small amount of heat from the competitive group because I'm so bold and so foolish as to say it's actually good. My friends at the shop seem to think it sounds pretty hard and appreciate the fact it's also quite fluffy, but as of yet it's untested. I wanted to see what some Dark Eldar veterans thought of it.

Combined Arms Detachment 1:

HQ: 1 Lhamean w/Raider dedicated transport x2
Troops: 5 Kabalite Warriors w/Raider dedicated transport x6
Elites: 3 Mandrakes x3
Fast Attack: 1 Khymera x3

All Raiders have Dark Lances, 5 Raiders have Shock Prows.

Combined Arms Detachment 2:

HQ: 1 Lhamean w/Venom dedicated transport x2
Troops: 5 Kabalite Warriors w/Venom dedicated transport x6
Elites 3 Mandrakes x3
Fast Attack: 1 Khymera x3

All Venoms have 2x Splinter Cannons

Total cost: 1846pts
Total independent units: 44
Total units capable of deep striking: 32
Total obsec units: 24

This list grew from a list I call "the parking lot" as it was basically 13 boats designed to tank shock enemies off the table by model placement. I revised it to use 16 boats and greatly increased the number of models as well as individual units. The result is an MSU spam list where every single unit is expendable and extremely mobile. Mandrakes can infiltrate or outflank, most units can deep strike in transports or fly on from the board edge, and the Khymera are beasts so they move 12" and aren't slowed by terrain. It can turtle due to the sheer mass of poison shots it has and the range of the guns, but it can also swarm, using the disposable units as a screen. It can deny objectives all game with its speed and generous obsec, and with 44 separate shootable targets, keeping it off objectives would be an absolute nightmare.
Back to top Go down
RedRegicide
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar MSU list taken to its logical conclusion.   Thu Dec 08 2016, 20:39

I have never used shock prows, have you found them useful? It sounds hilarious though. My only concern would be you only have 7 lance shots. I struggle with anti tank using 3 ravagers.

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar MSU list taken to its logical conclusion.   Thu Dec 08 2016, 22:16

You should use slave snare instead of prow shock if you only intend to tank shock and not ram.
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar MSU list taken to its logical conclusion.   Thu Dec 08 2016, 22:16

I'd have 8 actually, 6 from the warrior boats and 2 from the Lhamean boats. The shock prows are basically a swiss army knife. They can be used as supplementary anti-tank, break morale, push a fleeing unit off the board, displace units from objectives, or even remove models due to positioning. That last one is particularly funny against invisible units. As for the lack of anti-vehicle weapons, I've noticed in most games I've played, the amount of anti-armor I actually need is pretty minimal since only one or two vehicles are going to be priority targets at any given time. The meta has shifted away from vehicles since there is so much S6 shooting now. If it does become a problem i could swap some Venoms for Raiders and increase my lances while also freeing up a few points.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Wych

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar MSU list taken to its logical conclusion.   Thu Dec 08 2016, 22:40

First off, I love that you are using CADs. Way to keep that ObSec. But why not take this even further?

For 470 pts you can get a stripped down CAD of

1 Lhamean in venom SC

2 warriors (5) in venom SC

2 raiders (empty) DL

1 venom (empty) SC

That is what I have been playing around with. Just comes down to how many transports you want to buy/assemble/paint. At 1850 you can get almost 4 CADs of this. I would like to see the person that isnt afraid of 32 SCs all shooting at 36".
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar MSU list taken to its logical conclusion.   Thu Dec 08 2016, 23:31

2 reasons why not:

1: The standard tournament format limits the number of formations in a list, and this is only really fun when it messes with people taking the meta as gospel, like tourney players.

2: I'd lose so many of my single 10 point model units, which are essential.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Wych

PostSubject: Re: A Dark Eldar MSU list taken to its logical conclusion.   Fri Dec 09 2016, 00:46

Eh, to each his own then. The thread DID say the logical conclusion of MSU though Wink
Back to top Go down

A Dark Eldar MSU list taken to its logical conclusion.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: