HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

2000 point goal

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RedRegicide
Sybarite

PostSubject: 2000 point goal   Sun Dec 04 2016, 15:00

Hey guys, I have completed writing the first draft to my 2000 point goal for dark eldar. I've taken inspiration from all of you guys, skari, the spider and from a guy named Mitch who played MWG dave a while ago.

My hope is to have a semi competitive list that is full of monsters, and then build a fluff around it.

Grotesquerie:

3 grots in raider: 160
3 grots in raider: 160
Ham w/ WW: 105

Dark Artisan
Talos: 120
Cronos w/ spirit syphon: 125
Ham w/ WW:105

Realspace raiders:
2 sslyth and 2 medusas in dual splinter cannon venom: 165

5 warriors in dual splinter cannon venom: 105
5 warriors in dual splinter cannon venom: 105

3 incubi in dual splinter cannon venom: 125

Ravager w/ 3 dark lances: 125

Scourges w/ 3 haywire blasters: 120
Beast pack: 9 khymera, beast masters, 2 razor wing flocks: 140
Clawed fiend: 30

The idea is to have all the beasts and grots deployed turn 1, then webway in the DA to back up grots, webway in the court to melt a key infantry unit, and everything else for AA and AI.

All advice is welcome! If you have fluff ideas I'll be posting for fluff advice after the finished draft.
(P.s: army is dessert themed, wil probably concert 1 hammy and medusa into snakes

Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point goal   Sun Dec 04 2016, 19:21

Well, I have experience running a similar list, and here is my advice. Dont run both the DA and the Grotesquery. I have found that you want at least 4 venoms for their awesome ranged dakka (and to survive enemyfire). By taking both formations, half of your points are tied up in 3 units. Each formation is good on its own, but togeather it becomes one of those "all eggs in 1 basket" scenarios.

With the points of one formation, I would recommend changing that RSR over to a dual CAD. Get your 4 ObSec venoms and still get to run your MSU beastpack.
Back to top Go down
Xm0shcryptX
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point goal   Sun Dec 04 2016, 19:25

Your incubi / venom combo isn't efficient. The incubi want to get close. The venom wants to sit back.
Back to top Go down
RedRegicide
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point goal   Sun Dec 04 2016, 19:38

I just got 2 boxes of vargeheists for conversion, so that's how DA came to be incorporated, so that I could get some bits. Should I still include pain engines or just find bitz elsewhere.

Yeah, the venom and incubi were the product of trying to fit too many models I like into the list. They seemed to do well in the assault discussion we had on the tactics forum. Are they worth including?

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point goal   Sun Dec 04 2016, 19:43

I say no, but I really only play competitively. If you want to have fun who cares they look bad ass
Back to top Go down
RedRegicide
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 2000 point goal   Sun Dec 04 2016, 19:47

They are super cool, but we're the one unit I wasn't super set on thematically and tactically. I'll do some thinking and update it, thanks guys!

2000 point goal
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: