Share | 

1500 to play vs marines.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Serena succabus
Slave

PostSubject: 1500 to play vs marines.   Sat Nov 26 2016, 03:37

Hi
In my meta I mainly play against sm. Of different chapters but we have only been playing 1k points we are now going to 1500 so I am in need of help from the experts. Let me know any pointers or improvements.

Cad
Succabus, glave,
4 x incubi, venom, extra cannon
5 x trueborn, 4 x blasters, venom, extra cannon
5 x warriors, shredder, venom, extra cannon
5 x warriors. Shredder, venom. Extra cannon
Razorwing, lances
5x scurge, 4 haywire

Purge coterie
Archon
9 x warriors, cannon
Raider, sheild
3 x reavers, caltrops

Dark artisan
Haemomculus
Cronos, probe
Talos, haywire

So there it is I think I have a bit of everything but there is always room to improve
Thanks
Ss

Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Wych

PostSubject: Re: 1500 to play vs marines.   Sat Nov 26 2016, 06:46

Eh, you basically got it. MSU transports of minimum squads, followed by the hammer that is the DA.

I personally wouldent take both the Archon and the Succi, but if it works for you go for it.

If I were to make any changes, it would be to roll the PC into the CAD. Frees up the Archon points, and gives the raider ObSec (which IMO is better than PE). With the extra points give the DA a WWP and a SH, and the AoM on the Succi (although not that effective vs SM)

Back to top Go down
Rewind
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 1500 to play vs marines.   Sat Nov 26 2016, 08:28

Hi, like fisheyes, I think your list is pretty good, however I would personally move a few things about:

PC
Archon, Blaster, HWG - Joins Blasterborn
5 x Trueborn, 4 x Blasters, Raider, Shields
3 x Reavers, CC

HC DA
Haem
Chronos, Probe
Talos

DE CAD
Succubus, Glaive, AOM, HWG - Joins Incubi
4 x Incubi, incl. Klaivex, Cannon Venom
3 x 5 Warriors, Cannon Venoms
Razorwing, Cannon
5 x Scourges, 4 x HWB

1488pts, I've dropped a few of your upgrades & added a few others, but tried to change as little as possible essentially.

Now the Trueborn are in the PC, you can give them PE, rather than just some standard warriors.
Archon gets a Blaster & joins them for more synergy.
I personally don't like the HWB on a DA Talos.
Gave the Succubus AOM, didn't drop the Incubi, instead added Klaivex for Rampage & for challenges your Succubus wants to avoid.(I don't like Incubi, but your list, I honestly think they should be skipped for Grotesques every time Smile )
Razorwing is an AI platform, someone described it very well recently, 'Lances on a Razorwing is like putting make-up on a pig'
Dropped Shredders as I think the Venoms cannons are your real 'workhorse' weapons, yes you can now still fire the Shredder after jinking, but only if you only 6" move, which halves the Venoms mobility.

Tried to be as true to your original list as possible, but I definitely think it's more efficient now, however I am no pro tournament player, so please add salt.

Last edited by Rewind on Sat Nov 26 2016, 08:31; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forget Klaivex - always 1 edit every post :()
Back to top Go down
Serena succabus
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1500 to play vs marines.   Sat Nov 26 2016, 19:35

Thanks both o didn't k ow I could take trueborn in the pc that sounds better. Ye I have never used incubi as I like the grots but I'm not a Hugh fan of the models. Maybe can convert my own.
Back to top Go down
Serena succabus
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1500 to play vs marines.   Sat Nov 26 2016, 21:58

Just recut my list and I have the points to swap to incubi with grots. To accompany the Succabus. Would this be a better combo?
Back to top Go down
Rewind
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: 1500 to play vs marines.   Sun Nov 27 2016, 09:31

Hey,

Since Trueborn are an upgrade for Warriors, they are absolutely legal in the PC, as are Transports & the Court. Not everything is essentially viable to receive the formation bonus, but can be taken.

Since the new FAQ you can fire your Blasters at full BS after Jinking, but only if they move 6" so Raiders make perfect transports in my mind, being slightly tougher & in Venoms, sacrificing the extra 6" of mobility is more of a loss.

Grots appreciate the leadership boost of an IC, but really shine with the Covens buffs, rather than the standard ones, but either way, are still our best CC unit imo.

Post your adjusted list please & remember don't take stuff just because we do, there are a few play styles, finding your own is part of the fun.

To that end, because of the models I owned & the way I came into the hobby, my 1500 against mainly Tank heavy IG was:

Succubus, AOM, Glaive, HWG
3 x Grots, Incl Abber, Agonizer, Raider, Sails
3 x 5 Warriors, Blaster, Cannon Venoms
2 x 3 Reavers, CC
5 x Scourges, 4 x HWB
2 x Triple Lance Ravagers

Haem
Chronos, Probe
Talos, II

1496pts

These days I tend to run a full Grotesquerie, but took me a while to afford it & converting Crypt Horrors was tricky but rewarding Smile

Fortunately, the 2 Talos boxes you need to make 6 Grots, allows you to run the DA in the meantime & later combine them for FNP lols

I'm not saying my list is better, just an example, but it was heavily inspired by forum advice, so I don't feel to afraid to post it lol Wink

Last edited by Rewind on Sun Nov 27 2016, 09:36; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : too much smiley cancer)
Back to top Go down
Serena succabus
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1500 to play vs marines.   Sun Nov 27 2016, 18:30

So here is my updated list I will be playing blood angels next weekend but fortunately I will only have to pick up 2 units to fill my list.
Cad
Succabus,glave
Back to top Go down
Serena succabus
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1500 to play vs marines.   Sun Nov 27 2016, 18:35

So here is my updated list I will be playing blood angels next weekend but fortunately I will only have to pick up 2 units to fill my list.
Cad
Succabus, glave, armour
3 grots, raider, Shields
5 x warriors, venom, cannon
Razorwing
5 x scurge, 4 haywire

Purge coterie
Archon, blaster
5 x trueborn, 4 x blasters
Raider, Shields