Share | 

Dark Eldar in the storyline of 40k

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
lament.config
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Dark Eldar in the storyline of 40k   Fri Nov 25 2016, 06:07

The current state of affairs in Commoragh is that Vect is aware and actively working to contain the breach in Khaine's Gate.

Malys is working against Vect but, also aware of Khaine's Gate. She still has been gifted a heart most likely from either Tzeentch or more likely the laughing god. Also, she's definitely allied with some masques of harlequins as is Vect with others.

Urien has stocked his larder and could careless what happens as long as he can continue his work.

The only recent large scale attacks of aggression the true kin have taken part lately has been to "aid" of other factions against the Tyranids. As well, Vect is taking advantage of the 13th crusade beginning and raiding the Imperium. It's possible Vect is not actually in the Dark City as the Gate is already breaking and small scale fighting has begun in Commoragh.

GW is beginning the 13th crusade in current warzone books. Eventually, they should theoretically continue the narrative in the Dark City. Is there any speculation as to what will happen?
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in the storyline of 40k   Fri Nov 25 2016, 06:37

I think you might be writing Rakarth off too easily. His massive stores of slaves have a lot of potential to be a plot point. It's conceivable he has a long-range plan in the works. (Although what that plan might be is anyone's guess.)
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Klaivex

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in the storyline of 40k   Fri Nov 25 2016, 09:34

Wasn't there a rumour about a "war in the web way" campaign about Magnus and Ahriman racing to the reach the black library first.

The Dark Eldar Codex sucks. You probably won just because your enemy loaded his dice to loose. Never forget this mantra and spread the word. Mention it in every discussion possible, people can´t get enough of that valuable information and need to be reminded regularely.
+++++END OF TRANSMISSION+++++
Back to top Go down
Rhivan
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in the storyline of 40k   Fri Nov 25 2016, 15:45

I don't have the source but I'm pretty sure the Harlequins codex confirms that the entity was Cegorach.

Another unconfirmed thing that I've heard is that the cultist mechanicus has tried to contact the haemonculi to help keep the golden throne up.

The latter could be utter bull but I know the former is true.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in the storyline of 40k   Fri Nov 25 2016, 16:42

Lots going on. The Decapitator has his throne of skulls, splinter of a hive fleet trapped in a sub-realm for the Heamies to tinker with (possibly finding a new source of souls/pain to feed to Slaanash), and many others.

The whole of the dark city is a web of conspiracies and plots. Anything could happen at any time.

Found this quote while doing my own research, from the Path trilogy regarding Vect.

' If Commaragh died screaming and our entire race was pulled into oblivion, Vect alone would survive, surrounded by an impenetrable bubble of self superiority''

I am sure the Supreme Overlord has a few other fail-safes hidden under his mattress. I assume we will get a supplement at some point in 2017, probably expanding on one of these many topics.
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in the storyline of 40k   Fri Nov 25 2016, 16:50

Here's really hoping that they do it well, and not fold all the Eldar factions into a 'Grand Alliance' and just say everyone made up and are best buds now, but some people can keep their spiky armour...

Either that, or 'oh yeah, all the Eldar are dead now but Ynnead's alive and killed Slaanesh so we can make 40k more PG now...'.

Excuse my cynicism Wink

I wonder if there's a link between Qah (the Old One god of the Hrud, and a sort of daemonic shadow entity) and the Mandrakes.

Mandrakes seem to be quasi-daemonic eldar entities, but I can't imagine an eldar bonding their soul with a daemon without Slaanesh knowing about it, so there could be something funky going on there...

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
Imateria
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in the storyline of 40k   Fri Nov 25 2016, 16:53

@fisheyes wrote:
Lots going on. The Decapitator has his throne of skulls, splinter of a hive fleet trapped in a sub-realm for the Heamies to tinker with (possibly finding a new source of souls/pain to feed to Slaanash), and many others.

The whole of the dark city is a web of conspiracies and plots. Anything could happen at any time.

Found this quote while doing my own research, from the Path trilogy regarding Vect.

' If Commaragh died screaming and our entire race was pulled into oblivion, Vect alone would survive, surrounded by an impenetrable bubble of self superiority''

I am sure the Supreme Overlord has a few other fail-safes hidden under his mattress. I assume we will get a supplement at some point in 2017, probably expanding on one of these many topics.
Well, 8th edition is supposed to hit in Q2 next year, after that supplements as we have them now may not be a thing, we'll have to see.
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dark One
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in the storyline of 40k   Fri Nov 25 2016, 17:28

@Rhivan wrote:
I don't have the source but I'm pretty sure the Harlequins codex confirms that the entity was Cegorach.

Another unconfirmed thing that I've heard is that the cultist mechanicus has tried to contact the haemonculi to help keep the golden throne up.

The latter could be utter bull but I know the former is true.

I can also confirm the first. About the second, what I am aware about this is that something like this was written in the Mechanicum codex. Something implying an arrangement between the Dark Eldar and a force witin the Imperium.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in the storyline of 40k   Fri Nov 25 2016, 20:36

Lawl. Of all the entities in the entire 40k verse, I would be trusting the Haemies last of all. Especially with the well being of the God Emperor of the Mon-keigh
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dark One
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in the storyline of 40k   Fri Nov 25 2016, 22:30

@fisheyes wrote:
Lawl. Of all the entities in the entire 40k verse, I would be trusting the Haemies last of all. Especially with the well being of the God Emperor of the Mon-keigh

One idea is that the Haemonculi aren't supposed to save the Emperor directly, but instead are supposed to finally close the the entrance to the webway from the golden throne for good.

But whatever the bargain turns out to be, I do think that the IoM has many assets that a Coven could be greatly interested in. Sure, they can demand a capital price but I think the Imperium is desperate enough to conform.
Back to top Go down
Korona
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in the storyline of 40k   Sat Nov 26 2016, 06:21

On one level would the rulers of the IoM really have any fundamental problem with paying the Dark Eldar in human lives/souls in exchange for services rendered?  These are people who blow up their own planets on a fairly regular basis.  Both factions are ruled by hardcore pragmatists.

The Harlequins codex does indeed confirm that Malys' heart was a gift from Cegorach.  It also mentions that it was the Veiled Path masque who were behind this meeting and the rise of Vect.
This is really why I wanted to paint my Harlies in this scheme - they seem like the masque that is most closely tied to the Dark Eldar and hopefully this will bear fruit in the fluff at some point for some cool narrative games. In the mean time they seem the most appropriate masque to field alongside Dark Eldar armies.

The book is maybe intended as a biased narrative but certainly implies that the other Eldar factions and indeed all the races being manipulated by the Harlequins/Cegorach to further some grand design.

As to Cegorach really being Tzeench, maybe, but I doubt it since it would be thematically sloppy.  Tzeench seems like a nihilist at heart whereas Cegorach is more of an aesthete, seeing mirth in existence rather than despair.
Back to top Go down
lament.config
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in the storyline of 40k   Sun Nov 27 2016, 06:00

@fisheyes wrote:

That's a really cool quote. That would be amazing to see Vect make a return to realspace. It would be interesting to see GW do another take on a Dais of Destruction. It's probably to much to hope for castigators to make an appearance but, that would be cool too.

I agree with the heart being from Cegorach, it's interesting he has taken both sides of the fight in Commoragh.

As to the Covens and the golden throne if GW wanted to expand on the narrative there I'd be stoked. Also, if they release some sort of Coven LoW I'd be similarly interested.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in the storyline of 40k   Mon Nov 28 2016, 15:01

Ya, we need a big centre-piece like a coven flesh-knight or some such. Not sure if Vect would make a good table-top model (since his powers is to just be super smart, not strong/tough), but I would love any sort of force-multiplier (haemies are terrible at this, same with Chronos).
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in the storyline of 40k   Mon Nov 28 2016, 20:07

@Korona wrote:
On one level would the rulers of the IoM really have any fundamental problem with paying the Dark Eldar in human lives/souls in exchange for services rendered?

Conspiracy time - who says they haven't been?

Remind me, how many psykers get fed to the Emperor every single day?

ARE they fed to the Emperor at all?!

I can see it now. Horus Heresy novels, book 50-ish. Maybe 90. The war is over, and the Emperor is finally nailed into the Golden Throne....by Urien Rakarth.
The Webway Portal under the throne - a direct passage straight to Commoragh.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
Korona
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in the storyline of 40k   Mon Nov 28 2016, 22:11

Haha I love it - the entire IoM subverted to become a gigantic conveyor belt feeding raw material into Cormorragh.  Genius!

With the super unit thing - what do you mean - we have the Tantalus?!!!  lol!

I do quite like DE not having any huge mega-units.  It's a kind of hubris the Dark Eldar seem to be mostly beyond.  If anything they're the ones to show that no matter how huge your superweapons are, you're still going to lose to skill and cunning.

I do think that we need better tools to take out mega units though.  Poison was heavily nerfed against GMCs so it would be cool to get some better options in that department.  Maybe boost the Voidraven to be a gargantuan killer with access to strength D lances and something like vortex missiles.
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dark One
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in the storyline of 40k   Tue Nov 29 2016, 06:49

@Squidmaster wrote:
@Korona wrote:
On one level would the rulers of the IoM really have any fundamental problem with paying the Dark Eldar in human lives/souls in exchange for services rendered?

Conspiracy time - who says they haven't been?

Remind me, how many psykers get fed to the Emperor every single day?

ARE they fed to the Emperor at all?!

I can see it now. Horus Heresy novels, book 50-ish. Maybe 90. The war is over, and the Emperor is finally nailed into the Golden Throne....by Urien Rakarth.
The Webway Portal under the throne - a direct passage straight to Commoragh.

This is Amazing. Why didn't I come up with that.

Also @Dark Eldar LoW

I would not like to see a huge "Van Frankenstein Grotesque" as our LoW. I think it is unimaginative and I can't imagine it really bringing something interesting to the table.

Much more, I would like to see a huge nether-being from another dimension that is temporarily brought into realspace. Likely, this behemoth is either linked with Aelindrach or works more like a Dark Gate of the Haemonculi where a portal to forbidden zones of the Webway is opened... only bigger and with the being actually coming through.

I think something more on the likes of Cthulhu is more akin to the dark kin than a simple superheavy. This also solves the problem of transporting it through the webway.

In terms of rules, this unit could force night-fighting, lower leadership of all enemy units by 1, forces leadership tests en-masse and can infiltrate. Now THAT's something that would fit the Dark Eldar.

However, I do like the idea of a coven-converted Wraithknight (read Castigator) with chains, hooks, torture chambers, Ossefactors, Ichor Injector and other playthings.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in the storyline of 40k   Tue Nov 29 2016, 12:14

It seems that Gee Dubs is going towards the "centre piece" route of giving each army something cool (read: expensive) that is a "must buy". I know I spent 200$ on a few boxes of SM Centurions when they dropped.

Now we definitely dont need something as "point and click" as grav centurions, but something that is actually able to put out a lot of hurt all on its own would be nice. Specifically some sort of anti-tank weapon system that can actually kill something in a single volley (unlike our try-lance ravagers).

And if we are wishlisting, how about a new PfP table that is actually worth keeping track of?
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Incubi

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in the storyline of 40k   Tue Nov 29 2016, 13:48

To be honest, I think our LoW is going to be the Dais of Destruction.

If we're lucky, Vect will be an optional additional LoW, and the Dais will be Super-HEavy to split fire all those lovely Lances.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
CptMetal
Klaivex

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in the storyline of 40k   Tue Nov 29 2016, 14:22

I think something like a super heavy flying thing would be appropriate since we don't do slow.

The Dark Eldar Codex sucks. You probably won just because your enemy loaded his dice to loose. Never forget this mantra and spread the word. Mention it in every discussion possible, people can´t get enough of that valuable information and need to be reminded regularely.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in the storyline of 40k   Wed Nov 30 2016, 04:46

Not sure what you mean by "flying", I certainly dont want another flyer or a FMC. I could be happy with a new Dais of Destruction, depending on what kind of dakka it could put out.
Back to top Go down
stevethedestroyeofworlds
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in the storyline of 40k   Wed Nov 30 2016, 05:23

Since the Haemonculi stole those Nids, wouldn't it be cool to have like a Carnifex or Hierodule Grotesque?
A drugged up bloated version of an already big creature

Hekatrix

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in the storyline of 40k   Wed Nov 30 2016, 05:48

Honestly there is absolutely nothing wrong with PFP we just need armywide +2 to PFP TBH. Just imagine how good we'd be, with without being broken, and how different you'd be armybuilding if we started the game with FNP, had furious charge turn 2 and were fearless turn 3.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in the storyline of 40k   Wed Nov 30 2016, 06:12

We already have a carnifex, the talos Razz

Ya, I guess army wide 2+ PfP would be ok. FNP just doesnt have much umph with T3 5+ in my experience. Furious charge and fearless on the otherhand...
Back to top Go down
lament.config
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in the storyline of 40k   Wed Nov 30 2016, 07:05

@fisheyes wrote:
We already have a carnifex, the talos Razz

Ya, I guess army wide 2+ PfP would be ok. FNP just doesnt have much umph with T3 5+ in my experience. Furious charge and fearless on the otherhand...

..are both great fearless turn 5 can be really useful. I'd be okay with starting with a +1 on the PfP without a HQ model attached
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Klaivex

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in the storyline of 40k   Wed Nov 30 2016, 13:16

Or maybe give the Sybarite a 5 point gear to get +1 on the table...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar in the storyline of 40k   

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar in the storyline of 40k
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

:: Dark Eldar Discussion