HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

Question on what exactly the warriors are wearing

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MrGovernmentMan
Slave

PostSubject: Question on what exactly the warriors are wearing    Fri Nov 25 2016, 04:08

Hello all,

I've just started collecting Dark Eldar and I've got a quick question for you guys to help me lock in my color scheme. What exactly are the Kabalite Warriors wearing underneath their armor? I can't quite decide on what material that is and it's making me question my paint scheme I had picked out. I initially thought it was like a cloth and was going to paint in a dark grey khaki color, but I'm starting to think it might be leather which would look rather odd painted like that.

Can anyone help me out on this?

Thanks,

A man who doesn't actually know what a bodysuit is made of.
Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Question on what exactly the warriors are wearing    Fri Nov 25 2016, 06:12

Leather, because cloth isn't kinky enough for sadistic space elves.

Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted

PostSubject: Re: Question on what exactly the warriors are wearing    Fri Nov 25 2016, 09:55

Yeah I'd imagine either leather or some sort of hi-tech latexy bodysuit. Apparently it's sealed against the void of space, so I'm certain it's not cloth...

Odd how S&M preferences cross species barriers Wink

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat

PostSubject: Re: Question on what exactly the warriors are wearing    Fri Nov 25 2016, 11:54

I tend to go with the high tech bodysuit idea. They are highly technologically though, so they could probably grow some sort of space leather in vats for weathering the void if you want to go for a leathery look.

You could pretty much say the bodysuit is made of of anything. With DE technology they can probably achieve what you imagine.

Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Question on what exactly the warriors are wearing    Fri Nov 25 2016, 12:21

In my mind its some sort of body-hugging latex suit. The armor is affixed to it somehow (I seem to think they may just nail it to their flesh, for extra pleasure/pain).

But I would go with a dark colour regardless
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat

PostSubject: Re: Question on what exactly the warriors are wearing    Fri Nov 25 2016, 14:49

The fifth ed codex talks about the armour being donned in an unnecisarily painful ritual. The bodysuit has long metal barbs and hooks that hook into the wearer's nerve bundles.

That doesnt really provide much useful information, but I find it interesting.

Back to top Go down
MrGovernmentMan
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Question on what exactly the warriors are wearing    Fri Nov 25 2016, 18:00

So the general consensus is a high tech leather/latex gimp suit. Got it....... dark Grey Khaki is probably not going to work well then. Back to the drawing board.

Thanks everybody.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Question on what exactly the warriors are wearing    Fri Nov 25 2016, 20:07

Hey buddy, the True Kin love to revel in all the senses. If you want to do a green poka-dot pattern, it could be made to work.

Some are just more manic and out-there than others Wink
Back to top Go down

Question on what exactly the warriors are wearing
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: