HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 

FreakShow List without CWE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Draco
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: FreakShow List without CWE   Tue Nov 22 2016, 14:24

So JimSolo has been tugging on my Archon black heart strings for a while, and I've finished building my Grotesque conversions and Harly models. Whenever I see someone attempting a Freakshow list, they always have units of CWE, or Corsairs, and I don't want either.

Can you help me make this work?!

My current WIP:

Grotesquire:
3 Grots + Raider Night shields (Stock)
3 Grots + Raider Night shields (Stock)
Hami (Stock)

Cast of players (Stock) + Mask of Secrets

Cast of players (Stock)

DE CAD:
Archon: AOM, Phantasam Grenade Launcher
Kabs X5 Venom + Extra cannon
Kabs X5 Venom + Extra cannon

I still have 85pts left of the 1250.

The Archon jumps in with the 2nd raider and the two make their way down the field with the Cast's running behind. Venoms flank or lay down poison so the bubbles can get into position. I'm used to fielding 10 vehicles in 1k, so it just seems like such a small list.

Don't be gentle, I want to make this competitive within the restrictions I have given myself.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan

PostSubject: Re: FreakShow List without CWE   Tue Nov 22 2016, 14:38

The reason so many Freakshow lists include Craftworld Eldar is quite simply to get more Psychic Shrieks, which are probably our best weapon. So by not taking them you are gimping yourself, especially as your psykers are only level 1 and really need to be rolling on the Harlequin powers to aid their survival. Which means no Pyschic Shrieks.

Having said that, I think you should seriously consider giving the Archon a WWP and having him drop in with one of the Casts for a precision -4 LD penalty. I'd spend the remaining 50 points on upgrading the Shadowseers to level 2 and letting the Mask Seer roll on Telepathy for Psychic Shriek and (possibly) Invisibility.

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Draco
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: FreakShow List without CWE   Tue Nov 22 2016, 14:50

Count Adhemar wrote:
I think you should seriously consider giving the Archon a WWP and having him drop in with one of the Casts for a precision -4 LD penalty. I'd spend the remaining 50 points on upgrading the Shadowseers to level 2 and letting the Mask Seer roll on Telepathy for Psychic Shriek and (possibly) Invisibility.

So Archon WWP with the AOM and the Cast carrying the MOS, plus the Grots should give me the full -5.

Would it not be better to have both lvl2 Seers just take the auto Shriek and Veil of Tears?
Back to top Go down

FreakShow List without CWE
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: