Share | 

Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
inevitable_faith
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Fri May 19 2017, 03:35

It'd also make for a great alternative to edge highlighting on DE vehicles, adding a smoother look than the hard-edged highlighting you typically see. You could also use it apply base colours on your models that you can't currently get in a spraycan.
Back to top Go down
E_50_Panzer
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Fri May 19 2017, 04:02

Yes, easy layering on the vehicles. And the easy base coating is a given, but I know people who can base 40 models in ten minutes with their airbrushes.
Back to top Go down
inevitable_faith
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Wed Jun 14 2017, 21:51

Finished up another 5 Kabalites to bring my squad to a full ten strong. I'm excited that the new 8E rules will support this loadout better than 7th did (hence why I was in no rush to get the Dark Lance guy painted). Some more Bloodbrides will be next.

Back to top Go down
Scrz
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Thu Jun 15 2017, 12:13

Great work. So that's what a painted shredder looks like. I think it's the first time I've seen one outside a bitz box bargain bin.
Back to top Go down
inevitable_faith
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Wed Jun 21 2017, 00:11

Thanks Scrz for the comment, I'm slow to respond as I left town for a week right after posting. Yeah I got these guys second hand so I didn't kit them out myself and since I got them with no extra bits even if I ripped the shredder off I have no spare weapons for him. Fingers crossed that the Shredder in 8th is an alright option to take.
Back to top Go down
inevitable_faith
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Wed Aug 23 2017, 15:19

It's been a long time since my last update but I did manage to finish up the last 5 Bloodbrides I had converted. This brings the unit up to ten strong. Now I just need to get these ladies a ride, which won't happen for a while as I have a box of scourges and a Voidraven bomber to work on.

Back to top Go down
Asgog
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Fri Aug 25 2017, 07:42

What can I say I just read through this and it amazing, it is inspiring to see a very original take on dark eldar and the look amazing. The bloodbrides in particular are stunning. I'm definitely going to use those heads if I ever make a unit of them
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Fri Aug 25 2017, 13:54

Said it elsewhere, but these guys (and gals) are brilliamt Smile from what i gather Wyches are good again in 8th so you're in!

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
inevitable_faith
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Fri Aug 25 2017, 23:15

Thank you very much Asgog, your kind words mean a lot to me and help keep me inspired to continue working on this force.

Thank you very much Ynneadwraith for your continued support, I'm so glad you've stuck with my plogs for this long and given such encouraging words and great ideas.
Back to top Go down
Morgrim
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Mon Sep 04 2017, 01:07

Fantastic work! I really love those bloodbrides conversions. might have to steal that idea!
Back to top Go down
inevitable_faith
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Mon Sep 04 2017, 01:13

Thank you very much Morgrim, very glad you like them. If you do make some up drop a link in here, I'd love to see how yours turn out.
Back to top Go down
Scrz
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Mon Sep 04 2017, 09:58

What a good looking bunch of murderers. I have always wanted to use those heads for something. Wyches seems like the perfect candidate. I never could justify the cost though. Seeing this I might have to reconsider. Smile
Back to top Go down
inevitable_faith
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Mon Sep 04 2017, 15:24

Thank you Scrz, I'm really glad you like them.

Sadly the cost is a prohibitive factor, you're buying the sisters of slaughter box exclusively for the heads unless you have plans to also make some fantasy dark elf wyches. If you can get the heads from a bits site or buy/trade for some from an AoS player then it'll be much more affordable.
Back to top Go down
masamune
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Mon Sep 04 2017, 21:48

Really nice work, I like the color scheme =)

Dark eldars ~4k points / Battle sisters ~2k points
Back to top Go down
inevitable_faith
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Mon Sep 04 2017, 22:04

Thank you very much Masamune, I'm thrilled to see the positive response to this force.
Back to top Go down

Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Project Logs
-
Jump to: