HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Episode 28: Damn Plasma Pistol! (Come on Eldrad, know your stats!)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Episode 28: Damn Plasma Pistol! (Come on Eldrad, know your stats!)   Wed Nov 02 2016, 13:12

It's the two year anniversary episode! Thor is back as we are joined by our favorite returning third chair Alex to talk recent changes by GW, supplements, and recap that questionable piece of fluff from the Death Masque box. We are also joined by Lawrence from Tabletop Tactics for a special interview where he talks about the list and tactics used to win his third No Retreat championship in a row!

http://traffic.libsyn.com/splintermind/Episode_28_Damn_Plasma_Pistol_Final.mp3

"Solutions are good, how many dark eldar archons can you find sitting in their throne rooms whining that they used to rule the universe? Exactly."  -The Burning Eye
Splintermind: The Dark Eldar Podcast
My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Episode 28: Damn Plasma Pistol! (Come on Eldrad, know your stats!)   Wed Nov 02 2016, 20:16

It makes me so happy whenever I hear KMFDM or Ministry in these.

Back to top Go down
tibersky
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Episode 28: Damn Plasma Pistol! (Come on Eldrad, know your stats!)   Thu Nov 03 2016, 02:22

Yes!! Finally my Splintermind fix!
Back to top Go down
smith1186
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Episode 28: Damn Plasma Pistol! (Come on Eldrad, know your stats!)   Fri Nov 04 2016, 13:59

More of Lawrence and Skari!!!!!

Great podcast!

Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Episode 28: Damn Plasma Pistol! (Come on Eldrad, know your stats!)   Fri Nov 04 2016, 20:09

Great episode guys!

My vote for the Optimistic Archon section would be Incubi (and possibly Drazhar). IMHO they are the coolest looking models in the whole army and it would be great to hear from you guys how best to make them work.

Wych

PostSubject: Re: Episode 28: Damn Plasma Pistol! (Come on Eldrad, know your stats!)   Sat Nov 05 2016, 16:59

As usual I enjoyed listening to the pod casts.

I think the obvious choices for the Optimistic Archon would be the Voidraven Bomber, Incubi, wyches, Beastmasters, Hellions, and Mandrakes.

As an aside, Artemus (sp?) knew the Eldar were on the moon to stop Eldrad just because he had "Jedi" intuition they were there...
Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Episode 28: Damn Plasma Pistol! (Come on Eldrad, know your stats!)   Sun Nov 06 2016, 04:45

@CurstAlchemist wrote:

As an aside, Artemus (sp?) knew the Eldar were on the moon to stop Eldrad just because he had "Jedi" intuition they were there...

I don't own it and haven't read it, but didn't he also disobey a direct order so he could follow his hunch?

Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Episode 28: Damn Plasma Pistol! (Come on Eldrad, know your stats!)   Sun Nov 06 2016, 06:39

@Calyptra That is correct.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Episode 28: Damn Plasma Pistol! (Come on Eldrad, know your stats!)   Mon Nov 07 2016, 02:16

@CurstAlchemist wrote:
As usual I enjoyed listening to the pod casts.

I think the obvious choices for the Optimistic Archon would be the Voidraven Bomber, Incubi, wyches, Beastmasters, Hellions, and Mandrakes.

Thank you!

Mandrakes will be first, Incubi seem to be the favorite so far for the following month... I'd love to figure out how to use the Voidraven now that I own two of the, Evil or Very Mad

And man, that Jedi intuition angle still has me convinced that I did the right thing by not buying Death Masque Razz

Oh, and thank you to everyone for not being annoyed by my voice. That cold was brutal!

"Solutions are good, how many dark eldar archons can you find sitting in their throne rooms whining that they used to rule the universe? Exactly."  -The Burning Eye
Back to top Go down
killedbydeath
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Episode 28: Damn Plasma Pistol! (Come on Eldrad, know your stats!)   Mon Nov 07 2016, 05:09

No thank you guys for a great podcast and I look forward to hear about mandrakes and incubi.
Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Episode 28: Damn Plasma Pistol! (Come on Eldrad, know your stats!)   Mon Nov 07 2016, 06:17

I like to think that immediately after Death Masque, Captain Artemis was promptly executed for his disobedience. Or better yet, mindwiped and made into a servitor. I may need to convert a model.

Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon

PostSubject: Re: Episode 28: Damn Plasma Pistol! (Come on Eldrad, know your stats!)   Tue Nov 08 2016, 08:10

That's how the Imperium works: the only difference between the hero and the heretic is whether they won.
Back to top Go down
Krossvain
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Episode 28: Damn Plasma Pistol! (Come on Eldrad, know your stats!)   Tue Nov 08 2016, 22:14

Sooooo happy to hear Reaver Jetbikes tearing it up. Admittedly, I would not have thought to put the blasters on the them though. Cluster Caltrops is the obvious butter on that unit.
Back to top Go down
Korona
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Episode 28: Damn Plasma Pistol! (Come on Eldrad, know your stats!)   Wed Nov 09 2016, 01:12

He had both - after all, why have one upgrade when you can have two at twice the price?!
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dark One
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Episode 28: Damn Plasma Pistol! (Come on Eldrad, know your stats!)   Wed Nov 09 2016, 11:13

On the Lord of War thing, I would actually prefer if they did something completely different for us. I think the "Gargantuan Talos/Grot" could be possible but that's rather bland and I can't imagine it really fitting into the army gameplay wise. Vect would be cool, but unless he is loaded with a crap ton of special rules I can't imagine him being as good as other LoW options.

I would LOVE if they expand on the lovecraftian aspect of the DE and let us summon a giant monstrosity from forbidden zones of the webway. Just like the stable Dark Gate that does not close after a fraction of a second. Or perhaps just a colossal shadow-being from Aelindrach that has Infiltrate and provides Night Fighting.

*Wishing*

killedbydeath
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Episode 28: Damn Plasma Pistol! (Come on Eldrad, know your stats!)   Wed Nov 09 2016, 16:27

I would love to see something like a huge monster or bigger gunboat/ ravager. But maybe a lord of war that buffed the army would be more in character with the dark elder theme. A haemoculus Coven machine like the vampire count mortis engine comes to mind, buffing the power from pain rule or something vehicle/character that helped us survive.
Back to top Go down
Rhivan
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Episode 28: Damn Plasma Pistol! (Come on Eldrad, know your stats!)   Sun Nov 20 2016, 18:25

I'd really like an optimistic Archon to feature Incubi because I really like their models and would love to field them.
Back to top Go down
kabal_jagged_eye
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Episode 28: Damn Plasma Pistol! (Come on Eldrad, know your stats!)   Sun Jan 08 2017, 19:43

@Rhivan wrote:
I'd really like an optimistic Archon to feature Incubi because I really like their models and would love to field them.

Love the Incubi models too. Would like to see an Optiistic Archon article on using Hellions too, like Incubi, the models and fluff are brilliant.

Outstanding podcast. Looking forward to the next episode.
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dark One
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Episode 28: Damn Plasma Pistol! (Come on Eldrad, know your stats!)   Mon Jan 09 2017, 00:23

I second the Incubi and would find the beasts interesting as well.

Also, when will the new podcast be uploaded? I got a long fly on Tuesday and it would be great if I could listen to Splintermind in the meantime ^^

Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Episode 28: Damn Plasma Pistol! (Come on Eldrad, know your stats!)   Mon Jan 09 2017, 01:34

@The Strange Dark One wrote:
I second the Incubi and would find the beasts interesting as well.

Also, when will the new podcast be uploaded? I got a long fly on Tuesday and it would be great if I could listen to Splintermind in the meantime ^^

Ooops! I never loaded Episode 29.... Will do now!

Episode 30 has been delayed (again) due to warp storm interference, or just a bad internet connection.

Back to top Go down
mattblowers
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Episode 28: Damn Plasma Pistol! (Come on Eldrad, know your stats!)   Mon Jan 09 2017, 18:26

This was my first time listening to your podcast. It was great! Having Lawrence from Tabletop Tactics discuss how he won with DE did a ton to help get me warmed up to the my new 2017 army.
My only critique would be the discussion of the FAQ. Whilst I see and appreciate why being forced to snapfire from transports that jinked would be a hard burden for DE (and necrons to a lesser extent), I was disappointed that you weren't quite as charitable to the Tyranids massive nerf to Monstrous Creatures. They are the army I come from for the past 3 years. They are as dependent on cover saves as the DE are. I can live with the fact that flying monstrous creatures no longer get a cover save in ruins, but the nerf to all monstrous creatures just absolutely destroys 'nids. Unlike DE, we are an extremely slow army outside of our flyers. With no access to any invulnerable saves, low WS, low Initiative, and usually 3 attacks are MCs were barely playable as is. Now that they need 25% obscured to get a cover save means they either have to slog through cover to get to the enemy or not get a cover save at all. Wraithknights and Stormsurges should not get toe-in-cover. Heck, I think riptides should be walkers, but the point is I even lobbied for Dark Eldar to not have to snapshoot from jinking transports. I would hope other bottom dwelling codex brethren would do the same for others.
Not a criticism, just an observation. Loved the podcast. Made it so much more enjoyable building my DE army the past 10 days. I'm taking them to a major ITC event the end of March so I have a ton to learn in a short time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Episode 28: Damn Plasma Pistol! (Come on Eldrad, know your stats!)   

Back to top Go down

Episode 28: Damn Plasma Pistol! (Come on Eldrad, know your stats!)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Splintermind
-
Jump to: