HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesNull CityFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 
 

 Keeper of Secrets rumor

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Draco
Kabalite Warrior
avatar

Posts : 211
Join date : 2016-02-01
Location : Chicago

PostSubject: Keeper of Secrets rumor   Tue Oct 18 2016, 13:09

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2016/10/40k-rumors-keeper-of-secrets-edition.html

I know it's just a rumor, but many of these develop quickly into fact.

Does this mean our army might see some new life, even if it's just by accident to put up against Slaanesh?
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Trueborn
avatar

Posts : 2679
Join date : 2015-03-03
Location : Ruhr Metropolian Area

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of Secrets rumor   Tue Oct 18 2016, 14:15

What makes you think that we get an update because of the keeper of secrets?

_________________
+++++INCOMING TRANSMISSION+++++
The Dark Eldar Codex sucks. You probably won just because your enemy loaded his dice to loose. Never forget this mantra and spread the word. Mention it in every discussion possible, people can´t get enough of that valuable information and need to be reminded regularely.
+++++END OF TRANSMISSION+++++
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t12720-tainted-reborn
Back to top Go down
Draco
Kabalite Warrior
avatar

Posts : 211
Join date : 2016-02-01
Location : Chicago

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of Secrets rumor   Tue Oct 18 2016, 14:19

CptMetal wrote:
What makes you think that we get an update because of the keeper of secrets?

Extreme wishful thinking that if they push a new line of Slaanesh, we might be the other half of the box.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
avatar

Posts : 6707
Join date : 2012-04-26
Location : London

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of Secrets rumor   Tue Oct 18 2016, 14:24

Draco wrote:
CptMetal wrote:
What makes you think that we get an update because of the keeper of secrets?

Extreme wishful thinking that if they push a new line of Slaanesh, we might be the other half of the box.

Better hope we do better then the Harlequins and Eldrad did against the Deathwatch then! Our half of the box will probably be 15 Wyches and 1 (Failcast) Grotesque...

_________________

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Incubi
avatar

Posts : 1555
Join date : 2013-12-18
Location : Hampshire, England

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of Secrets rumor   Wed Oct 19 2016, 08:20

Any box so far has been half Imperial. SO I wouldn't get your hopes up.

After the Sisters mention/joke in the Magnus video a little while back, and the inclusion of Captain Artemis in the Deathwatch, I'm willing to bet any Slaanesh themed set would go all Daemonifuge (anyone remember that?!) and throw Sisters in there with Ephrael Stern.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
krayd
Sybarite
avatar

Posts : 488
Join date : 2011-10-03
Location : Richmond, VA

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of Secrets rumor   Wed Oct 19 2016, 16:23

Squidmaster wrote:
Any box so far has been half Imperial. SO I wouldn't get your hopes up.

After the Sisters mention/joke in the Magnus video a little while back, and the inclusion of Captain Artemis in the Deathwatch, I'm willing to bet any Slaanesh themed set would go all Daemonifuge (anyone remember that?!) and throw Sisters in there with Ephrael Stern.

Well, GW *did* recently tease the possibility (which is actually more of an eventuality, since I don't think that they would publically mention something that they're not planning to release) of plastic Sisters of Battle, so that seems like a likely scenario.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Wych
avatar

Posts : 813
Join date : 2016-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of Secrets rumor   Wed Oct 19 2016, 17:37

Didn't I see some rumor about "battle in the webway" somewhere recently? Stopped going to Tacobell due to all the adds making navigation impossible on a mobile.
Back to top Go down
Draco
Kabalite Warrior
avatar

Posts : 211
Join date : 2016-02-01
Location : Chicago

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of Secrets rumor   Wed Oct 19 2016, 18:35

fisheyes wrote:
Didn't I see some rumor about "battle in the webway" somewhere recently? Stopped going to Tacobell due to all the adds making navigation impossible on a mobile.

Yeah it does sound  familiar, and it took me a bit to get the Tacobell reference.
Back to top Go down
stilgar27
Sybarite
avatar

Posts : 468
Join date : 2012-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of Secrets rumor   Wed Oct 19 2016, 18:49

It actually depends greatly on which game system or event they're talking about...  While it may be something entirely new, this could be a reference to either:

The "War within the webway" during the heresy, where the emperor and his guardians fought of a daemonic incursions allowed by the broken webway gate.  There are some differing accounts on this, as in some accounts the emperor stepped in and allowed for the portal to be closed, while in others it is still *slightly* open and the custodious and sisters (of silence) still fights a continuous albeit small scale incursion into m41.
Or:
The "War within the webway" involving the dark eldar and harlequins took place in m37(.5), which isn't a setting 30 or 40k has ever dealt with.  This war also took place against the thousand sons (again), or at least their outcast sorceror ahriman as he tried to access the black library.

I could see a stand alone board game developed for either.  Although that's entirely speculation though on my part.

As for slaanesh's return influencing the dark eldar, I'd give that a hard no.  As others have mentioned, every box set (ever) has included an imperial side and an "other".  Besides that - the harlequins received this honor last time and I doubt their extremely similar cousins will be the next in line.

As far as any update goes; you should be careful what you wish for here.  I have been suggesting for years that GW just fold the FW renegades and heretics book in as a fix for CSM codex failings.  Now that they're actually doing that, it seems that all they're really creating is confusion about which codex you're playing and of course... the GW rules still suck.

Quick Example Noone Cares about:
 

It would not surprise me one bit if they the dark kin/corsairs received a similar treatment.

Based on the PG nonsense suggested by GW's recent actions though, it also wouldn't surprise me at all if my bare breasted, thong wearing slaanesh army wasn't banned from GW shops at some point in the near future.
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
avatar

Posts : 1251
Join date : 2015-03-15
Location : Massachusetts

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of Secrets rumor   Wed Oct 19 2016, 19:01

Our war within the webway has been rumored by natfka for months. Natfka is not a good source. Now that other rumor mills are hoping on that band wagon I think that rumor has more legitimacy.

http://natfka.blogspot.com/2016/07/40k-8th-edition-campaigns-exciting-look.html

The context still seems wrong, but a number of specific model rumors originated in that article and are now being confirmed from different sources. I think it's safe to say the lions share of that rumor is probably true even if it's contextually misplaced.

With the new rumor of "premium" starter armies for christmas I would not be surprised to see more than just a magnus force appear this year.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Wych
avatar

Posts : 813
Join date : 2016-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of Secrets rumor   Thu Oct 20 2016, 19:45

Meh, thought as much. I will not be holding my breath.
Back to top Go down
John M
Kabalite Warrior
avatar

Posts : 204
Join date : 2013-03-17
Location : Aberystwyth

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of Secrets rumor   Mon Oct 24 2016, 00:50

Count Adhemar wrote:
Draco wrote:
CptMetal wrote:
What makes you think that we get an update because of the keeper of secrets?

Extreme wishful thinking that if they push a new line of Slaanesh, we might be the other half of the box.

Better hope we do better then the Harlequins and Eldrad did against the Deathwatch then! Our half of the box will probably be 15 Wyches and 1 (Failcast) Grotesque...

Oh ye of little faith, it could be epic; with primarchs coming back anything is possible
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
avatar

Posts : 6707
Join date : 2012-04-26
Location : London

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of Secrets rumor   Mon Oct 24 2016, 07:59

John M wrote:
Count Adhemar wrote:
Draco wrote:
CptMetal wrote:
What makes you think that we get an update because of the keeper of secrets?

Extreme wishful thinking that if they push a new line of Slaanesh, we might be the other half of the box.

Better hope we do better then the Harlequins and Eldrad did against the Deathwatch then! Our half of the box will probably be 15 Wyches and 1 (Failcast) Grotesque...

Oh ye of little faith, it could be epic; with primarchs coming back anything is possible

If you play Space Marines...

_________________

You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. In what world could you possibly beat me?
Back to top Go down
John M
Kabalite Warrior
avatar

Posts : 204
Join date : 2013-03-17
Location : Aberystwyth

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of Secrets rumor   Mon Oct 24 2016, 10:29

Count Adhemar wrote:
John M wrote:
Count Adhemar wrote:
Draco wrote:
CptMetal wrote:
What makes you think that we get an update because of the keeper of secrets?

Extreme wishful thinking that if they push a new line of Slaanesh, we might be the other half of the box.

Better hope we do better then the Harlequins and Eldrad did against the Deathwatch then! Our half of the box will probably be 15 Wyches and 1 (Failcast) Grotesque...

Oh ye of little faith, it could be epic; with primarchs coming back anything is possible

If you play Space Marines...

oh snap; but we'll have to wait and see
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Wych
avatar

Posts : 813
Join date : 2016-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of Secrets rumor   Mon Oct 24 2016, 16:18

I am not sure where that rumour originates, but if the Primarchs come back, I imagine that will be the end of true Grimdark. Afterall, how can the imperium not return to Utopia when lead by the super-space-warrior-monk-kings. You cant really argue with a 8' guy who can say "well, my daddy the God-Emporer said...". Although they would probably have issue with worshipping him as a God-Emporer (which was Logar's undoing)
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
avatar

Posts : 1251
Join date : 2015-03-15
Location : Massachusetts

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of Secrets rumor   Mon Oct 24 2016, 16:30

That the primarchs are coming back has been a rumor from very good sources, I think you are also over estimating Their impact. They may be worth thousands of MEQ bodies in the fluff, and won't come close to that in the crunch, but the epic grimdark won't go away just because of their presence since they have both been here before and it has been grimmer and darker in the past than it is now.

That said I HATE the pulpy grimdark aesthetic and would like nothing more than to go past midnight so we can be rid of it.
Back to top Go down
krayd
Sybarite
avatar

Posts : 488
Join date : 2011-10-03
Location : Richmond, VA

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of Secrets rumor   Mon Oct 24 2016, 16:39

fisheyes wrote:
I am not sure where that rumour originates, but if the Primarchs come back, I imagine that will be the end of true Grimdark. Afterall, how can the imperium not return to Utopia when lead by the super-space-warrior-monk-kings. You cant really argue with a 8' guy who can say "well, my daddy the God-Emporer said...". Although they would probably have issue with worshipping him as a God-Emporer (which was Logar's undoing)

Nah. The Imperium would just break into all-out civil war (moreso than usual). The Lords of Terra wouldn't be too keen on giving over power to the primarchs, after holding onto it for about 10k years. Any primarchs who don't defer to them would be declared false and their chapters heretics. With the Imperium being the lumbering bureaucratic nightmare of poor communication that it is, different factions would likely constantly be changing allegiences as they try to figure out which leaders seem most genuine.

In other words, it would be not too much different from business as usual.
Back to top Go down
John M
Kabalite Warrior
avatar

Posts : 204
Join date : 2013-03-17
Location : Aberystwyth

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of Secrets rumor   Mon Oct 24 2016, 18:20

Even if the release does focus on just the Primarchs the DE must get something as they/we are currently hosting one of them in the city...right?
Back to top Go down
krayd
Sybarite
avatar

Posts : 488
Join date : 2011-10-03
Location : Richmond, VA

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of Secrets rumor   Mon Oct 24 2016, 18:32

John M wrote:
Even if the release does focus on just the Primarchs the DE must get something as they/we are currently hosting one of them in the city...right?

In an ideal world, he'd have been a prisoner in the Dark City for quite some time, and be completely insane, and possibly a sleeper agent if returned to realspace.

However, I think that GW likes its primarchs too much to allow that to happen. He's probably been just fighting random crap in the webway for several millennia.
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
avatar

Posts : 849
Join date : 2015-05-01
Location : Las Vegas

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of Secrets rumor   Mon Oct 24 2016, 19:22

Well we know of at least one Primarch who is already made by GW and awaiting release, Magnus. How far they are going to take it we don't know at this point.

Back to top Go down
John M
Kabalite Warrior
avatar

Posts : 204
Join date : 2013-03-17
Location : Aberystwyth

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of Secrets rumor   Mon Oct 24 2016, 19:24

CurstAlchemist wrote:
Well we know of at least one Primarch who is already made by GW and awaiting release, Magnus. How far they are going to take it we don't know at this point.



HHHNNNNGGGHHH
Back to top Go down
Ultimatejet
Hellion
avatar

Posts : 44
Join date : 2016-05-05
Location : Kabal of the Black Ark

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of Secrets rumor   Mon Oct 24 2016, 19:53

I've red that GW is going to release one daemonic primarch for every chaos God.

Assuming this rumor as true, Magnus is probably involved in the Warzone Fenris Part 2. Maybe DE can have some releases linked to the other 3 chaos primarchs' campaigns.
Back to top Go down
Causalis
Kabalite Warrior
avatar

Posts : 209
Join date : 2016-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of Secrets rumor   Mon Oct 24 2016, 20:21

Am I the only one who doesn't like that model? His armour looks almost Arabian but its overall looks just don't match with the brute statue of Magnus. The horns also don't fit in and his hair is like an 80s or 90s housewife. I think they tried to make his armour look a) Tzeenchy (which they nailed, the bird heads are awesome!) and b) like something a magic-user would wear (so they loaded it up on ornaments and made it a ritual armour and not something designed to be worn for battle). But the later part just doesn't match with that red hulk dude who looks like he wants to get into the fray and smash those Spehs Muhreens to pieces. GW should have just given him full-plate-armour, get rid of the loincloth and the nipple-horns.

His wings look dope af.
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
avatar

Posts : 1251
Join date : 2015-03-15
Location : Massachusetts

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of Secrets rumor   Mon Oct 24 2016, 20:53

The nipple horns are literally as canon as it gets, hair too.
Back to top Go down
Causalis
Kabalite Warrior
avatar

Posts : 209
Join date : 2016-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Keeper of Secrets rumor   Mon Oct 24 2016, 21:07

Quote :
The nipple horns are literally as canon as it gets, hair too.

Your point being? I don't claim that he looks untrue to the canon. I'm just saying that his model looks odd. It's just the design that makes him stand out so much. Even the Slaanesh models look more coherent than he does. They crammed womens 80s hairstyle, a bull, a bird and some weird prince-of-arabiaesque style into a single mini. And then he had to be red as if the model wasn't already screaming NOTICE ME. :')

Back to top Go down
 
Keeper of Secrets rumor
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DARK ELDAR DISCUSSION

 :: News & Rumours
-
Jump to: